Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Junk It June!

@Brisky wrote:
I don't know if this will help any of you but I once read that if you find 23 items a day in your home that you don't like or love, dump lt. Soon you will get down to the items you Need and Love.

@Brisky 

In the past I've challenged myself to throwing away or donating an item a day.  That game never worked out very well, but now I can say I'm more than making up for it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

just bee, Insurance companies and now Going back to work. I think I will send you a prayer.
You might as well been hit by a car. Glad you are still here though. Wow, you must be fed up.
I thought Insurance companies were there to help and guide you
False advertising.😔
Respected Contributor

Now that I have said you might have as well been hit by a car. Didn't mean it. So be careful! 😊 take baby steps if you can. Take care of yourself and don't get hurt. Saying a prayer for you all.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom 

@geezerette 

@aprilskies 

It's already the second day of the month.  Are you a HEPcat or a HEPdog?

@just bee -Well, it is a work in progress. I haven't had any sweets, candy, cookies, or chips in the last 3 days. That's about all I can claim. I did resist sausage and eggs for breakfast the other day and had strawberries and yogurt instead. But then I had a cheeseburger and fries for dinner. I don't expect to be eating all healthy all the time, that's too unrealistic, but I'm trying to make small changes here and there. 

Respected Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom 

@geezerette 

@aprilskies 

@just bee -Well, it is a work in progress. I haven't had any sweets, candy, cookies, or chips in the last 3 days. That's about all I can claim. I did resist sausage and eggs for breakfast the other day and had strawberries and yogurt instead. But then I had a cheeseburger and fries for dinner. I don't expect to be eating all healthy all the time, that's too unrealistic, but I'm trying to make small changes here and there. 

Yup, the same. Definitely work in progress. For me, It is more of breaking the habit of eating and finding something to replace it. For instance, when I am stressed, I need to find another stress reliever because it doesnt matter what I am reaching for, I still consume too much.  Nuts are healthy, but a ton of them are not and certainly not figure friendly.  

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
just bee, Insurance companies and now Going back to work. I think I will send you a prayer.
You might as well been hit by a car. Glad you are still here though. Wow, you must be fed up.
I thought Insurance companies were there to help and guide you
False advertising.😔

@Brisky 

You really don't know if you have a good insurance company until you have a claim.  And then it's too late.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Now that I have said you might have as well been hit by a car. Didn't mean it. So be careful! 😊 take baby steps if you can. Take care of yourself and don't get hurt. Saying a prayer for you all.

@Brisky 

A lot of people scoff at "thoughts and prayers" but if some are willing to dismiss them I'd be more than happy to take my share and theirs, too.

Bring 'em on! Heart

Honored Contributor

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom 

@geezerette 

@aprilskies 

@rnmom 

Something wrong with a cheeseburger?  Just use better quality beef and cheese and top it with romaine and tomato.  And green chile. Woman Wink

Small changes are the way to go.  If you deprive yourself of all the things you love, it won't work.

Cookies are fine.  One great cookie is better than a whole box of bad cookies.  Think moderation and quality.  Choose a better cookie, a better piece of chocolate.  A better burger.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom 

@geezerette 

@aprilskies 

Yup, the same. Definitely work in progress. For me, It is more of breaking the habit of eating and finding something to replace it. For instance, when I am stressed, I need to find another stress reliever because it doesnt matter what I am reaching for, I still consume too much.  Nuts are healthy, but a ton of them are not and certainly not figure friendly.  

@aprilskies 

A schedule helps.  Now that I'm going back to work my schedule will get a little more normal and I'll be eating my usual work diet and drinking more water.

Looking forward to apples!

But substitution is a good way to go.  Instead of eating, drink something.  (A cup of tea?)  Or eat something else -- like sliced apples.

Stress relief?  Walking, stretching, music... no online browsing! Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

Well, June has started with a bang for us.

DH got fever Sunday morning, took him to the ER, they admitted him, ran all the tests and cultures, didn't find anything to cause the fever.  Gave him lots of fluids and antibiotics, he felt fine on Monday and they discharged him on Tuesday.  Geesh.  The Docs think it was just a random virus that is normally killed by the body in healthy individuals.  Since DH has leukemia, is on chemo and has virtually no immune system left, random viral/bacterial infections could potentially kill him if not dealt with swiftly.

This is the sixth time he's been in the hospital for a random fever in the past two years (not including the other four major hospitalizations).

I fear the random infections that come out of the blue the most.  This is what is going to kill him in the end.  Every time he gets one of these fevers, I wonder, is this the end?

My nerves are shot.  DH feels fine, tired because he got no sleep in the hospital, glad to be home.

Good thing I got the insurance coverage issue taken care of last week.

I feel like I'm always treading water, barely keeping up.  And I'm getting tired.  Ugh.