Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Meditative March

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

@rnmom 

@aprilskies  hasn't posted on any thread in weeks.

😮🤨 Let’s hope it’s because she off having fun.🤞

Respected Contributor

Geezerette, that is what I thought. So sorry... No words to help. HUGS! AND HUGS.
I am slowly mending. Still sore but ok. No shopping
either.I am actually surprised☺ It is getting easier. The longer I go with out the easier it becomes. I
I believe April skies will be back soon
I hope all is well for all. If not, take it easy ladies☺
Respected Contributor

I am going to update my kitchen this spring and then sell my home. I want a smaller home and no stairs.I am hoping we will move soon!
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I am going to update my kitchen this spring and then sell my home. I want a smaller home and no stairs.I am hoping we will move soon!

@Brisky 

The smartest thing we did -- scratch that.  The only smart thing we did was buy a single-story house.  The house and yard are still too big for us, but the view is why I hesitate to sell.

Will have to one day, so keep us updated on your adventure.  I'll need encouragement!

Part of me thinks that if I leave this house I might as well leave the city.  And the state.

Just have to choose a new one.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

March 17

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

March 17

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

So... just when I decide that I'm not going to replace my eyeshadow and blush until they're completely gone, I notice something on Ulta's site.

Word on the street is that Ulta's going to stop selling Laura Geller.

Could be, because all LG's on sale right now.  If I want to replace my baked blushes now would be the time.  Or not.

See, yesterday the blushes were marked down from $28 to $19 and change.  Today they're $16.

They'll probably keep coming down but by then the selection will be limited.

Oh, what to do.

Honored Contributor

I just mentioned the LG sale and told BH how long I've owned my baked blush palette.

He looked at me quizzically, and said:

But you don't wear blush.

Next week is the 28th anniversary of our first date.  We worked together and were "friends" long before that first date.  It was a Japanese restaurant.  I recall what I was wearing.  Blush was also involved.

Yeah, I don't wear blush.

I don't even know if that's an insult or a compliment.  I'm just confused right now. Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@just bee - I'm glad that this cold isn't as bad as the last one was, hopefully you will get over it quickly.

I was going to mention the Laura Geller baked blusheds to you, but I see that you already saw it. I got the Ulta fier with the 21 days of beauty and saw that they were marked down to $16, available in 6 shades. It seems ike a good price but I believe that you mentioned  that there are other brands also available like Milani that are still only half that, around $8. So i guess it depends on how much you want to stick to LG.

I really wish that Ulta was closer to where I live. They have the PUR powder foundation for half price and I've been wanting to try it for a long time. But I DO NOT need $50 worth of items right now to justify ordering online and Ulta is a good 30 minutes from my house, if not more. That's why I never drive there. i'm just too lazy. I'm honestly not sure if they have it in the store. I'd really hate to drive all the way out there and still not be able to get it. I guess I'll just stick to my Everyday Minerals for now. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee - I'm glad that this cold isn't as bad as the last one was, hopefully you will get over it quickly.

I was going to mention the Laura Geller baked blusheds to you, but I see that you already saw it. I got the Ulta fier with the 21 days of beauty and saw that they were marked down to $16, available in 6 shades. It seems ike a good price but I believe that you mentioned  that there are other brands also available like Milani that are still only half that, around $8. So i guess it depends on how much you want to stick to LG.

I really wish that Ulta was closer to where I live.

@rnmom 

I have a store just over a mile from here.  I've been inside it twice -- for haircuts. 

Yes, my dilemma is LG versus Milani.  I can get Milani at Target for $6.99.  I still don't know which color I should be using but whatever I've been doing for the past 30 years must be subtle because according to BH I don't wear the stuff.

But considering how long I've owned that palette, I figure I could buy two or three full-size LG blushes and might never have to buy blush again.

To perfect my unique blushless look.

Respected Contributor

@just bee -That's true, the LG blush did last you a long time. Actually, I think that any powder blush would last for years. I've used up many powder eyeshadows over the years but I don't think I've ever used up a powder blush. You use such a small amount each day that it just takes forever to go thru. I always end up tossing mine after a 2-3 years because I'm tired of looking at them. I applaud your perseverence!