Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 -- Moderate March

@rnmom  I usually shop at Aldi. Last week they were well stocked except for toilet paper and cleaning supplies. I think we all need to remind ourselves that there isn't a food shortage. Yes we should have enough food for a couple weeks at our home, but we don't need food to last a year. This weekend, I organized my food shelves in my kitchen. There are a lot more cans etc then I thought I had. It made me feel better too - didn't have urge to run out and buy more due to the hype on tv. If you have any free time, maybe review your kitchen shelves too. Find stuff you didn't know you had and it may help calm you and your family Smiley Happy 

@just bee  I like the duckies project! I know you all in medical fields need all the mental feel-good things you can get. 

Trusted Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Good morning everybody! Moderate March turned to Madness March quickly. The jokes on us!.....
I am stocked up and have more in my pantries then I have ever had in my life! Nothing like overkill.

Freezer in the garage is coming in handy now. I never really needed it before.

I actually feel like shopping because I should not expose myself to the virus. Since I feel deprived of this option I want to shop more than usual?
What in the heck is WRONG with me!!!!!
I am certifiably crazy!!!!
Going to hang with my dogs today outside. Its a beautiful day here.
I'm going to sit outside on the porch and chill.
Take care everybody! It's a mad- mad world out there☺

@Brisky  I think it's normal to feel you want to shop. Shopping is a "normal" thing to do and often it makes us feel better. However I think your plan to hang with your dogs outside is a better option! I know for myself when I can get outside in nature, without the news filling my head, I feel calmer.

What are some other calming good-for-us stuff can we do at home?

What are some good funny tv shows to binge watch?

What areas of our house can we declutter to help us feel like we accomplished something good?

Are there any fun websites or games like JustBee mentioned her puzzles that we can do instead of worrying?

These are the things I'm asking myself and I think would be helpful to everyone Smiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

Since I love nature and know others here do too, I would recommend watching an eagle nest camera Smiley Happy I know many don't like clicking links so I'll just say do an online search for  the Minnesota DNR eagle camera!! There is a pair with 3 eggs. They have confirmed 1 egg looks like it may be close to hatching. Eagles don't give a rip about the corona virus so its nice to see something going on as planned. 

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Love the names for those Ducks!☺

@Brisky 

I have a lot of them, but I also have a lot of ducks.  Duck Side of the Moon... All Hands on Duck...

That means I'll take any you can think of! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

@rnmom  I usually shop at Aldi. Last week they were well stocked except for toilet paper and cleaning supplies. I think we all need to remind ourselves that there isn't a food shortage. Yes we should have enough food for a couple weeks at our home, but we don't need food to last a year. This weekend, I organized my food shelves in my kitchen. There are a lot more cans etc then I thought I had. It made me feel better too - didn't have urge to run out and buy more due to the hype on tv. If you have any free time, maybe review your kitchen shelves too. Find stuff you didn't know you had and it may help calm you and your family Smiley Happy 

@just bee  I like the duckies project! I know you all in medical fields need all the mental feel-good things you can get. 

@FindingMyJoy 

That, and we're just weird.

Hey, this sounds like a good opportunity to start using up some things we've stored in our cupboards.  It's surprising how much food some of us actually have.  Plenty of ingredients for soups and stews.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

That quacks me up!😁

Finding my joy, nature is a good solution. It does calm my mind!
Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
Good morning everybody! Moderate March turned to Madness March quickly. The jokes on us!.....
I am stocked up and have more in my pantries then I have ever had in my life! Nothing like overkill.

Freezer in the garage is coming in handy now. I never really needed it before.

I actually feel like shopping because I should not expose myself to the virus. Since I feel deprived of this option I want to shop more than usual?
What in the heck is WRONG with me!!!!!
I am certifiably crazy!!!!
Going to hang with my dogs today outside. Its a beautiful day here.
I'm going to sit outside on the porch and chill.
Take care everybody! It's a mad- mad world out there☺

@Brisky  I think it's normal to feel you want to shop. Shopping is a "normal" thing to do and often it makes us feel better. However I think your plan to hang with your dogs outside is a better option! I know for myself when I can get outside in nature, without the news filling my head, I feel calmer.

What are some other calming good-for-us stuff can we do at home?

What are some good funny tv shows to binge watch?

What areas of our house can we declutter to help us feel like we accomplished something good?

Are there any fun websites or games like JustBee mentioned her puzzles that we can do instead of worrying?

These are the things I'm asking myself and I think would be helpful to everyone Smiley Happy 

@FindingMyJoy 

I think we should start giving that information to our patients, too.  I'm going to keep pushing for that because they need some coping strategies.

Those puzzles were fun!  I think I want to do a couple more today.

Now is the time to get creative, to do the things you haven't had time to do, and to spend time doing what feels normal.

Go outside, listen to music, cook, bake, go for a drive, read, watch movies, declutter, start a new hobby.

I donated all our board games before the fire but we still have card games.  I recommend those puzzles! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Full of quack, what the quack? getting my quack back, I could go on and on.
I promise I won't....
Respected Contributor

FindingMy Joy, I'm headed outside to nature. It is calming for me.
Brisk out..... Have a safe day everybody☺
Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

Since I love nature and know others here do too, I would recommend watching an eagle nest camera Smiley Happy I know many don't like clicking links so I'll just say do an online search for  the Minnesota DNR eagle camera!! There is a pair with 3 eggs. They have confirmed 1 egg looks like it may be close to hatching. Eagles don't give a rip about the corona virus so its nice to see something going on as planned. 

@FindingMyJoy 

Also check out the Cornell Lab bird cams (allaboutbirds.org) and go to explore.org to watch just about anything you can think of.

Want to watch fish?  Very relaxing to watch the tropical reef aquarium.  They even have a "zen" category where you can sit and watch the ocean.  The Northern Lights.  National parks.

Oh, and if your local museums have closed there are virtual tours for some of the larger museums.  No crowds!

It's also fun to go to real estate sites and look at houses to steal decorating or landscaping ideas...