Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 – Autonomous August

Ladies I have got to get to my moms house.
Take care, stay cool everybody, it's 103 Temps where I am at...
Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

Well I haven't really been compacting this past week, at least with regards to body products. I bought that box of goat milk products at the auction last week and today I just placed an order from BBW and picked up a few remnants left over from their semi annual sale. I had a gift card so it didn't cost me anything, and I just felt like buying something I guess. I haven't really bought anything fun in literally months, only groceries, groceries and more groceries.

I thought I would be happy with fragrance free lotion and just body sprays to fragance myself with but nope, I find that I'm missing the scented body lotions. So I bought some. Actually I think I bought 8. And 3 more spray fragrances. Oops. Oh well. I really feel like I need SOMETHING to enjoy right now. 

Still continuing with Hep and I actually lost another 5lbs last month, so I'm at a total of 45lbs lost. My clothes are getting really baggy but I won't order anything unless I can try it on, and I won't spend an hour or two in the thrift store with a mask on trying on clothes. Actually, I don't know if they'll even allow it, I know Walmart had their fitting rooms closed. So I just put a belt on and wear really baggy clothes. 

I'm fine with where my weight is now, and don't feel the need to lose any more. I didn't actually think I'd get here, but I'm thrilled that I did. But I am still continuing to try to eat healthier. We went to a small get together yesterday and rather than eating a hamburger and chips I ate cut up fruit, chicken breast and some macaroni salad. No cake, doritoes, chips. I still do have that stuff as a treat once in a while, but I definitely am trying to eat healthier most of the time.

I haven't been exercising a ton, working out on the elliptical maybe once a week, but I try to walk several times a day at work on break. And I ordered some vitamins too from iherb to try to keep my immune system strong. I had a physical this past week, it had been over 2 1/2 years and doctor said everything looked good. Of course she ordered lab work and a mammogram, which I may or may not do. But I'm feeling pretty good about my health overall. 

@rnmom 

Holy cannoli -- 45 pounds???  That's amazing!  And it sounds like you're doing it right.  No fad diets or crazy exercise equipment.  Just by making smarter food choices and moving a little more.  That's what will keep the weight from coming back.

Sounds like you took control of the situation and made a few changes that have really made a difference that you can see and feel.

Positive changes in behavior, smarter choices.  And it didn't take that long to lose the weight, did it?

Well, how cool is that? Heart

@just bee -yep, 45lbs. It's taken me not quite 7 months, I started at the first of the year. It is pretty cool, huh? I'm pretty proud of myself and definitely feel better and I'm so glad that I got off my behind and actually got it done. Now to keep it off, that is the  REAL challenge.

@rnmom 

It sure is.  But congratulations!🎉  That's an extraordinary accomplishment!👏

So all this craziness the last several months has been good for something.👍  I just hope we don't need it to continue for you to be able to keep it all off.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@just bee 

I'm not hip enough understand a word of this but I DO understand your sig line and whole-heartedly AGREE!!! Smiley Happy

Oh, the temptation!😈  But I'm sitting on my hands...🤐🙃

@monicakm 

Welcome!👋  Don't be a stranger! 🙂

Honored Contributor

I learned I have a nephew that has the virus.  As of Saturday, he just had what sounded like a bad flu, with no lung/breathing issues--yet.  I hope it stays that way.🤞

He said that a couple of days before he had developed the typical symptoms he felt like he might be getting a head cold, no fever.  

So...😷

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Brisky wrote:
@just bee, that is sick! Your tax dollars are paying for those tents! I hear they provide outhouses too. I can't go further or I will be banned....

@Brisky 

@geezerette 

@rnmom 

Are you sitting down?

Here's the latest from our fair city:

City Launches Protest Coordination Service

Keeping 1st Amendment Activities Safe in Albuquerque

July 31, 2020

City of Albuquerque today announced a new effort to help with coordination of safe and peaceful protests in Albuquerque. The City’s Office of Equity and Inclusion rolled out a new webpage and hotline to promote a dialogue with community members to help protect their rights and safety as they practice their First Amendment Rights.

“We are committed to protecting the civil rights of all of our residents, including the First Amendment right to protest,” said Mayor Tim Keller. “That’s why we are finding new ways to connect with organizers about critical information to help keep them safe as they plan their First Amendment activities.”

Residents who wish to hold a protest or demonstration for any cause can call the hotline at 505-269-5927. From there they can get information on protesting and limitations on different city properties, or be connected to resources for coordinating traffic control or street closures. The new webpage currently includes information about permitting, COVID-19 safe practices, and gun laws and enforcement.

Did you hear that loud popping noise?  That was my head exploding.  Can't go out to eat at a restaurant.  Can't have a wedding.  Can't go to church.  Can't go to school.  God forbid a loved one dies -- can't go to a funeral.

NO MASS GATHERINGS!!!

Unless, of course, it's a protest.

Is this not a violation of the governor's public health order that the rest of us have to adhere to?

Not only will the city assist you with your protest but it will close all roads and businesses in the area of your protest.

There's that popping sound again...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I learned I have a nephew that has the virus.  As of Saturday, he just had what sounded like a bad flu, with no lung/breathing issues--yet.  I hope it stays that way.🤞

He said that a couple of days before he had developed the typical symptoms he felt like he might be getting a head cold, no fever.  

So...😷

@geezerette 

Here's to a speedy recovery.  Does he have family living with him or can he quarantine without worrying about those around him?

Keep us posted. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee 

Well, you've hit a new low.  You're now living in a place that makes California look conservative.

I'll be praying for you.  Oh wait.  I heard they're closing the churches now too.

You might consider getting out of there while they'll still let you leave.

It's insane.

Honored Contributor

Clearly, I picked a bad week to give up beer.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Well, you've hit a new low.  You're now living in a place that makes California look conservative.

I'll be praying for you.  Oh wait.  I heard they're closing the churches now too.

You might consider getting out of there while they'll still let you leave.

It's insane.

@geezerette 

It's worse than insane.  It's diabolical.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

So...😷

@geezerette 

Here's to a speedy recovery.  Does he have family living with him or can he quarantine without worrying about those around him?

Keep us posted. Heart

@just bee 

He lives and works in Texas and his wife (my sister's daughter) and the rest of their family live up north.  (Don't ask--it's complicated and I never did understand it.)  So he's basically taking care of himself.  Although I understand his friends and employees are helping out with his dogs.  Which is important.

I guess they'll check on him too. 😊