Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Mellow May

Outgassing, Who would of thought, so is everything affected by this, even nonporous materials? What a crazy situation.  You guys must be so exhausted. 

At at least you were able to save some things to keep the familiar. It does help.  Hopefully you will get in a rental soon.  A little normal will do you good. 

I still cant believe that happened to you. Continue to take care of yourselves and be safe.  Especially guard your emotional health.  Right now you are keeping busy but the quiet will come and all of the feelings that have been on standby. 

Life me is a beach. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Outgassing, Who would of thought, so is everything affected by this, even nonporous materials? What a crazy situation.  You guys must be so exhausted. 

At at least you were able to save some things to keep the familiar. It does help.  Hopefully you will get in a rental soon.  A little normal will do you good. 

I still cant believe that happened to you. Continue to take care of yourselves and be safe.  Especially guard your emotional health.  Right now you are keeping busy but the quiet will come and all of the feelings that have been on standby. 

Life me is a beach. 

@aprilskies 

I'm still using my PC facial cleanser, Lumene CC cream and the new makeup I bought.  Left many items behind and returned others to the house.

I probably should ditch the items I have but I'm not in the position to shop.  I've got to get through a couple more rooms.

Yesterday I found a lot of stuff from high school -- the things I wrote in the school newspaper and theatre posters.  Hate to throw all this away because that school was torn down in the 80s.  Also get sick when I find an old calendar that documents everything or a diary.  All that history has to go.

How will I remember anything?  It's like the last 60 years have been wiped away.

I found all my drawings for my Anatomy class -- they're in the recycle pile -- and that reminds me that I'll be finding all my drawings from my Art minor days.  My "writings" have been tossed.  Copious notes from classes.  Mementos, souvenirs, ticket stubs, playbills.

Then I look at BH.  He never kept any of those items so he hasn't lost much.  Maybe he has the right idea.

It's awful and I feel like there's so much more to do.  Haven't even gone through my closets or kitchen cupboards.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

It's sounds stupid that I haven't thrown away the beauty products but the daily ritual of washing my face and applying makeup is helpful right now.  I'm not wearing jewelry and I have only a few items of clothing.

I found a ton of QVC receipts yesterday.  I can't believe how much I purchased over the years.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I had an enormous blue sage near the garage that was torched during the fire.  A shame because the bees loved it.  My rose bushes got a little fried, too. 

What I didn't realize until yesterday was that the pistache between houses was damaged.  There's new growth already, but it's a beautiful tree and I hate to see the burned parts.  It's a miracle it didn't set the neighbor's house on fire because it touches their roof.

If there's going to be major construction on the house I wonder how much of the landscaping will have to be removed.

Ugh.

Honored Contributor

I'm facing another day at the house, more traipsing down memory lane and tossing.

It almost makes sense to let everything go instead of making choices about what to save.

BH is busy looking for rentals -- there aren't a lot available -- and used cars. 

Does this get easier or harder?

Honored Contributor

And I would kill for a decent cup of tea.

Respected Contributor

just bee, Take this slow, I really can't imagine what your going through. Going there must be exhausting. I can honestly say now, I pray I never have to go through what you are going through. Remember how lucky you are to have made it out alive. That's what counts. Take care of you!
Hello to everybody else here on thread! Take care!
PS, My son is home.😊 I am going to con him into some yard work.
Try to have a good day and if not...just chill.☺
Respected Contributor

PS, I have been devouring sugar.
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
just bee, Take this slow, I really can't imagine what your going through. Going there must be exhausting. I can honestly say now, I pray I never have to go through what you are going through. Remember how lucky you are to have made it out alive. That's what counts. Take care of you!
Hello to everybody else here on thread! Take care!
PS, My son is home.😊 I am going to con him into some yard work.
Try to have a good day and if not...just chill.☺

@Brisky 

As bad as it is -- and it is bad -- if we had been inside the truck when it caught fire, we'd probably both be in the burn unit or ICU and I'd be thinking about medical bills and the dog.  What if WGD hadn't been able to escape and we watched him burn?

I guess that's what's keeping me going.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

And I would kill for a decent cup of tea.

@just bee 

Are you still receiving deliveries at your house?  Or do you have a place you are receiving them?  Because if I were you, I would take a few minutes out of my busy schedule and order my favorite tea—right now!  I’m serious.  As much as you enjoy your daily ritual of tea, I would think that having some decent tea again, even if your life is upside down right now, would give you a tiny bit of calm.  You’re going to order more eventually anyway.

And buy a kettle if you need to.  And pay retail for it all—don’t wait for a sale!

❤️