Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Simple September

@just bee wrote:

Still debating the switch to CeraVe.  If I'm looking to SIMPLIFY, CeraVe is a good choice.  The packaging is much more SIMPLE than the Paula's Choice packaging.  I like the pump.  I like that I can buy it just about anywhere.

I think I've decided to go ahead and switch when I run of of my PC facial cleanser.  Because you know what?  If I discover it doesn't work as well I can always switch back.

SIMPLE! Woman LOL

@just bee 

Me too.  I like it for the same reasons you do.

But—it flat out is more drying than what I’ve been using.  Now, to be fair, I’ve been having skin “issues” (another word/phrase I hate) lately.  I know part of the problem is the bad food choices I’ve been making for so long.  That takes a while to show up in/on the body, and it also takes a good while to get rid of once I’m eating healthy again.  I’m also pretty sure another reason is switching products so much.  I’ve simplified everything in the last week or so and it’s helping.  So, I need to get my skin back in order before I decide to keep or chuck the CeraVe.

I went back to my WEN creamy cleanser and overnight my skin improved. (A definite minus for the CeraVe.)  Also, I’ve been using Josie Maran moisturizer(s), so I tried her cleanser too.  Normally I don’t see any difference using the same brand cleanser as other products, but in this case, it does make a difference.  Using JM cleanser, then JM moisturizer afterward, the moisturizer goes on much smoother and looks and feels better.  But the cleanser is expensive (as are the other JM products), so I need to see if it makes enough difference to continue using.

So, the CeraVe will sit on the shelf until I feel confident enough that I can give it another fair trial.  It can always go in the hand soap line with all the other failed cleansers.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Brisky wrote:
Simple is what I love best. I use Paula's Choice cleansers too. I also use hydrating CeraVe too. Sometimes when skin feels dry I still always have ponds cold cream. I don't think I have got over it after all these years. Its good for makeup remover and then I double cleanse. 
Love to get rid of a round table in bonus room . Thing is when my son comes home for holidays it's a game table for them.😔
rnmom, You have four pups and children too? WOW, you must have a lot on your plate!!
I am hoping we all have a simple September..
Hoping and praying for Simple. We will see if it lasts..
Hope all is well where your at. Take care, Brisk out...

@Brisky 

Me, too! Woman LOL

And I hope we can all find something fun in these waning days of summer.

@Brisky 

@just bee 

Me three! 🙂

Although September is beginning anything but simple for me.  Maybe next week...🤞

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

How's the "furniture challenge" coming?

@just bee 

Coming along.  I have yet to sit down and write it out so I can keep track and not count the same item(s) twice! 😄

@geezerette 

I wonder if the exercise would be easier if one were to choose one or two items per room.  Hmmmm.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Still debating the switch to CeraVe.  If I'm looking to SIMPLIFY, CeraVe is a good choice.  The packaging is much more SIMPLE than the Paula's Choice packaging.  I like the pump.  I like that I can buy it just about anywhere.

I think I've decided to go ahead and switch when I run of of my PC facial cleanser.  Because you know what?  If I discover it doesn't work as well I can always switch back.

SIMPLE! Woman LOL

@just bee 

But—it flat out is more drying than what I’ve been using.  Now, to be fair, I’ve been having skin “issues” (another word/phrase I hate) lately.  I know part of the problem is the bad food choices I’ve been making for so long.  That takes a while to show up in/on the body, and it also takes a good while to get rid of once I’m eating healthy again.  I’m also pretty sure another reason is switching products so much.  I’ve simplified everything in the last week or so and it’s helping.  So, I need to get my skin back in order before I decide to keep or chuck the CeraVe.

I went back to my WEN creamy cleanser and overnight my skin improved. (A definite minus for the CeraVe.)  Also, I’ve been using Josie Maran moisturizer(s), so I tried her cleanser too.  Normally I don’t see any difference using the same brand cleanser as other products, but in this case, it does make a difference.  Using JM cleanser, then JM moisturizer afterward, the moisturizer goes on much smoother and looks and feels better.  But the cleanser is expensive (as are the other JM products), so I need to see if it makes enough difference to continue using.

So, the CeraVe will sit on the shelf until I feel confident enough that I can give it another fair trial.  It can always go in the hand soap line with all the other failed cleansers.

