Honored Contributor

ComPact 2020 – Meaningful May

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.”  "Only the store, online no more!" “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 – Meaningful May

mean·ing·ful

having meaning

having a serious, important or useful quality or purpose

communicating something that is not directly expressed

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

image.png

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs! We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing. If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem. But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

mean·ing·ful

having meaning

@just bee 

Is this a not-so-subtle reminder to be careful when expressing our rather intense opinions about current events? 🤨😄

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

mean·ing·ful

having meaning

@just bee 

Is this a not-so-subtle reminder to be careful when expressing our rather intense opinions about current events? 🤨😄

@geezerette 

image.png

A meaningful look.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

mean·ing·ful

having meaning

@just bee 

@geezerette 

image.png

A meaningful look.

@just bee 

Uh oh.

Now I want popcorn.  Buttered popcorn. 😋🍿

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

Somebody at work must be reading this thread.  Remember when I said we were screening patients, friends and relatives but not staff?

Now we're screening staff.

And, according to the governor, it looks like masks/face coverings will be mandatory starting today.

One wouldn't want to be non-compliant, would one?

Valued Contributor

In my quest to make my office more of an office and less of a junkroom, I gave myself an assignment.

I had what is best described as a plastic "crate". Inside that was a leather tote bag filled with greeeting cards, old cards that I received from 2005-2007, wrapping paper, bows, name tags, twine, tape, etc. About 80%-90% of what was in the bag is now in the garbage or recycled.

I kept tape, blank cards and a pen. S/O kept tissue paper, gold cord for wrapping and 3 angels for hanging. I will clean out and fold the tote and store it in my closet for now. I will try to repurpose the crate. If not, it will go into the trash as well, unless S/O can use it (it originally came from him).

Honored Contributor

Koala Animal 3D Print Neck Gaiter Running Face Shield Bandana

Should I order this one...

Dog Animal 3D Print Neck Gaiter Running Tubular Face Shield

or this one?

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Koala Animal 3D Print Neck Gaiter Running Face Shield Bandana

Should I order this one...

Dog Animal 3D Print Neck Gaiter Running Tubular Face Shield

or this one?

@just bee 

Depends on whether you want to look like a ferret face or not.

They're both cute, the pup gives off happy vibes because he's smiling.  The other can be mistaken for a cat, or any number of other critters so people will always be asking, "What are you supposed to be?"  Could be a pain, or it could be quite fun, depending on your mood at the time.😈

But don't you think the neck covering is going to be hot going into the warm weather?🥵