Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 – Jacked-up July

@aprilskies wrote:

Wow, is it really a new month. I knew it, but it just hit me when I came to catch up. 

I took 3 bags of donations to the Salvation Army today. Not overly huge bags but good to get some stuff out. It dawned on me that if I really want to donate I better get to it because I just dont have faith we will not go on lockdown again. I dont want to sit with this stuff for months on end. 

I also need to get to some much needed important stuff, like banking and such, before anything further happens.  I have a lot of work ahead of me but if I dont get started nothing will get done. Too bad I dont have my own genie. 

I organized my walk in closet yesterday. By organize, I just cleared the floor and straighened up the shelves. I have to say, it really is best not to bring it in to begin with. I just dont know now what to really get rid of and none of the tricks are helping me.  As far as clothes, I pulled some for donation but not much. Until I figure out this weight thing, I dont want to get rid of much. 

I am determined to make it to the beach once this year, if not more if our "bosses" allow. I need a change of scenery. But, I am almost just curious to see how crowded it is there. I hope not overly. I dont like overly crowded beaches or anywhere else for that matter.  Well, I tried on a bathing suit yesterday and boy oh boy, talk about gaining some perspective. I wish perspective was all I gained. Woman Tongue

So I finally ordered some masks. I have some neck gators but not sure how comfortable I find them. Still trying to figure it out. But, disposables finally went down to 10 for 50 so I jumped on it.  The funny part is they came from china and I ordered them from Walmart. I guess it was just a drop ship.  Not that I thought they were made in the US. I finally gave in and ordered some because it looks like we are in this for the long haul. It has taken on a life of its own. I refuse to wear them outside though. I see people wearing them in the heat when no one is even near them and it makes me crazy. How in the world do people stand them in the heat. 

Anyway, looks like I have some catching up to do for the month of June 

I had so much to say and am drawing a blank.  

@aprilskies - My sister was dropping off a few donations to the thrift store yesterday and she was stopping by here anyway, so she offered to take mine too, which was nice. I didn't have much, a small bag with 2 pair of shoes and a kitchen sized trash bag of misc. I haven't been intentionally decluttering much at all, these were just things we stumbled on in the course of daily life.

I too, am pretty sure that our governor will lock us back down. She's already hinting at it, even though there is absolutely no reason for it, other than she's a B****. Our numbers are still way down, hospitals have virtually no cases.

I should do a few things here too, but I'm putting it off. I should try to do one thing at our bank too. Plus everyone here, including my dogs, are all over due for physicals, dental visits, eye appts, haircuts, you name it. I almost don't even know where to start. But the "rules" and restrictions here are still so ridiculous that I'm just not going to do 90% of it. If it's not absolutely necessary, I'm not doing it. 

I was going to try to start working thru my stockpile of food too, but I think I might wait on that for a bit. At least see what November brings and go from there. I imght need everything that I have and then some.Things are so up in the air right now that I'm just not sure what to do, 

As far as your clothes, can you just pull out the stuff that doesn't fit right now and store it somewhere else? That's what I did. I had stored a few smaller things in a tote in my basement and when I lost weight I pulled them out. And then I switched and put my big clothes in the tote and put them downstairs instead. That way I still have them if I need them, but they're not taking up space in my closet.

Respected Contributor

As far as HEP goes, I am happy to report that I have lost a total of 40lbs! 6 months ago I never would have imagined that I would accomplish that. So I am pretty proud of myself.

I don't really need to lose any more, if I lose 5 more it's okay, but if I don't, that's ok too. I'm pretty happy with where I'm at. Now the challenge begins, keeping it off and not gaining it back again. For me, that's almost harder than losing it to begin with.

I know that I do want to continue to try to eat healthier as a whole, and keep the junk food to a treat, not the norm. I also want to try to keep staying a bit more active, even if it's only once or twice a week it's more than I was doing before.

I feel much better than I did a year ago and I'd like to keep that feeling going. 

Respected Contributor

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm not really intentionally decluttering and/or ComPacting right now. But I'm also not really buying anything extra that I don't need either as far as beauty products go. The only "extras" that I'm really buying might be what are considered more necessities, soap, lotion, etc. 

I was going to try to start working thru my stockpile of food, but I'm not sure I'm quite ready to do that yet, I think that I need to wait a few more months and see what happens. See what happens in November, see if we get locked back down again. I might need everything that I have and then some.

I do need to make a bit of room in the freezer because we are growing a garden and I want to freeze corn and zucchini and blueberries, plus hubby hunts and I'm hoping for some good venison this fall. But I can stock up on the shelves in the basement even more if I need to. 

Respected Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

As far as HEP goes, I am happy to report that I have lost a total of 40lbs! 6 months ago I never would have imagined that I would accomplish that. So I am pretty proud of myself.

I don't really need to lose any more, if I lose 5 more it's okay, but if I don't, that's ok too. I'm pretty happy with where I'm at. Now the challenge begins, keeping it off and not gaining it back again. For me, that's almost harder than losing it to begin with.

I know that I do want to continue to try to eat healthier as a whole, and keep the junk food to a treat, not the norm. I also want to try to keep staying a bit more active, even if it's only once or twice a week it's more than I was doing before.

I feel much better than I did a year ago and I'd like to keep that feeling going. 

@rnmom, Great job. 40lbs is definitely an accompishment and something to be proud of. Yes, keeping it off is the hardest part but dont let yourself slide. It is just too hard to get back sometimes and feeling healthy is just the best and you are there. Hold on to it. 

