Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 -- Moderate March

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Oh where to start @just bee. I've had some of my Isaac Pima tees for about 6 years and they look new. The fit is good...I size up to have extra breathing room in warmer weather. They're thick enough to not show "bra meat", lumps, bumps, but cool enough for summers...I just push up sleeves a bit. They wash & air dry like a dream. What more can I say? 

@Shanus 

Sounds like something I may need to investigate.  I intend to part with some older shortsleeved tees when we move back into our house and downgrade the work tees to everyday wear.

I just hesitate to start a new addiction right now. Woman Wink

@just bee   I hate to initiate a buying habit, but since you stay w/ neutrals and they last "forever", it's less expensive than replacing cheaper tees every 6 months or so. Case closed. Lol

Honored Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Eager2Learn wrote:

I call February a success!

Though I added 2 items to my stockpile, I removed 6. I also decluttered 20 items (clothes, shoes, books, etc).

However, I'm feeling a strong urge to go to Costco and stock up on some items I like, but don't really need at this time (today's the last day of this sale). So, I came here instead. Woman Happy

All things in moderation!

@Eager2Learn 

Is it because it's the first day of a new month?  I'm getting ready to replace my toothbrush and razor blade and have that "need something new" feeling.

I'd taken note of everything I thought I needed in Costco's coupon book but ended up getting only Cosequin for the dog.

You were right to come here instead! Woman LOL

@just bee Cinnamon now has enough Cosequin to last over a year. She also has about half a dozen packages of dental chews, jerky, sausage treats, etc from Costco. It seems that "Mama" has created a stockpile for the dog as well. 

Note to self: is it really necessary to buy dog chews every time you go to Costco? Woman Wink

@Eager2Learn 

We bought a jar that wasn't "on sale" so when the $10 off deal came around I told BH to pick up two jars.  Then I started having these horrible thoughts about the dog not being able to finish these.

Any weird behavior has me thinking he's at Death's door.

Why do we do this to ourselves?  Good thing I didn't have kids!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Oh where to start @just bee. I've had some of my Isaac Pima tees for about 6 years and they look new. The fit is good...I size up to have extra breathing room in warmer weather. They're thick enough to not show "bra meat", lumps, bumps, but cool enough for summers...I just push up sleeves a bit. They wash & air dry like a dream. What more can I say? 

@Shanus 

Sounds like something I may need to investigate.  I intend to part with some older shortsleeved tees when we move back into our house and downgrade the work tees to everyday wear.

I just hesitate to start a new addiction right now. Woman Wink

@just bee   I hate to initiate a buying habit, but since you stay w/ neutrals and they last "forever", it's less expensive than replacing cheaper tees every 6 months or so. Case closed. Lol

@Shanus 

Good point! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

BH just switched off cable news and he's watching an episode of Hoarders.  A woman collects dead animals.

I think that means it's time to get this dog out. Woman Very Happy

Oh -- forgot to mention it.  I finally got a look at the new cultured marble in the bathroom showers.  They did include a bit of "shelving" in the shower wall.

It's not much.

Tall bottles?  Not an option.  A lot of bottles?  Not going to happen.

This will be interesting because I don't want any products on the shower floor.

Honored Contributor

Hoarding Report:

First, and most important, plenty of toilet paper available!😂  Whew!  What a relief!😊

Much to my surprise, even in my tiny little town there were some scarce items.  No hand sanitizing wipes at all.  And only one display of Equate gel hand sanitizer in the large bottles--everything else was sold out.  The regular disinfecting wipes were about half gone, but plenty still available.  Same with regular liquid laundry bleach--only about half the usual supply.  Kleenex was low, but it usually is this time of year.  

A couple of oddities: dry pinto beans were totally sold out.  And dog biscuits almost gone--all varieties.  So, of course, I had to get Carla the last bag of some she likes, just in case!😊😆

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those of you that are looking to cut cable because of the repetiveness and violence, I've got a hack for you. I hooked up my laptop to my large screen tv. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard. So I am able to watch any topic from Youtube on a large screen right from my couch. I love watching interviews and lectures. But sometimes I watch movies. Yesterday I watched The Stand (the whole thing) that someone uploaded.  I haven't had cable in many years. Oh, and a&e recently uploaded tons of their hoarders episodes.

I also am not into being busy. I have my share of projects,but it's always something I like to do and it has an end in sight. There is a character in the film, About a Boy where people ask him, "What do you do?" and he always answers with, "Nothing."  I love that. I don't want to do, I want to  @just bee  (See what I did there? Lol!)

I haven't purchased anything online, but I have had several dental visits that more than make up for it.

Honored Contributor

My two cents on the IM tees:  I don't think I'm going to buy any more.  At least not on a consistent basis like I have been.

I like them, but they're not fitting in with my paring down.  And I can't justify the price when Bean's tees are more in line with how I dress now and I can get them so much cheaper.  A lot of my clothes are Bean now and it works better if I stick to their tees if I'm wearing their other clothes too.  And if for some reason I need to return, I can do that for free with Bean.

IM material has gotten cheaper (yes, so has Bean and everybody else) and I find it wrinkles more now.  I like that the length is a little longer (one thing I don't like about Bean) but I usually wear a shirt or fleece jacket over top and they're too long and show underneath.  I'm not a fan of longer tops under shorter ones.  So that means I need longer shirts/jackets/sweaters to go over those in addition to what I have, and most of those look too long on me anyway.  The necklines are "iffy" for me too--crew is too tight, scoop too loose.  What I do like is that I can buy an IM 'small' tee, wash it and dry it and it fits perfectly.  I have to be careful not to accidentally leave the Bean shirts in the dryer because those end up too small unless I line dry.

I may keep a few IM tees for specific occasions, i.e. they're perfect for a chiropractic treatment.  Long enough not to ride up in back.  But that's it.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee Oh, no, just bee go to a hairdresser and get yourself a good cut. You will feel so much better.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

@just bee Oh, no, just bee go to a hairdresser and get yourself a good cut. You will feel so much better.

@just bee 

At this point, if your mop is unpresentable outside the house, that might be your best bet.  Or you could try styling it for a while and see how that goes.

If it were me, I'd try to figure out how I wanted to wear my hair from now on before I did anything else to it.  That way if I did need to go to a stylist, I would have an idea of what I wanted her/him to do. I'd never give a stylist free rein with my hair.  Did that a couple of times when I was young--never again.

You know how hair is growing out, though--even with a good cut, there are always periods that you can't stand it.  

I'll bet it's not as bad as you think.  If nothing else, you can always continue wearing a ponytail for a while.  Or use those alligator clips.  Pull it back, scrunch all your hair in, and nobody has any idea what your hair looks like!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Brand new month - brand new beginning. Yes, I know it doesnt have to work Iike that, but it feels fresh or something. Something I havent scr$wed up yet. Woman Very Happy

HEP Fantasy Self Declutter - the part of myself that thinks I can control portion sizes.

When I was topically counting calories I was getting somewhere, I will go back to that starting today.  My consumption has been off the charts. 

I have lot to get through but I am going to try my hardest not to bring anymore home.  If it is here, it is fair game. One of my favorite ice cream is on sale again this week. I will resist. I must resist. 

March will be another HEP focus for me. Moderate March. I have to paste that everywhere as a reminder. 

I have a little catching up to do on this thread.