Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Out-of-the-Ordinary October

@just bee wrote:

I finally found out who won the Corrales (Pet) Mayoral election!

Tank!Tank!

Tank!

I'm sure the village will be in good hands.  Er, paws.

@just bee 

Appropriate name if he is representing the company on his cap.  🍺

Trusted Contributor

I just finished a Philosophy Purity 32 ounce cleanser. Those bottles are so huge that I thought I was nearing the bottom but it was tipped over for a couple weeks to get the last drop out of it. It's still odd how much joy it gives me to finish a bottle of anything! To know I get to move on to a new bottle is fun. That was the end of my Purity so I get to return to Paula's Choice and Cera Ve. I know some people rave about Purity but for me it's just been an ok cleanser. I've used it when it came in kits but never eagerly bought it on its own. 

I had previously mentioned my upcoming tent camping weekend which is this weekend! Sadly, all the weather guys are predicting horrid weather. It's still a couple more days out so we're watching to see if it improves. If it's just cold, that's doable but they are talking rain and even snow for good parts of it. Can't enjoy great hiking if worried about being cold and wet plus slippery spots on trails. One of the friends going had made comment last camping trip that it would be fun to camp in the snow...ironic that she's the 1st to be saying she most likely will cancel this time because of snow?? Be careful what you ask for? I really hope its not too bad and can get out to enjoy some great scenery. SItting around a campfire with a fun alcoholic Fall beverage sounds great to me. I don't want to stay home and sit by a candle, drinking the beverage LOL. I would do it, but not enjoy it 100%! 

Respected Contributor

The dog won! Not surprised by this. The pups always win. They come in first place where I live too. They don't consider themselves dogs because they think they are people.😌
just bee, I will be 56 November 25, of this year. We are only 4 years apart! So far, I haven't seen a building collapse.LOL. I shouldn't jinx myself though. Big buses
might be around the corner!!
I hope you are all doing good.If not just chill! Ok, Brisk out for the day. Grocery shopping and errands to do.
Boring stuff IMO.😒
Honored Contributor

@FindingMyJoy wrote:

I just finished a Philosophy Purity 32 ounce cleanser. Those bottles are so huge that I thought I was nearing the bottom but it was tipped over for a couple weeks to get the last drop out of it. It's still odd how much joy it gives me to finish a bottle of anything! To know I get to move on to a new bottle is fun. That was the end of my Purity so I get to return to Paula's Choice and Cera Ve. I know some people rave about Purity but for me it's just been an ok cleanser. I've used it when it came in kits but never eagerly bought it on its own. 

I had previously mentioned my upcoming tent camping weekend which is this weekend! Sadly, all the weather guys are predicting horrid weather. It's still a couple more days out so we're watching to see if it improves. If it's just cold, that's doable but they are talking rain and even snow for good parts of it. Can't enjoy great hiking if worried about being cold and wet plus slippery spots on trails. One of the friends going had made comment last camping trip that it would be fun to camp in the snow...ironic that she's the 1st to be saying she most likely will cancel this time because of snow?? Be careful what you ask for? I really hope its not too bad and can get out to enjoy some great scenery. SItting around a campfire with a fun alcoholic Fall beverage sounds great to me. I don't want to stay home and sit by a candle, drinking the beverage LOL. I would do it, but not enjoy it 100%! 

@FindingMyJoy 

I gave up purity made simple a long time ago.  It was good for cleaning my makeup brushes but did little good for my skin.  I liked the old formula that smelled peppery.

Very happy with the Equate version of CeraVe.  Can't get over how much I like it.

Not surprised the temperature's dropping where you are because it's going to drop to possibly freezing temperatures here, too.  That means my houseplants (which became yard plants after the fire) are going to freeze this week.  Just hope the pipes don't freeze at the house, too.

If you do go camping, have fun -- and bundle up!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
The dog won! Not surprised by this. The pups always win. They come in first place where I live too. They don't consider themselves dogs because they think they are people.😌
just bee, I will be 56 November 25, of this year. We are only 4 years apart! So far, I haven't seen a building collapse.LOL. I shouldn't jinx myself though. Big buses
might be around the corner!!
I hope you are all doing good.If not just chill! Ok, Brisk out for the day. Grocery shopping and errands to do.
Boring stuff IMO.😒

@Brisky 

I really expected the donkey to win in a landslide.  Tank's campaign manager had the right idea: Blue hat, red bow tie.  Keeps the voters guessing.

As for collapsing buildings, I always figured that anything goes after 60.  Which probably means everything goes.

I'm supposed to be excited about my solo birthday vacation but I just can't muster up the enthusiasm.  I need to just let myself have some fun.

Over the weeked we went to the Downtown Growers' Market with the dog, then went to a gun show.  Never been to one and wanted to do something out of the ordinary.

Then BH told me to pick up the sledgehammer and take a swing at our brick.  He said that's the only way I could say I was part of the demo.

I passed.  He pushed.  I swung.

The destruction continues!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee :  I thought with insurance and coverage that after you met your deductible pretty much everything would be covered.  Not so?  How do they get out of that after all the years of paying premiums?  I can understand if you upgrade but shouldn't you get comparable to what was destroyed?  Just musing on my part.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@just bee :  I thought with insurance and coverage that after you met your deductible pretty much everything would be covered.  Not so?  How do they get out of that after all the years of paying premiums?  I can understand if you upgrade but shouldn't you get comparable to what was destroyed?  Just musing on my part.

@Hoovermom 

I just keep telling myself not to fret and I'm trying to keep my head from exploding.  Things change from day to day.  For instance, the last thing we heard was that they didn't want to replace the interior brick in the hearth room.  Yesterday, the crew demolished the fireplace and hearth.

And suddenly we have a new roof.

Maybe I do need that vacation...

Respected Contributor

I say go just bee! Just take your computer so you don't miss us too bad 😢 Maybe you need a break from all of us. LOL

Geezerette, you are not allowed a break if just bee leaves for 3 full days!!! I will go into crisis mode and need therapy.

Actually I need all of you!!
Respected Contributor

I think I need therapy, ALWAYS. 😁
Respected Contributor

@Brisky -Oh yeah, I think I need therapy too!