Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2020 – Autonomous August

Is it really September already, how crazy is that.  But the crazy part is I really was confused what month it was.   I have been so off kilter these days it is kinda funny. I thought September had 30 days but every time I looked at my calendar I was seeing 31. It bothered for me days and embarrassly enough, yesterday I actually gave it some thought and finally resigned to it having 31 days even though it didnt feel right. Up until this morning when I was putting an date on a report and realized we are still in August. OMG!!!!!!!!!  I am simply too young,  Working from home is making me a bit dull and loopy.  I always thought I would love it and I am not loving it as much as I thought. But when we finally get called back in, I know how I will handle the traffic. Oy vey.  

On a decluttering note, all my items are still sitting in my dining room waiting to be taken out. Yesterday, I needed a long cardigan and I pulled one out of the pile. so, maybe I wont give away all of my long cardigans.Woman Sad  That is why it is good to get things out right away. No pulling things back out.  But if I am honest I do have other things that would of worked as well but I wanted a long one. Sometimes it is just the colors you reach for and not the article of clothing. 

Do I even dare say I am back on the HEP train. I told myself I wasnt going to mention it again until I actually lost 10 lbs, at least that would show real progress but I cant resist.I just finished my first week and I am down 3-4 lbs but I do realize that is just a margin of error.  However, I feel better and not as heavy all of the time so it is giving me incentive to keep plugging a long. One to Two weeks is usually the tipping point for me, so keeping fingers crossed.I havent given anything up, just cut back drastically with everything. I have given or tossed out so much stuff that kept me nibbling but I still have a lot. But, I managed to fight off just wanting to eat out of habit. I am only doing light walking for now, not even anything of note.  This is going to take a lot of work. Putting it on is so much more fun. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@rnmom, you BBW purchases sound like fun and you are really enjoying them.  Those are the “good” purchases.  And it doesnt matter how much you have as long as you are enjoying what you have. That is the whole purpose of treating ourselves. It is not just about finishing something necessarily.  Enjoy. 

@just bee, I hope you feel better and it is nothing serious. Take that temp and make yourself some tea. 

@geezerette, ugh, unexpected bills are just not fun.  Don’t these people realize we have more fun things to spend out money on.  

As far as the current situation we find ourselves in, I cant even get started.  Just recently I had to go to the hospital for a family member and all I can say is - it doesnt make any sense.  Doesn’t anythng make any sense anymore?? The whole experience was and is weird.  Maybe it is good I dont have time to get into it. Woman LOL  I know we all feel differently about what this virus is or isnt but so far, I see a bunch of smoke screens. What is really going on?  I dont doubt there is a virus, but if it was as deadly as they keep making it, we would all be dead or half dead. Absolutely criminal the fear they keep instilling. and the funny part is that you may not have COVID going into a hospital but you may very well have it coming out.  Going into the second to last month is scary. I am more scared of that than anythng 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Is it really September already, how crazy is that.  But the crazy part is I really was confused what month it was.   I have been so off kilter these days it is kinda funny. I thought September had 30 days but every time I looked at my calendar I was seeing 31. It bothered for me days and embarrassly enough, yesterday I actually gave it some thought and finally resigned to it having 31 days even though it didnt feel right. Up until this morning when I was putting an date on a report and realized we are still in August. OMG!!!!!!!!!  I am simply too young,  Working from home is making me a bit dull and loopy.  I always thought I would love it and I am not loving it as much as I thought. But when we finally get called back in, I know how I will handle the traffic. Oy vey.  

On a decluttering note, all my items are still sitting in my dining room waiting to be taken out. Yesterday, I needed a long cardigan and I pulled one out of the pile. so, maybe I wont give away all of my long cardigans.Woman Sad  That is why it is good to get things out right away. No pulling things back out.  But if I am honest I do have other things that would of worked as well but I wanted a long one. Sometimes it is just the colors you reach for and not the article of clothing. 

Do I even dare say I am back on the HEP train. I told myself I wasnt going to mention it again until I actually lost 10 lbs, at least that would show real progress but I cant resist.I just finished my first week and I am down 3-4 lbs but I do realize that is just a margin of error.  However, I feel better and not as heavy all of the time so it is giving me incentive to keep plugging a long. One to Two weeks is usually the tipping point for me, so keeping fingers crossed.I havent given anything up, just cut back drastically with everything. I have given or tossed out so much stuff that kept me nibbling but I still have a lot. But, I managed to fight off just wanting to eat out of habit. I am only doing light walking for now, not even anything of note.  This is going to take a lot of work. Putting it on is so much more fun. Woman LOL

@aprilskies 

Giving up beer didn't make a significant difference.  I think the reason I lost so much weight after the fire is that I was way more active.  I was at the house every day sorting through items and constantly moving.  I was taking the dog out in the morning and at night.  Definitely moving more.  More active.  More exercise.

I was going to continue the morning walks when we got back into the house but that sort of fell apart.

It's not what I'm eating or not eating.  It's that I'm not moving as much.

Duh.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@rnmom, you BBW purchases sound like fun and you are really enjoying them.  Those are the “good” purchases.  And it doesnt matter how much you have as long as you are enjoying what you have. That is the whole purpose of treating ourselves. It is not just about finishing something necessarily.  Enjoy. 

@just bee, I hope you feel better and it is nothing serious. Take that temp and make yourself some tea. 

@geezerette, ugh, unexpected bills are just not fun.  Don’t these people realize we have more fun things to spend out money on.  

As far as the current situation we find ourselves in, I cant even get started.  Just recently I had to go to the hospital for a family member and all I can say is - it doesnt make any sense.  Doesn’t anythng make any sense anymore?? The whole experience was and is weird.  Maybe it is good I dont have time to get into it. Woman LOL  I know we all feel differently about what this virus is or isnt but so far, I see a bunch of smoke screens. What is really going on?  I dont doubt there is a virus, but if it was as deadly as they keep making it, we would all be dead or half dead. Absolutely criminal the fear they keep instilling. and the funny part is that you may not have COVID going into a hospital but you may very well have it coming out.  Going into the second to last month is scary. I am more scared of that than anythng 

@aprilskies 

Don't get me started.

HIPAA prevents me from saying 99% of the things I want to say.

I'm just hoping that when the dust settles -- if the dust ever settles -- that some of what has been happening is openly discussed and it doesn't happen again.

We talk about bias in the media but someone has to start talking about the bias in healthcare.  We have a problem here.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@aprilskies 

Don't get me started.

HIPAA prevents me from saying 99% of the things I want to say.

I'm just hoping that when the dust settles -- if the dust ever settles -- that some of what has been happening is openly discussed and it doesn't happen again.

We talk about bias in the media but someone has to start talking about the bias in healthcare.  We have a problem here.

@just bee, I really wish you could say more.  I would love to hear from some one with common sense how it really is. Although, I am sure I have an inkling.  Just crazy that healthcare is something we all need to worry about and have the least trust in. Especially as things progress