@geezerette 

Yeah, everything's peachy right now but when winter comes I'm sure my plan will fall completely apart.  I don't want to pile on more moisturizing products to compensate.

Maybe I'll just be one of those people who has "seasonal" facial cleansers.

BH is talking about a water softener for the house.  I wonder if it would be worth it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

SIMPLE! Woman LOL

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Yeah, everything's peachy right now but when winter comes I'm sure my plan will fall completely apart.  I don't want to pile on more moisturizing products to compensate.

BH is talking about a water softener for the house.  I wonder if it would be worth it.

@just bee 

Just don’t use it for watering plants.  Softened water was almost a necessity when we got CAP water in the desert since it was so hard.  Don't have one here, although we do have a whole house filter that probably hasn't worked for the last couple of years because the filter has needed changing for that long.

If definitely will make a difference in how your skin feels.  Also your hair will be much softer.  Less shampoo and soap of all kinds is needed.  In fact, if you use a dishwasher or even just your clothes washer, you’ll need to use a lot less soap—too much will cause problems with the machines.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

How's the "furniture challenge" coming?

@just bee 

Coming along.  I have yet to sit down and write it out so I can keep track and not count the same item(s) twice! 😄

@geezerette 

I wonder if the exercise would be easier if one were to choose one or two items per room.  Hmmmm.

@just bee 

Yes, that would be easier, but I’d be more apt to include more things that way.  Pehaps start with each room, then pare down from there to a dozen items total.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

SIMPLE! Woman LOL

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

Just don’t use it for watering plants.  Softened water was almost a necessity when we got CAP water in the desert since it was so hard.  Don't have one here, although we do have a whole house filter that probably hasn't worked for the last couple of years because the filter has needed changing for that long.

If definitely will make a difference in how your skin feels.  Also your hair will be much softer.  Less shampoo and soap of all kinds is needed.  In fact, if you use a dishwasher or even just your clothes washer, you’ll need to use a lot less soap—too much will cause problems with the machines.

@geezerette 

Two months in a hotel spoiled me.  Softer clothes out of the dryer, better skin and hair with basic products.  I'm used to gravel coming out of the tap and destroying everything it touches.

Stains the brick, ruins appliances.

Why do I live here again?

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

SIMPLE! Woman LOL

@just bee 

@geezerette 

@just bee 

@geezerette 

Two months in a hotel spoiled me.  Softer clothes out of the dryer, better skin and hair with basic products.  I'm used to gravel coming out of the tap and destroying everything it touches.

Stains the brick, ruins appliances.

Why do I live here again?

@just bee 

One word:  humidity.   Or, lack thereof.

Okay, three words.  🤗

Honored Contributor

Got my oven(s) installed this morning.  Went without a hitch.  Now I have to read up on how to use the darn things!  They’re completely different from my old one.  Have to “dial in” the time, etc. instead of just pushing a button or two.  There might be a way to do things quicker that I haven’t read about yet though.

One thing I definitely do not like is that both the microwave and conventional oven doors have a border of glass that extends out farther than the thick part of the doors, if that makes any sense.  There’s just glass sticking out around the perimeter of the doors about an inch wide.  As clumsy as I am, that one inch of unprotected glass is a huge chip or crack just waiting to happen.  I’m sure the design was intentional so that you’d need to replace the oven sooner than expected.

Have any of you noticed that so many things, like appliances for instance, now seem to be designed and built for people that don’t actually need to use them?  Like washing machines.  It seems like nowadays the only things the new machines will clean effectively are office clothes or delicates.  Throw rugs, blankets or filthy work clothes get unbalanced and don’t get clean.  These oven doors are an accident waiting to happen.  A slipped heavy dish coming out of the oven or an errant child or large dog will break the glass easily.  Whose bright idea was that?

On top of all that, I swear my food tastes different heated in this new microwave.  But at least I don’t have to go in the cat room to heat my food anymore. 

Honored Contributor

@just bee 

Update on my latest Konjac sponge:  used it once a day for three weeks and it’s full of mold. ☹️

Got four more to go before I’m done with all of them.  Not wasting my time or money on any more since all the brands I’ve tried lately haven’t lastest a month.

As that old adage goes, “What’s the definition of an idiot?”  🤪😖