Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 – Autonomous August

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Uh-oh.  It looks like the Superintendent of Socorro Consolidated Schools may be out of a job.

He had the audacity to exercise his First Amendment rights and post an opinion on Facebook.

Let's divide into two camps:

Camp 1: Stay home and avoid travel. Keep your kids home from school. Wear fashionable cloth masks. Refuse hydroxychloroquine if you get sick. Take the rushed coronavirus vaccine.

Camp 2: Go out and enjoy life. Send your kids to school. Respect personal space and practice good hygiene. Take hydroxychloroquine if you get the virus and become symptomatic. Refuse the rushed coronavirus vaccine.

He is in Camp 2.  And he supports an immediate start to in-person learning.

Oh, boy.  Here come the death threats!

@just bee 

We're still going for an in-person start.  Then we'll see what happens.  The various school districts have a fairly wide leeway to make their own decisions, though.  But the gov, health officials, and school brass want to at least try in-person.

A niece (up in @rnmom's neck of the woods) has a high school senior.  Their district is offering either all online or traditional, which would mean whatever the district decided was appropriate at the moment.  He opted for all online, which his mother isn't keen on.  She's hoping that he can go back for in-person second semester and have a 'normal' graduation.  Heaven knows what his college experience will be like.

Oh, and while I'm talking about my relatives, an update on the nephew with the virus.  Got an email from him yesterday and he said that was the first day he felt like he had turned the corner.  He said it was rather nasty--kind of like a really bad flu.  Hopefully he'll continue with recovery and that will be the end of it.

@geezerette 

A good update.  (Whew.)

I was exposed to it this week because the patient's parent didn't share that the kid had two positive tests -- and had a third after she was tested by us.

But that's as much as I can say about that.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I like this and brought it over from the "Too Much Stuff" thread in Among Friends...

2232FF01-4859-4522-9647-4996DDA711C8.jpeg

@geezerette 

This is absolutely factual.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

That is my method! I say junk it all if you haven't used in within two years!! You only keep what you LOVE. Curve the buying process... Save money. We can do anything with money but nothing with stuff.

Well I am glad everybody seems to be well. I'm glad to see your nephew pulled though geezerette!

Just bee is this the best time to give up your beer? Hmm..... real courage!!!

Nothing new here... I haven't found my dream cave yet.
I can't go naked and afraid. No courage here.
Anyway, hope all is well with everybody. Take care 🙂
Brisk out for tonight.....

Respected Contributor

@rnmom, 45 lbs is quite impressive. That is a huge accomplishment. I agree with @geezerette @just bee, it’s not only the weight loss that is commendable but the willpower to stick it out, and in these times. Great job.  You have come too far to backslide. Keep up the great work. Feeling better is worth more than any temporary enjoyment. Can you treat yourself to some new clothes from a store that is in the area if you order online so you can return if you need to? It is a pain these days for sure but the mental shift is worth the effort.  Some new clothes might give you some happiness as we deal with the craziness these days. I know some stores are not taking anything back but some are.  Who would of thought that everyday things would become so hard. 

@Oshare-girl, sounds like you are doing well with HEP as well.  Fitting back into clothes is a great feeling. Keep us posted on your progress.  While I cant seem to get there, I love reading the updates from you all.  

@just bee, no more Amstel light??  

@geezerette, great news with your nephew. So glad to hear he is starting to feel better. 

@Brisky@geezerette@just bee, get rid of it get rid of it instead of store it. There is truth in that statement. I have been decluttering but not in any kind of substantial way. A lot of this and that. A dress, shoes, books, cookbooks, gadgets, makeup, skincare etc etc.  I have a bag and a little box filled. But every little bit helps.  

@Brisky, continued prayers for your mom. She is lucky to have you and your sister. 

Summer is over half over. I cant believe it. I wanted to make it to the beach at least once this year and I dont think it will happen.  I hear they are really crowded  and I cant handle wall to wall people.  Plus, I think I am the only one willing. No one else I know cares to go. Understandable. 

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
That is my method! I say junk it all if you haven't used in within two years!! You only keep what you LOVE. Curve the buying process... Save money. We can do anything with money but nothing with stuff.

Well I am glad everybody seems to be well. I'm glad to see your nephew pulled though geezerette!

Just bee is this the best time to give up your beer? Hmm..... real courage!!!

Nothing new here... I haven't found my dream cave yet.
I can't go naked and afraid. No courage here.
Anyway, hope all is well with everybody. Take care 🙂
Brisk out for tonight.....

@Brisky 

That kinda makes sense.  Especially when we hold on to stuff, thinking we can sell it one day.  Nobody wants it.  And if they do want it, they don't want to pay for it.

And this was probably not the best time to give up beer.  But that's money that's not being spent on it.

We're planning a major landscaping project.  Can't sell the house without investing in a yard makeover.  It won't be cheap.

When we bought the house 25 years ago we were quoted $50K.

If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't have bought this house.  Yard's too big.

