Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Out-of-the-Ordinary October

@lil spot wrote:

@just bee  Happy Birthday!!!

Don't worry, I'll still always be 19 days -cough- older. Smiley Indifferent 

Card_AC_bee_happy_birthday.jpg

@lil spot 

Oh, thank you! Heart

I showed this to BH and he pointed out that this was very similar -- colorwise -- to the card I found on the computer keyboard this morning.

He generally doesn't give me cards because he knows I'll squirrel them away forever.  But he saw a bee card back in September that was the perfect card for me.  He took it to a tattoo artist and asked him to sign it with a special drawing.

It's the coolest thing ever.  I was so surprised this morning.  Maybe he can post a photo later today.  I can't believe he thought of that.

This will definitely be the year of the bee!

bee

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@lil spot 

Nineteen days?  You a Libran, too?

Happy bee-lated birthday! Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday @just bee !🎂🍻 And enjoy your upcoming work trip!  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@BExplorer 

Thanks so much! Heart

Today BH bought my new pair of New Balance shoes for the conference -- now all I need is a yoga mat.

I still can't beelieve I'm doing this. Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@BExplorer 

Thanks so much! Heart

Today BH bought my new pair of New Balance shoes for the conference -- now all I need is a yoga mat.

Sounds like you are all set!  If it's Gentle or YIN Yoga you will be doing I think that will be right up your alley with the stretching program you posted about. Can't wait to read about your experience!  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@lil spot wrote:

@just bee  Happy Birthday!!!

Don't worry, I'll still always be 19 days -cough- older. Smiley Indifferent 

Card_AC_bee_happy_birthday.jpg

@lil spot 

Oh, thank you! Heart

I showed this to BH and he pointed out that this was very similar -- colorwise -- to the card I found on the computer keyboard this morning.

He generally doesn't give me cards because he knows I'll squirrel them away forever.  But he saw a bee card back in September that was the perfect card for me.  He took it to a tattoo artist and asked him to sign it with a special drawing.

It's the coolest thing ever.  I was so surprised this morning.  Maybe he can post a photo later today.  I can't believe he thought of that.

This will definitely be the year of the bee!

bee

@just bee 

Now, how cool is that?! 💌

How can you not love a guy like that? 🥰😘

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Now, how cool is that?! 💌

How can you not love a guy like that? 🥰😘

@geezerette 

BCard01.jpg

BCard02.jpg

He even had the dog (K) sign it!

He's a (bee) keeper!

Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@BExplorer 

Thanks so much! Heart

Sounds like you are all set!  If it's Gentle or YIN Yoga you will be doing I think that will be right up your alley with the stretching program you posted about. Can't wait to read about your experience!  

@BExplorer 

It's... Qigong.  In Santa Fe.  I feel a flashback to my college days -- behind the redwood curtain -- coming on.

Qigong

Qigong for three days from 9 AM to 6 PM.  Can't get much stranger than that.

Respected Contributor

just bee, Just walked in. Omgosh HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! I hope you had a good one.. Nice card from BH and WGD. I know I'm late but better late then never.

Looks like you'll will be doing some gymnastics. Oh my.😳 If I missed you, have a great time.😊
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
just bee, Just walked in. Omgosh HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! I hope you had a good one.. Nice card from BH and WGD. I know I'm late but better late then never.

Looks like you'll will be doing some gymnastics. Oh my.😳 If I missed you, have a great time.😊

@Brisky 

I have to say that it actually was a pretty good birthday.  Most of them are just like any other day.  But this one was really nice.  It started at work when my coworkers surprised me with a card and a cake (a great cake) and we had an unusually quiet shift.  On Saturday we went to the Downtown Growers' Market and my usual apple wasn't there so I discovered a new one (a great apple).

On Sunday we walked the dog at the bosque twice and we went to our local Italian market and bought meats, cheeses and focaccia.  I had a charcuterie platter with an assortment from the market, some marinated artichoke hearts, peppers, olives and a bowl of grapes.  Topped off with a glass of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo.  Noms.

Talked to my sister and our friend, Bob, on the phone for several hours.

My sister's son contacted a relative on my mother's side and he forwarded an old photograph via email of my Italian grandfather surrounded by one of my uncles, two of my aunts and my mother when they were all very young (probably taken in the early 1930s). Since I've lost all the family photos, this was a great thing to see.

So a very good day, indeed. Woman Very Happy 

Tomorrow's BH's birthday.