I was going to write about HEP but I feel my story is just the same and has been for years so I thought I would spare everyone. Plus I need to stop talking about it and just do it.  But yesterday I was feeling pretty disgusted, I cleaned out at least 70% of the junk food I had sitting around. It is just too hard when there is just so much. So, I threw some out and some I took over to my mom's. With all of the family visiting, they will go through it. I still have a ton and will carve out more to take over. But I figured small doses. I dont want to inundate them either.

As far as storing the clothes that dont fit, honestly that is basically my whole closet. I only have a few things I have been wearing. My neighbors must think I dont own anything else.  I am just thankful I am working from home. I am going to order a few pairs of shorts. I was trying to hold off but it is July so I really dont have much of a choice. I have a slew of shorts collecting dust. 

What I am going to do though is store all of my work tops. At home I am pretty casual so I dont see wearing any of them any time soon. It will be interesting if we go back to work in the Fall. 

Respected Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm not really intentionally decluttering and/or ComPacting right now. But I'm also not really buying anything extra that I don't need either as far as beauty products go. The only "extras" that I'm really buying might be what are considered more necessities, soap, lotion, etc. 

I was going to try to start working thru my stockpile of food, but I'm not sure I'm quite ready to do that yet, I think that I need to wait a few more months and see what happens. See what happens in November, see if we get locked back down again. I might need everything that I have and then some.

I do need to make a bit of room in the freezer because we are growing a garden and I want to freeze corn and zucchini and blueberries, plus hubby hunts and I'm hoping for some good venison this fall. But I can stock up on the shelves in the basement even more if I need to. 

@rnmom, I would hold on to some stockpile for now, at least for the next 4-5 months.  I am doing the same.  If we go in lockdown but the markets are still open, I am fine with that. But, they seem to be itching to close everything. I need to get more of shower gel and toothpaste. I opened my last toothpaste this morning so I want to at least have another on hand. 

Even if they dont lockdown again, I just see civil unrest. People have lost their marbles. 

Last time I went to Costco they were low on water, which I couldnt believe. I dont see people hoarding it so not sure what is going on there. Maybe the deliveries are not certain. 

Anyway, I still wake up in a state of disbelief. 

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Now I know the world is coming to an end.  I just saw two bees rolling around on a stack of bricks in the yard.  It looked like they were fighting.

I broke it up.

At least I think they were fighting.

ETA:

They were fighting!  I think a colony is going to take ownership of the giant stack of bricks in the yard!  I was thinking pizza oven -- not bee hive!

@just bee 

That's quite possible.  We had some leftover bricks from building our house which have been sitting in a stack since 2005.  Thankfully they're not close to the house because they seem to attract all sorts of species.  Bees, hornets, mice, and then of course, snakes.  To name a few.  Ew.

It doesn't take long before critters take advantage of humans.  And it won't take them long to obliterate every sign of us when 'our' world does end.

@geezerette 

It had been turning into a lizard hotel.  I figured it would attract some insects and the lizards would have snacks.

Now I'm seeing that the bees are taking an interest.  I just don't want the dog to be at risk.  With the way things are going, these bees will probably be Africanized.

Bad enough we have the cicada killer wasps here.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@KaySD wrote:

@just bee  If the bees make a hive, maybe let 'em? I think they need all the help they can get.

Meanwhile, my Websters says, "Jacked, or jacked-up: (1) physically or mentally stimulated from the effects of a drug or stimulant; (2) having very well-developed muscles." So, (1) okay if you include coffee or wine; (2) uh, thanks, I think.

Also, I had a little tea party yesterday, and the Paris tea you recommended is delish! And the little teabags are almost too precious to use. One was plenty for a big pot of pretty strong tea.

@KaySD 

I had a different definition in mind.

Glad you like Paris!  H&S also offers Vieux Paris -- the original recipe.  I ordered it once and have been thinking about trying it again.  Only problem is that my order of Paris and Victorian London Fog arrived and I've got plenty of tea for now.

Don't rule out the VLF! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

So I finally ordered some masks. I have some neck gators but not sure how comfortable I find them. Still trying to figure it out. But, disposables finally went down to 10 for 50 so I jumped on it.  The funny part is they came from china and I ordered them from Walmart. I guess it was just a drop ship.  Not that I thought they were made in the US. I finally gave in and ordered some because it looks like we are in this for the long haul. It has taken on a life of its own. I refuse to wear them outside though. I see people wearing them in the heat when no one is even near them and it makes me crazy. How in the world do people stand them in the heat. 

@aprilskies 

I'm determined not to order any masks.  I did find some bandanas in one of my boxes that had never been used.  They have to be ancient.  If I absolutely have to have a face covering, I'll do the bandana/elastic hair tie thing.

I bought them years (decades?) before moving here and they're all very Southwestern.  One even has chiles on it.

Weird.

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

I too, am pretty sure that our governor will lock us back down. She's already hinting at it, even though there is absolutely no reason for it, other than she's a B****. Our numbers are still way down, hospitals have virtually no cases.

I should do a few things here too, but I'm putting it off. I should try to do one thing at our bank too. Plus everyone here, including my dogs, are all over due for physicals, dental visits, eye appts, haircuts, you name it. I almost don't even know where to start. But the "rules" and restrictions here are still so ridiculous that I'm just not going to do 90% of it. If it's not absolutely necessary, I'm not doing it. 

@rnmom 

Oh, yeah.  The overdue appointments.  What a mess.

Our governors were separated at birth.  Or hatching.

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@rnmom 

Holy cannoli! Heart

That's impressive! HeartHeart

That's a bag of kibble! HeartHeartHeart