But who knows?  If we're never allowed out of our homes again, someone might appreciate a large yard.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@rnmom, 45 lbs is quite impressive. That is a huge accomplishment. I agree with @geezerette @just bee, it’s not only the weight loss that is commendable but the willpower to stick it out, and in these times. Great job.  You have come too far to backslide. Keep up the great work. Feeling better is worth more than any temporary enjoyment. Can you treat yourself to some new clothes from a store that is in the area if you order online so you can return if you need to? It is a pain these days for sure but the mental shift is worth the effort.  Some new clothes might give you some happiness as we deal with the craziness these days. I know some stores are not taking anything back but some are.  Who would of thought that everyday things would become so hard. 

@Oshare-girl, sounds like you are doing well with HEP as well.  Fitting back into clothes is a great feeling. Keep us posted on your progress.  While I cant seem to get there, I love reading the updates from you all.  

@geezerette, great news with your nephew. So glad to hear he is starting to feel better. 

@Brisky@geezerette@just bee, get rid of it get rid of it instead of store it. There is truth in that statement. I have been decluttering but not in any kind of substantial way. A lot of this and that. A dress, shoes, books, cookbooks, gadgets, makeup, skincare etc etc.  I have a bag and a little box filled. But every little bit helps.  

@Brisky, continued prayers for your mom. She is lucky to have you and your sister. 

Summer is over half over. I cant believe it. I wanted to make it to the beach at least once this year and I dont think it will happen.  I hear they are really crowded  and I cant handle wall to wall people.  Plus, I think I am the only one willing. No one else I know cares to go. Understandable. 

@aprilskies 

Another summer is coming to an end and it's another summer I didn't wear sandals.  And every summer I tell myself that I need to eat more watermelon.  There's been a melon on our kitchen counter for several weeks and it should have been tossed a week ago.  Haven't had any melon, haven't worn sandals.

Just trying to get through the year.

Honored Contributor

There's a thread on Among Friends about a sale at Uno Alla Volta.  I looked at their site and it's full of items I would have wanted at one time.

But there really has been a shift.  I looked at the items and enjoyed looking at them, but I had no desire to own any of them.

I feel like my brain was rewired or something.  I just have this sudden resistance to spend money or acquire new things.  Even the things I need.

I wish I'd had this brain 40 years ago.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Uh-oh.  It looks like the Superintendent of Socorro Consolidated Schools may be out of a job.

He had the audacity to exercise his First Amendment rights and post an opinion on Facebook.

Let's divide into two camps:

Camp 1: Stay home and avoid travel. Keep your kids home from school. Wear fashionable cloth masks. Refuse hydroxychloroquine if you get sick. Take the rushed coronavirus vaccine.

Camp 2: Go out and enjoy life. Send your kids to school. Respect personal space and practice good hygiene. Take hydroxychloroquine if you get the virus and become symptomatic. Refuse the rushed coronavirus vaccine.

He is in Camp 2.  And he supports an immediate start to in-person learning.

Oh, boy.  Here come the death threats!

@just bee 

We're still going for an in-person start.  Then we'll see what happens.  The various school districts have a fairly wide leeway to make their own decisions, though.  But the gov, health officials, and school brass want to at least try in-person.

A niece (up in @rnmom's neck of the woods) has a high school senior.  Their district is offering either all online or traditional, which would mean whatever the district decided was appropriate at the moment.  He opted for all online, which his mother isn't keen on.  She's hoping that he can go back for in-person second semester and have a 'normal' graduation.  Heaven knows what his college experience will be like.

Oh, and while I'm talking about my relatives, an update on the nephew with the virus.  Got an email from him yesterday and he said that was the first day he felt like he had turned the corner.  He said it was rather nasty--kind of like a really bad flu.  Hopefully he'll continue with recovery and that will be the end of it.

@geezerette 

A good update.  (Whew.)

I was exposed to it this week because the patient's parent didn't share that the kid had two positive tests -- and had a third after she was tested by us.

But that's as much as I can say about that.

@just bee 

So, if you're exposed at work you don't have to quarantine but if you're exposed on your free time out in the general public you're stuck in the house for two weeks? 🤨

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

There's a thread on Among Friends about a sale at Uno Alla Volta.  I looked at their site and it's full of items I would have wanted at one time.

But there really has been a shift.  I looked at the items and enjoyed looking at them, but I had no desire to own any of them.

I feel like my brain was rewired or something.  I just have this sudden resistance to spend money or acquire new things.  Even the things I need.

I wish I'd had this brain 40 years ago.

@just bee 

Ah, a case of the "If Onlys".  Or, as I call it: "Coulda, shoulda, woulda."

But you weren't the same person 40 years ago as you are today.  At least, I wasn't.  You didn't know what was coming.  After all, your future is now your past.  And hindsight is always 20/20.  If you knew right now what your future holds you would more than likely make different decisions than you're going to.

And who knows how you'll feel about things in another 40 years?😉😵

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies 

I can't either, but I'm glad.  It's been a nasty summer in so many ways.  I'm so sick (literally) of the heat and humidity and endless weather fronts.  What happened to a nice long stretch of dry and, if necessary, hot summer days?  

Sorry you haven't made it to the beach.  Although I don't imagine it would be much fun going by yourself.  You still have a couple of months left, so maybe you'll find someone to go with before summer is over for good.🤞🌞