Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 – Jabberwocky June

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

GelatoSorbet.jpg

I'm motivated enough to embark on a research project.

@just bee 

Enjoy!😋

But you can have my share of the "Cucumber and Key Lime". 🤢

@geezerette 

Actually, it's pretty good!  It really tastes like cucumber.  And there's fresh mint in there, too.  Very refreshing.

Haven't tasted one yet that hasn't been a flavor bomb.  This isn't the stuff you can polish off in one sitting.  Too rich.  A little goes a long way.

@just bee 

Uh, cucumber isn't exactly the flavor I'm craving when I think of sorbet.😝

Maybe we weren't separated at birth after all. 😁

@geezerette 

Pshaw!  Where's your spirit of adventure?

Cool as a cucumber?  Sounds like a good fit in sorbet.

A little bit of this after a spicy meal?  It works! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee 

B5A2B2BA-C4B5-41DF-B214-845A897D7C09.gif

Honored Contributor

So, after stopping by VR Bros, we went to Tully's Italian Deli to pick up hot Italian sausage and Italian bread for sausage and peppers.  Then we went to a shop in Los Ranchos de Albuquerque to buy raw milk.

Have to support these local businesses before they fold. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

B5A2B2BA-C4B5-41DF-B214-845A897D7C09.gif

@geezerette 

Heart

Honored Contributor

It was just about ten years ago that I made a promise to myself that I was going to "get in shape" by the time I hit 60.  I didn't make that goal. ☺️

So, I'm making that promise to myself once again.  This time to get in shape by the time I'm 70.  

If I actually make 70, that is. 😵

Trusted Contributor

@just bee  Well, rats. My order is arriving today. I will have to concentrate to make sure I enjoy it extra. I'm getting some shortbread biscuits too, so that may help. 

Cucumber lime sorbet sounds awesome. I've never seen it anywhere. 

See you tomorrow in J—?— July.

Respected Contributor

@just bee - you won't be able to believe the suicide rate numbers anyway. Don't you know? The only thing anyone dies of anymore is Covid. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@just bee wrote:

GelatoSorbet.jpg

This company (VR Bros.) makes gelato and sorbet locally and has a shop across town and they supply some stores and restaurants here.  The La Montañita Co-op on the Westside closed in March so we went to the one on Rio Grande Blvd.

They had a great selection and it might even have been on sale, too.  Less than Talenti, even.  So the timing was good.

Chose the four you see (that one on the upper right is Lavender and Lemon Chiffon).

All excellent.  Even BH tried them and gave them sterling reviews -- and he doesn't like sorbet or gelato at all.

The reason I was interested in trying them was that I noticed Talenti was bought out by Unilever.  I'm so tired of companies I support getting scooped up by these megacorporations.  Like L'Oreal buying Maybelline.

But when I looked at who Unilever owns, I was disheartened.  I would have to change several of the products I use.

This is exhausting.

I can't keep searching for local, small business alternatives.  Did I mention this place is also home to The Chocolate Cartel?  They produce all types of dark chocolate and truffles.  And they deliver.

But I have to do my part to keep local businesses in business, so I may be forced to check out their shop.

image.png

Someone has to do it.

@just bee wrote:

@just bee wrote:

GelatoSorbet.jpg

This company (VR Bros.) makes gelato and sorbet locally and has a shop across town and they supply some stores and restaurants here.  The La Montañita Co-op on the Westside closed in March so we went to the one on Rio Grande Blvd.

They had a great selection and it might even have been on sale, too.  Less than Talenti, even.  So the timing was good.

Chose the four you see (that one on the upper right is Lavender and Lemon Chiffon).

All excellent.  Even BH tried them and gave them sterling reviews -- and he doesn't like sorbet or gelato at all.

The reason I was interested in trying them was that I noticed Talenti was bought out by Unilever.  I'm so tired of companies I support getting scooped up by these megacorporations.  Like L'Oreal buying Maybelline.

But when I looked at who Unilever owns, I was disheartened.  I would have to change several of the products I use.

This is exhausting.

I can't keep searching for local, small business alternatives.  Did I mention this place is also home to The Chocolate Cartel?  They produce all types of dark chocolate and truffles.  And they deliver.

But I have to do my part to keep local businesses in business, so I may be forced to check out their shop.

image.png

Someone has to do it.

@just bee - those chocolates look amazing!