Contributor

Come on "Q"!! NO ingredients listed (FRESH product) 7 Parabens??!!!

Hi Ladies, oh goodness! I ordered the Discovery Kit from the Fresh Line, here on the Q.

What a MISTAKE that was. At least for me.

I read on here (somewhere) a person or two recommending the Fresh Line, went to check it out. I am usually a stickler when it comes to ingredients due to the fact that have been having a very very difficult time with my skin; the past 2/3 years and especially of late. Some of it is due to allergies (will be getting tests done, food wise), but regardless of what I do or do not "eat" one thing is for certain, 100%...I am highly, overly or just plain Allergic to certain things in cosmetics, like fragrance in my skin care and I do NOT "knowingly" put PARABENS on my skin, ESPECIALLY MY FACE. ICK. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

There were NO "ingredients" listed for either the Lotus Discovery Kit OR the Soy Face Cleanser. Soy Face Cleanser got like over 50 something FIVE Star Reviews; therefore, I thought "well, this has got to be some good stuff and it "sounds" nice and healthy. HAH!!

Got the kit home today. Could barely read the ingredient list (getting old) and lo and behold it has at LEAST 7 PARABENS. Now, granted, they are at the "end" of all the ingredients (A LOT of ingredients), but nevertheless, there they are.

So disappointed. From what I could "tell" there doesn't seem to be prarabens in the face cream or eye cream, but I also do not know whether all/some/or most of the other ingredients are "okay" either. Not an Expert on that kind of stuff like many Ladies here on the boards.

I have NO idea why our "Q" has been deciding on NOT to list the ingredients on ALL items regarding cosmetics; I never encountered that before. But!! they have also started NOT listing WHERE our jewelry is MADE and so that should of already been a "red flag" for me.

MY "bad" for NOT {#emotions_dlg.blushing}checking out this item/brand on some other website to get the ingredient list.

Is it "necessary" for items to have Parabens in them; like for preserving the product??{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Very disappointed in the Q in not providing such important information. Smiley Sad

moondust

Regular Contributor

Re: Come on ""Q""!! NO ingredients listed (FRESH product) 7 Parabens??!!!

It is not necessary for items to have parabens in them. Parabens definition from the ewg.org/skindeep website - "Parabens are preservatives used by the food, pharmaceutical, and personal care product industries. Parabens mimic estrogen and can act as potential hormone (endocrine) system disruptors."

I have sensitive skin and rosacea and I have been using products from Mineral Fusion and I am very happy with them. I really like the Age-defying Treatment Serum and the Intense Hydration Facial Cream. I also use most of their makeup products which I also like very much.

Check out mineral fusion and if you are ever curious about an ingredient you can look it up on ewg.org/skindeep and it provides information on any heatlh concerns not only from the FDA but also what scientists in other parts of the world like Europe, Japan, Canada, etc. have determined about the safety of different ingredients. It's a good resource.

Honored Contributor

The EWG is one source. Their conclusions are based on data that has been questioned at great length. Check cancer.org for their take on parabens. It is well-reasoned and cautious.

This all notwithstanding, I understand your dismay at the lack of an ingredient list, OP. I usually google a product when I don't see the ingredient list on one site. Usually I can find it somewhere.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Just type in any ingredient in your search engine and there will be multiple sites that can define what the ingredients are. Usually if it is a natural ingredient there will be a plant name in parentheses after the word. You can pretty much tell if something is a chemical because of the way it is spelled but type it in and you will get a definition.

Some companies that claim to be ""natural"" either have one or more natural ingredients combined with chemicals or they have changed the structure of the original natural ingredient so much that it can hardly be considered ""natural"" anymore.

One of the other channels sells Korres products and they claim to be all natural. I usually check those things out pretty well but missed the fact that the first ingredient in the bath gel was sulfate. I couldn't figure out why my skin was getting so dry. Then I checked the ingredient list and there it was!

The Fresh product line is highly over priced. Shea Terra Organics is about as high in price as I will go for natural ingredients. They are pretty good products and as natural as they get. Sometimes you can buy your own natural ingredients online and put them together yourself and get a really good product with the ingredients that are your choosing. Bath and body products are pretty easy to make. A little study and you can be your own bath and body product producer. It is fun and good for your skin.