Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 – Meaningful May

@aprilskies - Thanks! They are going to come over for a few hours this afternoon and we will have a dinner and relax for at least a couple of hours. It's too hard not to work when you're sitting there looking at it, but if they're here, they don't have a choice for a bit 

Respected Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

I hope you're just busy and not sick...😷😳🤒🤞

@geezerette 

I'm just sick and tired.

@just bee, you and me both.  

I am beyond disgusted and just trying to keep the faith. 

@aprilskies @just bee - You and me 3! i won't even get into it any more than that right now. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

I hope you're just busy and not sick...😷😳🤒🤞

@geezerette 

I'm just sick and tired.

@just bee, you and me both.  

I am beyond disgusted and just trying to keep the faith. 

@aprilskies @just bee - You and me 3! i won't even get into it any more than that right now. 

@rnmom 

@aprilskies 

We're in the middle of this pandemic and state lockdown and my neighbor has to replace all his stolen tools and work clothes on a holiday before he goes back to work tomorrow.  Thousands of dollars in tools and supplies.

How is he supposed to do that?

I'm part of the group who votes and did everything right and then watches as the group that did everything right -- everything that they were told to do -- get scre_ed every time they turn around.

It absolutely pays to be a criminal in this state.

I guess you have to stay angry because if you don't you'll be too depressed to fight back.

I'm not feeling terribly optimistic this holiday weekend.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I'm spending the morning researching candidates because I have to go vote this week.

I've mentioned having to hold my nose while I vote which makes it difficult to fill in those little ovals on our paper ballots.

Here is where a face mask can be of use.  I can just squeeze the wire over my nose and have two hands on the ballot for a change.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Aaaaarrrggghhh!

Watched the criminals from a different camera angle and guess what?

They were wearing face masks -- and gloves.  How convenient.

#$%@&!

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Aaaaarrrggghhh!

#$%@&!

@just bee 

But were they "social distancing"?  

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Aaaaarrrggghhh!

#$%@&!

@just bee 

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Aaaaarrrggghhh!

#$%@&!

@just bee 

@geezerette LOL!

@just bee, terrible about your neighbor. The hassle and expense he now has to go through. But honestly, I am surprised I am not reading more of this type of thing happening.  No one looks out of place since we need to wear face masks. People are even wearing them in the cars even when they are alone. 

Valued Contributor

I started a new project.

The first item I pulled out of my first "who knows what" box was Suze Orman's Protection Portfolio. This was purchased in March of 2003! I doubt that I'll be using the discs to print out documents. But there are 10 folders with checklists of documents to keep at the ready. Some I would never have thought of. 

Soooo, this will be my Very Important Paper Portfolio (or as we refer to it "the green box") Smiley Happy. It will be kept in an obvious place, in case of an emergency such as fire, etc. Exit plan will probably be: rouse SO, leash Cinnamon, grab purse, grab porfolio, get the car out of the garage, call 911. 

@just bee Since you've experienced a fire, is there anything you would add to the exit plan?

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Aaaaarrrggghhh!

#$%@&!

@just bee 

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Aaaaarrrggghhh!

#$%@&!

@just bee 

@geezerette LOL!

@just bee, terrible about your neighbor. The hassle and expense he now has to go through. But honestly, I am surprised I am not reading more of this type of thing happening.  No one looks out of place since we need to wear face masks. People are even wearing them in the cars even when they are alone. 

@aprilskies 

I think that's why we still have to make an appointment to get into our bank lobbies.  A hold-up is more difficult at the drive-thru.

Respected Contributor

Today is going to be a day of organizing. I havent gotten started yet but I have hope I will. Since I will be working from home for a while, I need to get things set up for convenience and functionality. That will be no easy feat but I have to start somewhere. 

This morning I figured I would start in my walk in closet. I went, I saw, I turned around and walked out.  My mind said later. Ha. 

I didnt even venture out for a walk today. I think I will do that right after lunch. I have been walking pretty regularly but the last couple of days, I just didnt care to. My mind said go, my body wasnt having it.  Even today I am not feeling really enthusiastic, but, I will force myself.