Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 -- Moderate March

I am having "wanna buy" feelings for Isaac's new Pima cotton tee. I have over a dozen of his Pima cotton tees.  I must resist..............

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I am having "wanna buy" feelings for Isaac's new Pima cotton tee. I have over a dozen of his Pima cotton tees.  I must resist..............

@Squirrel Lover   OK, can't resist Isaac's Pima tees either. Live all year in the long sleeve v necks. Have several black, whites, olives and greys in rotation so they don't fade from all the washing...I do wash inside out and lay flat to dry. Definitely a tough "don't buy". One of the pluses of limited colors in my wardrobe selection.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@just bee   My biggest hint I can pass along (I started this in Jan.) No shopping for fun, just to pass the time. I'll certainly find SOMETHING my closet doesn't need. I only go to the mall or discount stores if I have a list for gifts or items I actually need for myself...I keep a sheet of paper & pencil on string taped on wall of closet to jot down items as worn items are placed in toss bag and need to be replaced or occasion arises and realize I'm lacking a type of top or slacks or jacket. I've added a forth bag to closet floor other than donate, sell, toss...it's a "to be altered" bag. I've been able to shorten jackets, have sweater sleeves shortened at the shoulder seams, etc. and saved favorite garments. LL Bean had a good full site sale in the last 6 months & I purchased 4 of their famous "LL Bean Bags" w/ different color trims. They replaced the lg. round baskets that took up too much room on the closet floor. 

@Shanus 

All excellent advice.  I haven't shopped "for fun" in a very long time because it stopped being fun and became a farce.

But I do remember shopping as a hobby.  It's how I collected so much and now most of what I'd collected is in landfill.  What a waste.

We really don't need what we think we need.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

@Squirrel Lover   OK, can't resist Isaac's Pima tees either. Live all year in the long sleeve v necks. Have several black, whites, olives and greys in rotation so they don't fade from all the washing...I do wash inside out and lay flat to dry. Definitely a tough "don't buy". One of the pluses of limited colors in my wardrobe selection.

@Shanus 

@Squirrel Lover 

Okay, what's up with these shirts?  You two aren't the only ones waxing poetic about them.

Almost seven years ago I stocked longsleeve tees from Target to wear under my scrubs.  I really loved these and, like you @Shanus , I bought white, black, gray, olive (and red, for good measure).  Well, they aren't making these anymore and I've been looking for a replacement.

What I've learned is that I don't want to wear short sleeves, prints or bright colors anymore.  A longsleeve tee has become my most practical option. 

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Eager2Learn wrote:

I call February a success!

Though I added 2 items to my stockpile, I removed 6. I also decluttered 20 items (clothes, shoes, books, etc).

However, I'm feeling a strong urge to go to Costco and stock up on some items I like, but don't really need at this time (today's the last day of this sale). So, I came here instead. Woman Happy

All things in moderation!

@Eager2Learn 

Is it because it's the first day of a new month?  I'm getting ready to replace my toothbrush and razor blade and have that "need something new" feeling.

I'd taken note of everything I thought I needed in Costco's coupon book but ended up getting only Cosequin for the dog.

You were right to come here instead! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Oh where to start @just bee. I've had some of my Isaac Pima tees for about 6 years and they look new. The fit is good...I size up to have extra breathing room in warmer weather. They're thick enough to not show "bra meat", lumps, bumps, but cool enough for summers...I just push up sleeves a bit. They wash & air dry like a dream. What more can I say? 

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Eager2Learn wrote:

Though I added 2 items to my stockpile, I removed 6. I also decluttered 20 items (clothes, shoes, books, etc).

However, I'm feeling a strong urge to go to Costco and stock up on some items I like, but don't really need at this time (today's the last day of this sale). So, I came here instead. Woman Happy

@Eager2Learn 

Is it because it's the first day of a new month?  I'm getting ready to replace my toothbrush and razor blade and have that "need something new" feeling.

I'd taken note of everything I thought I needed in Costco's coupon book but ended up getting only Cosequin for the dog.

@just bee   Catalogs go in trash...extra temptation. 

Honored Contributor

And about that "need something new" feeling...

I started a new post about fun and now I'm considering another new post: What moronic thing have you done lately?

I'd mentioned I haven't had a haircut since well before the house fire so the mop is getting long.  Because it was a layered cut, I have one length sort of hovering at my chin and then longer layers making a move towards my shoulders.

I thought about whacking the longer layers off but I don't think a Dutch Boy cut would be flattering at this stage in my life.

So what moronic thing did I do this morning?

I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and cut two to three inches off.

Which produced new layers -- uneven and unsightly -- precisely where I didn't want them.

Woman Sad

Valued Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Eager2Learn wrote:

@Eager2Learn 

@just bee Cinnamon now has enough Cosequin to last over a year. She also has about half a dozen packages of dental chews, jerky, sausage treats, etc from Costco. It seems that "Mama" has created a stockpile for the dog as well. 

Note to self: is it really necessary to buy dog chews every time you go to Costco? Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Oh where to start @just bee. I've had some of my Isaac Pima tees for about 6 years and they look new. The fit is good...I size up to have extra breathing room in warmer weather. They're thick enough to not show "bra meat", lumps, bumps, but cool enough for summers...I just push up sleeves a bit. They wash & air dry like a dream. What more can I say? 

@Shanus 

Sounds like something I may need to investigate.  I intend to part with some older shortsleeved tees when we move back into our house and downgrade the work tees to everyday wear.

I just hesitate to start a new addiction right now. Woman Wink