Super Contributor

Combo Skin Foundation Recomendations Please

I have been on a search for a foundation that will last a work day with minimal effort and won't break out my acne prone skin. Acne is not much of a problem unless I deal with heavy silicone products, for example I break out the very next day after using Smashbox primer. Some foundation with silicone haven't bothered me, I guess it's in the percentage. I don't care if it's light to medium coverage or full. I can always sheer out a foundation if the coverage is too much for me. I can't use dewy foundations as I just look oily after a short while, so I guess I want a matte to natural finish. Does anyone have any recomendations for me? Anyone have a HG foundation?

Respected Contributor

Re: Combo Skin Foundation Recomendations Please

Revlon Colorstay Whipped is really nice, if you can find a color.

Valued Contributor

- Estee Lauder Double Wear (any dept. store will match your skintone and give you a generous free sample to last a week or more)

- Perricone's No Foundation Foundation Serum  (uber light coverage that does not make one "dewy"/shiny!  It's different fron the "No Foundation Foundation")

Respected Contributor

I switched from BE to IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation and couldn't be happier with the results. After years of using BE my skin had changed and I was looking ultra dry with that powdery mineral foundation. IT has made my skin look fresh and even!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Lancome Teint Idole 24 Hour. It's worth it. It's amazing, and the only liquid foundation that has worked for my acne prone skin.
Super Contributor

Thanks for the replies, I feel like Goldilocks, this one is too dry, this one is too moisturizing, too matte, too dewy, too yellow, too pink, or orange, then if by some chance I find one II like it breaks me out! Frustrating. I went to Sephora and was "color matched". I brought home 3 samples all too light. Tent Idole is my standby, but I find it a little dry, clings to a dry patch I have on my cheek. Maybe with a moisturizing primer, but  that's another problem, many primers break me out. I think the problem with long wearing foundation is that it tends to be drying. I'm testing Nars Sheer Glow now, it's matte, don't get the name. Seems pretty good but shades have been off, I have one more to try in the color Santa Fe, it seems like it might match me. Anyway, I'll check out the foundations you guys recommended. I really appreciate the help, it helps narrow down the search!

Super Contributor

This has been my go to foundation. You should check out you tube tutorials. Best of all its only $6 @ Walmart. Lots of colors to choosefrom, your bound to get a good match. When I bought it, I thought what the heck I'll give it try for $6. Who new I would love it so much and stays looking nice all day._20150904_195816.JPG