Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Out-of-the-Ordinary October

@just bee 

(I'm not using the quote feature--it's getting too long!)

We are lucky when we find someone, if we ever do, that we can count on, through thick and thin.

That's why I so strongly urge you, and everyone, to enjoy and appreciate the time you have with those you have now that you can love and trust and not be too concerned with the large parts of life that, when the going gets tough, have little to no meaning.  Or, in fact, can be a hindrance.

Especially now that you're almost 60!  😱😳☺️👏

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

(I'm not using the quote feature--it's getting too long!)

We are lucky when we find someone, if we ever do, that we can count on, through thick and thin.

That's why I so strongly urge you, and everyone, to enjoy and appreciate the time you have with those you have now that you can love and trust and not be too concerned with the large parts of life that, when the going gets tough, have little to no meaning.  Or, in fact, can be a hindrance.

Especially now that you're almost 60!  😱😳☺️👏

@geezerette 

Ever see the film Amour

I digress.

Wise words again, G.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I just found out last night that another friend broke one of her ribs and will be out of commission for at least a month.  She had some sort of creeping crud for a few weeks and has been coughing so hard it broke her rib.  

I think I need to find some new friends.  Mine are coming apart at the seams.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

Well, I just found out last night that another friend broke one of her ribs and will be out of commission for at least a month.  She had some sort of creeping crud for a few weeks and has been coughing so hard it broke her rib.  

@geezerette, omgoodness.  Rolling on the floor laughing my butt off. 

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

There was a local radio personality who was a champion of dogs and an all-round good person.  One day I was driving to work and they were doing a tribute to her.  I was thinking, "Oh -- did she win some kind of award?"

No.  She caught the flu and died.  It happened so fast that I wasn't even aware that she'd passed.

Since the fire I've been thinking a lot about mortality.  It doesnt help that 60 is looming.  I was listening to the car radio the other day and they were playing I Think I Love You. 

All I could think was that not only did I have a crush on David Cassidy but I'd had a crush on his father, too.  And they're both gone.

The thought creeped me out.

Maybe I'm just depressed because they're ripping out all our plants this week.

Again, we have to think about your previous post.  The rest is just noise.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette 

There was a local radio personality who was a champion of dogs and an all-round good person.  One day I was driving to work and they were doing a tribute to her.  I was thinking, "Oh -- did she win some kind of award?"

No.  She caught the flu and died.  It happened so fast that I wasn't even aware that she'd passed.

Since the fire I've been thinking a lot about mortality.  It doesnt help that 60 is looming.  I was listening to the car radio the other day and they were playing I Think I Love You. 

All I could think was that not only did I have a crush on David Cassidy but I'd had a crush on his father, too.  And they're both gone.

The thought creeped me out.

Maybe I'm just depressed because they're ripping out all our plants this week.

Again, we have to think about your previous post.  The rest is just noise.

@just bee 

Now that struck an "OMG!" moment with me.  

Probably a 'TMI' confession here, but...I never really cared one way or another about David Cassidy (or Jack) or that song, but it was what was playing on the car radio the first time my OG kissed me.  So, of course, ever since then it has held a special place in my heart.  So your post made me teary-eyed.

For some reason--probably because I've been trying to get up enough energy to do some major outdoor cleaning around here--I've really been thinking "Less, Less, Less!" lately.  I don't really have an abundance of things anymore, but it still seems like too much.  It may be from outside influences like my friends and their problems, the insanity of the outside world ('nough said about all that!), and constant reminders that not only my income but my energy level are dwindling.  

On the bright side, the weather has finally turned nice--beautiful, in fact.  And I'm trying to force myself to get out and clean up a bit after our never-ending summer.  My current project is to wash under the eaves.  (Isn't that what's called the soffit?)  It hasn't been done for the last couple of years, so it's kind of filthy.  Not my favorite job since it's all overhead work, but I'm just doing a little bit at a time so as not to mess up my neck or back.  

