Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 – Meaningful May

@geezerette wrote:

This is what I deal with every time I change sheets:

ADD1443A-66EF-42F8-A88C-6568AB740964.jpeg

@geezerette 

Sometimes I really miss living with a cat.

But it passes.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

Nope, you're quite right, it doesn't make any sense.

To be fair, a lot of that is because nobody knows how to do what we are doing, because nobody has ever done it before. Lots is bound to be a mess. And probably most of the rest of it is because we each have our own ideas (and priorities, and experience, and information), so it's unlikely we will all agree about anything. I know, I know, all this is obvious, and probably not helpful.

I'm trying to coach myself to just accept the awkwardness and confusion as part of the deal -- the being human deal -- and  get on with my own life. So far this week it's confusion 1,437 and me 492. 

@KaySD, I hear you.  It is really confusing on so many levels. 

All we can do is hang in there. 

@aprilskies 

I think about tough times in the past and how I've remained optimistic.  The we'll-get-through-this mode of thinking.

But I think I'm getting to the point where I feel we're getting too close to not being able to snap back.  Like we're one big rubber band that's been stretched too far.

And we don't snap back.  We just snap.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

But it passes.

@just bee 

I don't mind when I'm taking off the dirty sheets (as in this photo), but what bugs me is when he slips under the clean ones as I'm trying to put them on the bed! 

And he likes to ride on the mop while I'm trying to clean the floor.  

Depending on my mood, it can be funny.  Or not.😄😠

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I cant believe another week has gone by.  Where is time going?

@aprilskies 

I thought about this yesterday when I realized Monday is June.  Almost half the year has passed.

And I can't come up with a J-word.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

But it passes.

@just bee 

I don't mind when I'm taking off the dirty sheets (as in this photo), but what bugs me is when he slips under the clean ones as I'm trying to put them on the bed! 

And he likes to ride on the mop while I'm trying to clean the floor.  

Depending on my mood, it can be funny.  Or not.😄😠

@geezerette 

I had a couple cats -- Mabel and Alex -- who would wait for me to come home from the grocery store just so they could spend the next few hours inside the brown paper bags.

That was their thing.

Mabel also enjoyed jumping up onto my back and sitting on it while I was bent over the sink washing my face.

Like I said, that feeling passes.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Someone please back the cool weather.  I think this Summer is going to be unbearable. 

@aprilskies 

Why should summer 2020 be any different than spring, fall and winter 2020?

Honored Contributor

I started thinking that the reason the cheese has slid is that too many people are stuck at home watching TV.  And they've been seeing way too many political ads.

I can't believe how bad they are.  And I can't believe how much money is pouring into this state to affect the outcome.

My paper ballot was more like a standardized test with multiple choice questions.  If I had three choices I eliminated one right away, then had to eenie-meenie the other two.

I was enthusiastic about maybe three people on the ballot.  And two of those three have a snowball's chance on Tuesday.

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

A big accomplishment today! Three underbed boxes that have been under our bed for over 20 years are no longer there. It was something I had to take care of immediately. We got a new mattress set that's being delivered next week. The new mattress is so thick I ordered a low profile box spring, and also a low profile bed frame. The frame is three inches shorter than the standard height, so no more room for the boxes.

They were filled with mostly tops that no longer fit me. Many of them went into two large bags for donation. Others went into an ottoman at the foot of the bed that I also thinned out. I trashed some items that had dry rot. A few items are still in one of the boxes, but I was able to put it under the spare room bed.

I'm starting to feel more motivated to tackle more of my excess stuff without waiting for something to force me to do it. Not wanting to leave it behind for someone else is enough reason.

@Caffeina 

I bet the first thing that crossed your mind was

"Why was I hanging on to this for 20 years?"

When I opened boxes of clothes that I had packed up and saved, I wondered why I'd saved them.  Many of the shirts were old favorites but they were unwearable.  I'd pretty much worn them out.  I guess I didn't want to part with them but ultimately I had to.

I have a policy about under-the-bed storage.  Nothing should be under any bed.  Between skin flakes and dust mites, it's an area that should be left accessible to easy cleaning.

I hope you love the new mattress and it brings you restful sleep and good dreams. Heart

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

For example, ordering thong sandals when I know the thong  irritates my feet and or makes me trip. But you know maybe the next pair might work out. Oy

@aprilskies 

I can't tolerate anything between my toes so I haven't had anything that resembles a thong in decades.

In fact, anything that is called "thong" is not allowed in my home.  Period.

Honored Contributor

2017 -- Joyful June

2018 -- Just June

2019 -- Junk It June

J-words for past January and July threads have included

Judicious

Jim-dandy

Jest

Just

Jaded

Jettison

To avoid a Jejune June, please submit some suggestions STAT.