Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 – Meaningful May

@KaySD wrote:

@rnmom  It will all be fine. We learned to follow traffic laws, stop at stoplights, that kind of thing. We eventually accepted wearing seat belts. And stopped smoking in public spaces. Masks are kinda like that. Just a thing we can do to be safer in a crowded world. Not a lot to ask, and many who benefit. Just a thought.

@KaySD 

Call me crazy, but seeing another human smile at me makes me feel better and safer and healthier than wearing a mask.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@just bee  Reminds me of that old saying, "Things aren't like the good old days, and they probably never were." 

@KaySD 

I was thinking about this.  I was born at the end of the Eisenhower administration.  I was a little too young to appreciate Elvis (although I became a fan in 1972), but I was there for The Beatles and was heavily influenced by the British Invasion.

I was also there for all the strife in the 1960s and the inconvenience of the 1970s.  I remember the gas lines.  Being able to get gasoline only on certain days.

I can list everything awful that happened between 1959 and now and I feel like I'm reliving it.  Once was more than enough.

The good ol' days were better than this.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Then what are you--nuts?

Let him deal with the floor situation, especially if he has ideas/opinions about what not to buy!   When you get an opportunity to get out of any kind of work, take it!  😉

@geezerette 

Ah, if only that was in my DNA...

I guess I'll be ordering some mops.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

@Caffeina 

I did it.  I ordered a set (Coral).

I don't know how well these will work on a textured vinyl floor, but I'll give them a shot.  I can always just use them on tile.

Got plenty of tile.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee  Sure. But for me, what I miss is the sound of talking, so podcasts are perfect. Also, I like music, but I seldom play any at home. Never got the habit. Or there may be something seriously wrong with me. 

Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@just bee  Sure. But for me, what I miss is the sound of talking, so podcasts are perfect. Also, I like music, but I seldom play any at home. Never got the habit. Or there may be something seriously wrong with me. 

@KaySD 

I thought of you when I heard Billy Joel's Keeping the Faith in the car yesterday.

You know the good ol' days weren't always good

And tomorrow ain't as bad as it seems

I'm not sure I agree with that last part.

Respected Contributor

@KaySD - I cannot believe that you are actually equating following traffic laws with making an 11 year old kid wear a mask for 8 hours, breathing in his own carbon dioxide and not getting any fresh air, when he's not even sick. Isolating kids and not allowing them to play sports or interact with their friends is not the same as stopping at stoplights. Yes, it is too much to ask. You do not punish healthy people. It is not my job to "keep you safe". I'm speechless that you can even try to compare the two. 

Trusted Contributor

@rnmom Thank you for the feedback. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Of course I wouldn't keep a child in a mask for 8 hours, or hold you responsible for my safety.