Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 – Meaningful May

Terms of Endearment GIVE MY DAUGHTER THE SHOT on Make a GIF

Is anyone else starting to look like Shirley MacLaine in Terms of Endearment?

image.png

Or is it just me?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

2017 -- Joyful June

2018 -- Just June

2019 -- Junk It June

J-words for past January and July threads have included

Judicious

Jim-dandy

Jest

Just

Jaded

Jettison

To avoid a Jejune June, please submit some suggestions STAT.

@just bee 

Jumpy ?

Jubilant ?  (Assuming everyone will be opening at least a bit this next month.)

Joyless ?  (In case everyone is not opening at least a bit...)

Juggle ?

Jazzy ?

Jabberwocky ?  (Although from the sounds of it, this may apply only to you.)

Juvenile?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

2017 -- Joyful June

2018 -- Just June

2019 -- Junk It June

J-words for past January and July threads have included

Judicious

Jim-dandy

Jest

Just

Jaded

Jettison

To avoid a Jejune June, please submit some suggestions STAT.

@just bee 

Jumpy ?

Jubilant ?  (Assuming everyone will be opening at least a bit this next month.)

Joyless ?  (In case everyone is not opening at least a bit...)

Juggle ?

Jazzy ?

Jabberwocky ?  (Although from the sounds of it, this may apply only to you.)

Juvenile?

@geezerette 

Joyless was my first choice but now that you've suggested Jabberwocky, I'm all in.

You've nailed it.  As usual. Heart

Must take the dog out now...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Valued Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

This is what I deal with every time I change sheets:

ADD1443A-66EF-42F8-A88C-6568AB740964.jpeg

@geezerette Aww, this makes me miss my kitties. They were self-cleaning, self-pottying, purring little loves. My Cinnamon can't purr, but she has a tail that never stops wagging. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

This is what I deal with every time I change sheets:

ADD1443A-66EF-42F8-A88C-6568AB740964.jpeg

@geezerette 

Sometimes I really miss living with a cat.

But it passes.

@just bee 

I don't mind when I'm taking off the dirty sheets (as in this photo), but what bugs me is when he slips under the clean ones as I'm trying to put them on the bed! 

And he likes to ride on the mop while I'm trying to clean the floor.  

Depending on my mood, it can be funny.  Or not.😄😠

@geezerette, sorry but I find it hysterical.  I use to have a cat that loved sheet changing time. He use to have a ball.  Sure it took longer to make the bed, but I miss that.  

I never had one that rode the mop though. Hysterical. 

He is a beauty. 

Respected Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

A big accomplishment today! Three underbed boxes that have been under our bed for over 20 years are no longer there. It was something I had to take care of immediately. We got a new mattress set that's being delivered next week. The new mattress is so thick I ordered a low profile box spring, and also a low profile bed frame. The frame is three inches shorter than the standard height, so no more room for the boxes.

They were filled with mostly tops that no longer fit me. Many of them went into two large bags for donation. Others went into an ottoman at the foot of the bed that I also thinned out. I trashed some items that had dry rot. A few items are still in one of the boxes, but I was able to put it under the spare room bed.

I'm starting to feel more motivated to tackle more of my excess stuff without waiting for something to force me to do it. Not wanting to leave it behind for someone else is enough reason.

@Caffeina, that is a good feeing. I actually did alot myself.  It wasnt looking good there for a minute but I managed to get a few areas clean. No clutter on the floor and I have two pairs of shoes, one for donation and one for the trash. I am also about to declutter a piece of furniture. Hopefully I can give it to a relative. 

I changed out my summer shoes, however, I didnt take took much out. Now that we are not in the office, I dont need so many out.  Kinda sad but I am not complaining since the reprieve from sitting in traffic for 2 hours has been a gift.  

With all the reorganizing the last couple of days, I realized I need to start making some tougher decisions and let some things go.  I was putting off some real decluttering but think I will start again. The good thing is that since no donations centers are open, the things will hang around so I have time to retrieve if I have remorse about something. I couldnt do that in the past since I got the stuff out fast. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

Nope, you're quite right, it doesn't make any sense.

To be fair, a lot of that is because nobody knows how to do what we are doing, because nobody has ever done it before. Lots is bound to be a mess. And probably most of the rest of it is because we each have our own ideas (and priorities, and experience, and information), so it's unlikely we will all agree about anything. I know, I know, all this is obvious, and probably not helpful.

I'm trying to coach myself to just accept the awkwardness and confusion as part of the deal -- the being human deal -- and  get on with my own life. So far this week it's confusion 1,437 and me 492. 

@KaySD 

This week has been particularly challenging.  The cheese has slid off our collective cracker.

Last night I had to find a place to hide.  I grabbed my Walkman, an Amstel Light and the dog, and I sat on the patio just breathing in fresh air.

That was my escape after this ugly week.  I felt better than I'd felt in some time.

And then I woke up this morning.

@just bee, it will be ugly for a while. It's getting scary.  Virus, what virus? 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies 

I don't know how he does it, but he can sense/hear me changing the sheets even if he's on the other end of the house or out in the garage room.  He comes flying (almost literally) onto the bed with what appears to be a wicked little kitty grin.  

He does the same thing when I'm cleaning the bathroom too.  For some reason he loves to jump on the sink vanity while it's covered in cleaner!  Not good for sensitive kitties!  I have to remember to shut the bathroom door before I start cleaning.

I actually have a video of him "riding" my mop.  It was hard to take one-handed while I was trying to move the mop, but I managed to get a few seconds.

He's a nut.  The other cat is much more serious, although he commandeered the sheets right after this little rascal.  I had to trade him a fuzzy blanket to get my sheets so I could get them in the washer.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

@aprilskies 

I think about tough times in the past and how I've remained optimistic.  The we'll-get-through-this mode of thinking.

But I think I'm getting to the point where I feel we're getting too close to not being able to snap back.  Like we're one big rubber band that's been stretched too far.

And we don't snap back.  We just snap.

@just bee, and some people are now doing.  Did "they" want to get us to this point? 

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Someone please back the cool weather.  I think this Summer is going to be unbearable. 

@aprilskies 

Why should summer 2020 be any different than spring, fall and winter 2020?

@just bee, it just seems to early for humidity.  

I know I am an outlier but I enjoy the cold/cool weather. However, winter in NJ was cold but we were spared the treachous weather that I kept seeing in other states. Thank goodness. I was hoping to see a snowstorm though but not the disasterous variety.