Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Meditative March

Good afternoon ladies, hope your days is going well.

About getting a new dog after one passes over the rainbow bridge.

You never replace a dog, you honor their memory by resucing another.  At least that is how I like to think of it.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Honored Contributor

@PAlady wrote:

You never replace a dog, you honor their memory by resucing another.  At least that is how I like to think of it.

@PAlady 

And that is a wonderful philosophy.  One I once shared, actually.

That was when I was younger and didn't have to think about things like health and mortality.  I'll be 60 this year and I think that at this point anything is possible.  Anything bad.

BH thinks it's unwise to have a dog you can't lift.  I like 'em big and he does all the heavy lifting.  For now.

I think I've depressed myself sufficiently.  Better get this dog out while we're both still breathing! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@PAlady wrote:

@PAlady 

And that is a wonderful philosophy.  One I once shared, actually.

That was when I was younger and didn't have to think about things like health and mortality.  I'll be 60 this year and I think that at this point anything is possible.  Anything bad.

BH thinks it's unwise to have a dog you can't lift.  I like 'em big and he does all the heavy lifting.  For now.

I think I've depressed myself sufficiently.  Better get this dog out while we're both still breathing! Woman LOL

@PAlady 

@just bee 

I agree with you both. 

That’s why AC (After Carla) I’ve decided to become one of those crazy old cat ladies.  I already have two cats—both rescued—and I’m already old and definitely working on the crazy part.  So it’s a natural transition.  Dogs are becoming too much for me as I age.

Of course, before I get any more animals of any kind I have to get the permission of the lady that is going to have to get stuck with them if something happens to me.  She desperately wants to keep me healthy while  Carla is around!  🤣

Respected Contributor

I am in for Meditative March, too!!

My January and February didn't go to well. I spent a lot of money on Fashion in January. And I neglected exercising in February because the terrible cold I got.  

So, hopefully, I will get back into exercising regularly and do a NO BUY on Fashion and Beauty items in March (starting on Wed for Lent). That is my goal, hopefully I will be able to stick to it. Wish me luck!

Trusted Contributor

just bee - Our last dog was 95lbs.  We taught her to use a ramp to get in the Rav4, and she learned to do it quickly ( she was 10 1/2 when we adopted her).   We say our next dog will be smaller ( we both love big dogs), but we do have to be realistic.  DH is 70 and I am 56, he did the heavy lifting of our last two dogs, so we have to think about size this time.  We have been without a dog since last February, after our vacation this spring we will actively be looking for a dog to adopt.  

Have a good evening everyone.

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

I am in for Meditative March, too!!

My January and February didn't go to well. I spent a lot of money on Fashion in January. And I neglected exercising in February because the terrible cold I got.  

So, hopefully, I will get back into exercising regularly and do a NO BUY on Fashion and Beauty items in March (starting on Wed for Lent). That is my goal, hopefully I will be able to stick to it. Wish me luck!

@momoftwo2007 

Good luck! Woman Very Happy

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't do any of my stretching in February and I was already over my cold.

Wow -- Lent starts on the 6th?  Time for self-denial?  Already?

Maybe I'll give up... stretching. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@PAlady wrote:

just bee - Our last dog was 95lbs.  We taught her to use a ramp to get in the Rav4, and she learned to do it quickly ( she was 10 1/2 when we adopted her).   We say our next dog will be smaller ( we both love big dogs), but we do have to be realistic.  DH is 70 and I am 56, he did the heavy lifting of our last two dogs, so we have to think about size this time.  We have been without a dog since last February, after our vacation this spring we will actively be looking for a dog to adopt.  

Have a good evening everyone.

@PAlady 

I had promised BH that I wouldn't actively pursue adoption after our previous pair and it was two long years before one magically appeared in our driveway.

If one should magically appear again, who am I to tamper with fate?

Honored Contributor

DAT

Or I may end up with one of those hybrid deer/cat things.

Respected Contributor

Hello all. I have not bought anything in a long time. Perhaps two months. Wow, not missing buying.
I really miss sunshine, Ready for Green again. Be well everybody.☺
Respected Contributor

Cute kitty by the way. Antlers and all.