Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 – Jabberwocky June

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

From the Urban Dictionary...

jabberwocky:

Total nonsense. A fit of rambling which resembles a civilized language but in fact is meant only to obfuscate meaning or confuse the victim, or "listener." Directly taken from Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll.

The Jabberwock:

image.png

@just bee 

Exactly what I've felt for the last several years, not just June.

No further comments.  

@geezerette 

Oh, I have plenty -- but I'll be banned.

@just bee 

Or worse.

Honored Contributor

It's official: 2020 is worse than 2019.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

November should be interesting.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

I should be getting a preview today.  It's New Mexico's primary and I don't expect the candidates I voted for to win. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Hello to all,
My mother was sprung from the hospital Sunday. She is home and walking good. My sister and I hired full time care for her. Big relief! No more nights for us.

Jabberwocky ha? Talking about me behind my back!
LOL... That's ok, I don't blame you! This Jabberwocky
Had her hair cut today 😜 I went and got a classic bob
Cut. She did a great job. My hair looked like a mop after three months!!! Ancient history now. I feel a lot better now.

Dogs got their first bath and grooming yesterday. Lordy our dogs winter coats must have filled a whole
Lawn and leaf bag... They look so good before they roll in the dirt. 😭

What's going on here? I feel like I have missed a lot!
Hope everybody is doing 👌

Brisk out for now but want to hang with you all more this month. Ok, take care everybody.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brisky wrote:
Hello to all,
My mother was sprung from the hospital Sunday. She is home and walking good. My sister and I hired full time care for her. Big relief! No more nights for us.

Cut. She did a great job. My hair looked like a mop after three months!!! Ancient history now. I feel a lot better now.

Dogs got their first bath and grooming yesterday. Lordy our dogs winter coats must have filled a whole

Brisk out for now but want to hang with you all more this month. Ok, take care everybody.....

@Brisky 

Whew!  Good to hear that Mom's home and you all have help.  It sounds like you look and feel better than the rest of us.

Come to think of it, it sounds like your dogs look and feel better than the rest of us.

You -- and the dogs -- deserve some pampering!  And definitely come by more often... Heart

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Hello to all,

@Brisky 

Good to hear that Mom is home and you have some help!👏  She must be a tough lady--she recovered (enough) from her fall to get back home very quickly.  You and your sister can get some much needed breaks now.

And it sounds like your life in general is getting back to normal.  That will help too.

Glad to hear from you.  I've been wondering how you and Mom were doing. 

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

I should be getting a preview today.  It's New Mexico's primary and I don't expect the candidates I voted for to win. Woman Sad

@just bee 

Do you have open primaries?

Trusted Contributor

Well, I gotta say, I feel a different feeling afoot in the world starting sometime yesterday. Perhaps it's the protests (not the looting etc but the big actual protests). The bubbling up and release of pain and hurt and anger and sorrow. Talk about a grand decluttering!!!!!!!

It's not I don't get how hard and worrying things are for every single one of us. But just for this moment, I'm celebrating the many glimpses of people from all over, showing their good hearts, buoyant spirits, and the energy to demand we be better. So hard, yet so cleansing.

For the first time in years, I'm feeling encouraged about the future. I, too, want to be better. I want to see more clearly, be more open, welcome more learning and change, jettison every thing, every belief, every idea, every memory that weighs me down.

Hope y'all don't mind me blurting all this. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

From the Urban Dictionary...

jabberwocky:

Total nonsense. A fit of rambling which resembles a civilized language but in fact is meant only to obfuscate meaning or confuse the victim, or "listener." Directly taken from Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll.

The Jabberwock:

image.png

@just bee - Wow, if that's not fitting for June, I sure don't know what is Thanks @geezerette !