Weather is nice and there is the satisfaction of having accomplished at least something.  And it's nice to look at clean trim for a change.

Respected Contributor

I think I love you! Wow I remember that song so well.
I was early teens then. I had a crush on my best friends brother. I never told anybody! I was shy then.
He was handsome and older then me by at least 5 years. He treated me like his sister! Always nice though. At that age five years made a difference.
I missed my chance. LOL.

Geezerette, take it easy cleaning outside
That is how I hurt my left shoulder. It did heal but it took longer than I thought it would.

I guess I should do my usual cleaning and get busy.
Take it easy everybody. Brisk needs to play maid for awhile. Brisk out to work.... Just a thankless job, but it's mine and the money stinks.
If I went back to work at least I would get a pay check!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Now that struck an "OMG!" moment with me.  

Probably a 'TMI' confession here, but...I never really cared one way or another about David Cassidy (or Jack) or that song, but it was what was playing on the car radio the first time my OG kissed me.  So, of course, ever since then it has held a special place in my heart.  So your post made me teary-eyed.

For some reason--probably because I've been trying to get up enough energy to do some major outdoor cleaning around here--I've really been thinking "Less, Less, Less!" lately.  I don't really have an abundance of things anymore, but it still seems like too much.  It may be from outside influences like my friends and their problems, the insanity of the outside world ('nough said about all that!), and constant reminders that not only my income but my energy level are dwindling.  

On the bright side, the weather has finally turned nice--beautiful, in fact.  And I'm trying to force myself to get out and clean up a bit after our never-ending summer.  My current project is to wash under the eaves.  (Isn't that what's called the soffit?)  It hasn't been done for the last couple of years, so it's kind of filthy.  Not my favorite job since it's all overhead work, but I'm just doing a little bit at a time so as not to mess up my neck or back.  

Weather is nice and there is the satisfaction of having accomplished at least something.  And it's nice to look at clean trim for a change.

@geezerette 

Aw, gee!  Isn't it funny how music can take us anywhere?  A scent will do the same thing.  Time travel is possible.  Interesting how the brain works.

Soffit.  Boy, that's a word I've been hearing a lot lately.  We had our soffit and trim painted after we put on that new roof... before the fire.  Trim makes such a huge difference, doesn't it?  Ours was bright white and it really popped.  Must have impressed our neighbor because they painted all their gray a very bright white.

Now BH is wondering if we should tone it down and go with a softer color.  The house is so hard to imagine in its current skeleton state.  But it's good to hear our crew say that they're impressed with its "bones."

Yes, the weather has been cooperating.  The temps here will drop this weekend -- right now it's 39 degrees.  Crisp.  Heat is not a motivator.  The cooler weather and the look of the trim will definitely make you feel good about life.

But, as @Brisky says, be careful and don't hurt yourself.  Sounds like a project might take your mind off all the turbulence.  All we can do is keep our surroundings comforting.  Right now I'm surrounded by dog hair.  He's blowing his coat and there's no end to the fluff.

Honored Contributor

@lil spot 

There's a sale on tea through 10/21.  Just sayin'.

I'm dangerously close to running out of Paris and Victorian London Fog so this sale comes at a good time.  The 3-bag deal was already discounted so I ended up with another 20% off.

Now's the time to stock it...

I'm brewing a mug of VLF right now.  How do you feel about lavender? Woman Wink

Super Contributor

Oh boy @just bee .....thanks for the alert. I just brewed a mug of Paris, looked in the tin to see 6 sachets left and said to my dogs "I think I need to order some more."

I'm a thoroughly addicted coffee drinker. I could never give up coffee and for that matter, no one around me would ever want me to.

Woman LOL It was bad enough stopping my Kettle Chip addiction...

I'm not sure I've ever had a lavender tea. I heading over now to replenish my Paris and order some VLF. I'll let you know in a weeks time what I think. Their delivery is incredibly quick and efficient.