Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Mellow May

@geezerette -oooohhhhh, those are good priorities. I really should make HEP a priority here too, but I'm still really struggling with that, even though I've gained back everything that I lost a couple of years ago and all of my clothes are getting really tight or don't fit at all. 

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time getting back on track with that again. I don't usually struggle that much but this time I am. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee -Oh no! So sorry about the broken art. That must have been so disappointing!

Respected Contributor

@aprilskies -It sounds like you are actually doing pretty well so far this year. The fact that it's May and you've made no beauty purchases is great! I can't say the same. 

I had looked into sending items to Project beauty share at one time too, but like you, the shipping was so outrageous that I never did it. I wanted to help, but for the money I could have just bought brand new items and had them sent there.

I've also taken many items to work over the years and many, if not all, of them have gotten picked up by someone. I've even taken gently used items and someone has taken them. What they did with them I obviously don't know, but I felt at least a little better about it, rather than just throwing them in the trash.

Depending on what the items are you might want to consider taking used items in too. I wouldn't take in used lip gloss or foundation, but if it's something that can be sanitized, like barely used eyeshadow palettes or is in a bottle that is sanitary, someone still might want it. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies 

I really wanted to glue it together, but as I was pulling out of the driveway to go to work last night I saw him walk outside with the pieces and dump them in the trash.

@Brisky 

"Good" was not the word that came to my mind at that moment.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee -You might not NEED the blushes, but honestly, if you want the blushes I'd just get them. 

@rnmom 

I had a horrid night at work and I managed to injure my hand when I caught a patient.  Don't ask.

Anyway, I left late and by then my brain was so fried I wasn't making sense.  I decided to drive to Target and look at the blushes with the intention of buying just one.  A little reward for surviving the night.

I looked at all the colors and the price in the store was $6.99.  I didn't want to get to the register and pay that and I didn't want to look for an in-store scanner -- does Target still have those? -- to check the price.

So I left and didn't buy anything.

When I get that urge for Milani Dolce Pink or Luminoso, I'll just pull out the wet n wild pink and apricot shades and pretend.  Eh -- similar enough.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies 

Scandal?  Nay.

I might be the only person on the planet that doesn't have Netflix.  But then I avoid Facebook, too.  After years of working in high tech, I've gone low tech.

I still pay for cable.  And I can't say I respect myself.

Honored Contributor

Another sign of advancing age.

I heard a blurb on the radio yesterday.  Sting is going to appear in concert at Kit Carson Park in Taos on Labor Day.  Tickets are strangely affordable... considering.

I thought about seeing Sting for about seven seconds then shrugged it off.

I'm decrepit.

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Hello all, I am getting in from a long day. Mellow May sounded good till my sister called to tell me my brother is going into hospice. Five years ago he was diagnosed with Parkinson's. It is getting worse now fast. My mother of course very upset. My father past five years ago so she's way down. My brother is only
Sixty. So sad for all, especially his children.
Life always sends us trials. Just sad.

@Brisky 

We were talking about life's "curve balls" last night at work.  I'm seeing Parkinson's, dementia and MS more and more in younger patients.

Pretty sobering.  Sounds like everyone is going to need support.  Mom will definitely take this hard. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@just bee 

No, you’re not the only one without Netflix.  I’m there too.  Although I am on Facebook—just barely.  And that’s only because it’s the only way I can find out what’s happening with my younger relatives out of state.  (Sometimes I wonder why I care since they don’t give me the time of day.)  Even so, most of them don’t post anymore, except for one niece, whose posts mostly consist of her dogs.  

I don't have cable because I can’t get it out here.  But I do pay the exorbitant fee for satellite.  It’s worth it to me because I now have a TV on most of the day and much of the night.  I like the animal shows.  Watching “Dog Whisperer” reruns right now.

I don’t pay for the movie channels though.  Not because I’m too cheap.  It’s because I can’t follow a two-hour plot anymore.  Nor can I stay awake that long.  How’s that for decrepit?

Honored Contributor

@Brisky 

That sounds like a rough situation you’re going through.  More than enough reason to go off the wagon for chocolate.  Hopefully your family can support each other during this tough time.

And you are so right:  we don’t have control over everything.  I suppose that makes controlling what we can all the more important.

🙏🕊❤️