Super Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Out-of-the-Ordinary October

@just bee wrote:

@lil spot wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@lil spot 

@Brisky 

Smelt.

They're usually eaten whole.  I think people batter and fry them so they can't see their little faces when they eat them.

I haven't had them in over 50 years so I hope I still like them! Woman LOL

You EAT their little faces??!! Woman Surprised

@lil spot 

With some fava beans and a nice chianti. Woman Wink

@just bee 

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm dying here.

Honored Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@lil spot wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@lil spot 

@Brisky 

Smelt.

They're usually eaten whole.  I think people batter and fry them so they can't see their little faces when they eat them.

I haven't had them in over 50 years so I hope I still like them! Woman LOL

You EAT their little faces??!! Woman Surprised

@lil spot 

With some fava beans and a nice chianti. Woman Wink

@just bee 

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha. I'm dying here.

@lil spot 

Couldn't resist.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee  Happy Birthday.  I hope you did something great for yourself. You especially deserve it after the last year you had.

Take care, stay well and keep push'n on!

Don't you know, 60 is the new 45.😉

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@just bee  Happy Birthday.  I hope you did something great for yourself. You especially deserve it after the last year you had.

@Coquille 

Thanks!  It was a better-than-average birthday -- probably because I had such low expectations.  For some reason I starting freaking out the night before, thinking that 60 was a death sentence and that I'd croak before I'd even get to the Italian market for my birthday taste treats.

But I made it to market and even survived the Morbier -- one of the funkiest cheeses I've ever encountered.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Smelt update.

Good news for @lil spot : No faces.

These are Canadian smelt!  They're more like sardines (tiny!) and their heads and innards have been removed.

What kind of foreign smelt are these?

Anyway, we're getting ready to cook them up.  You'll hear from me if we survive.

Honored Contributor

Woman Sad

Let's just say that I'm relieved that we didn't have these sad, pathetic little smelt-dines yesterday.

The sardines we buy are larger than these odd Canadian objects. 

Epic fail.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

@Coquille 

Thanks!  It was a better-than-average birthday -- probably because I had such low expectations.  For some reason I starting freaking out the night before, thinking that 60 was a death sentence and that I'd croak before I'd even get to the Italian market for my birthday taste treats.

But I made it to market and even survived the Morbier -- one of the funkiest cheeses I've ever encountered.

@just bee  You are waaaaay stronger than any smelly, aged or moldy cheese. Like great wine, you get better with age! You've proven, you're stronger than you thought you were,

"Cause You're A Woman, WOMAN"! Peggy Lee sang it best. 🌞😉

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

I never told you about my bee tattoos?

I wanted the experience of a tattoo so when I finally decided on the design I went with four small bees -- two on each thigh. 

So here's the unfortunate part.  I plan to donate my body to our local college, right?  Over time the color of the bees has faded and the yellow is practically non-existent. 

I always say the students will gaze upon my corpse and wonder: Why did she put flies on her thighs?

@just bee 

As usual, you're way ahead of me.  I should have known.

Maybe the students will just assume you were a fan of Vincent Price or Jeff Goldblum. 🐝

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote

This will definitely be the year of the bee!

bee

This bee is tattoo worthy. Something I really like about it. 

So @just bee, do you float like a butterfly and sting like a bee? 

Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

@Coquille 

@just bee  You are waaaaay stronger than any smelly, aged or moldy cheese. Like great wine, you get better with age! You've proven, you're stronger than you thought you were,

"Cause You're A Woman, WOMAN"! Peggy Lee sang it best. 🌞😉

@Coquille 

I don't know... that Morbier is pretty fierce. 

Love Peggy Lee!  Is That All There Is? is a favorite.

Thank you for the kind words.  This was a hard week -- one I've been dreading.  My plants were destroyed so they could get to the brick.  I went to check on the houseplants in the yard because the temperature dropped.  They're not frozen -- in fact. they have new growth.

But as they were removing the brick, some fell and broke off the spigot on the front of the house.  They had to turn off the water so I can't water the plants that are left. Woman Sad