Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Junk It June!

@just bee :  I just ordered Harney & Sons Paris tea.  After reading your post through past months, I ordered what you had mentioned.

I hope things will continue to work themselves out in the months ahead, and you BH, WGD will find a peaceful and quiet place to nest.  Best wishes.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom wrote:

@just bee :  I just ordered Harney & Sons Paris tea.  After reading your post through past months, I ordered what you had mentioned.

I hope things will continue to work themselves out in the months ahead, and you BH, WGD will find a peaceful and quiet place to nest.  Best wishes.

@Hoovermom 

I'm sick with jealousy! Woman LOL

Paris is probably still my favorite, but Victorian London Fog is a contender.  It will be interesting to try them after not having them for so long.  But I'm just not ready to order any right now.

I hope you enjoy Paris and it becomes a favorite for you, too.

If I do start ordering tea again, I won't be ordering as many varieties.  I'll stick to my favorite black, green and rooibos teas. 

I had so many tea tins... I parted with them.

Thank you for your wishes.  It will be nice to find a nest.  And hopefully the nest will have a washer and dryer.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@rnmom 

@geezerette 

@aprilskies 

It's already the second day of the month.  Are you a HEPcat or a HEPdog?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I'm paralyzed again.  Part of me just wants to finish up at the house today while another part wants to give myself another week with a few days away from it to get a different perspective.

I've decided to let them try to restore the cassettes and record albums -- and my old guitar.  That I haven't played in decades.

But someone will.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom 

@geezerette 

@aprilskies 

@just bee 

I’ll have you know I have fresh salmon baking in the oven and asparagus steaming for my lunch as I write this.

Heaven only knows what I’ll be eating tomorrow, though.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@rnmom 

@geezerette 

@aprilskies 

@just bee 

I’ll have you know I have fresh salmon baking in the oven and asparagus steaming for my lunch as I write this.

Heaven only knows what I’ll be eating tomorrow, though.

@geezerette 

That sounds a little HEPcat.

I like the combination of salmon and asparagus.  I regret not planting asparagus when we moved here.  It grew so well in our backyard in Prescott.

It's good for you! Heart

Keep it up -- you know you can do this.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I'm paralyzed again.  Part of me just wants to finish up at the house today while another part wants to give myself another week with a few days away from it to get a different perspective.

I've decided to let them try to restore the cassettes and record albums -- and my old guitar.  That I haven't played in decades.

But someone will.

@just bee 

This whole thing is just getting old and tiresome for you at this point.  The initial shock is probably starting to wear off and the reality setting in.  Staying in a hotel without your own car, etc. 

I think once you can get in a rental and get a little bit more of a normal routine, you’ll feel much better.  Probably you all will feel better.

And gaining more control.  Right now you’re still at the mercy of other people.

You can do this, too.  I have faith in you. ❤️

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

But someone will.

@just bee 

This whole thing is just getting old and tiresome for you at this point.  The initial shock is probably starting to wear off and the reality setting in.  Staying in a hotel without your own car, etc. 

I think once you can get in a rental and get a little bit more of a normal routine, you’ll feel much better.  Probably you all will feel better.

And gaining more control.  Right now you’re still at the mercy of other people.

You can do this, too.  I have faith in you. ❤️

@geezerette 

Thanks.  That means a lot right now.

Whatever happens today is enough.  I'm focusing on the car situation tomorrow.  I just don't want to drive BH's vehicle to work.

Well... I better start thinking about heading over...

New Contributor

Just take it one day at a time.  It is extremely time consuming.  We work every single day trying to get things sorted out for insurance (still) while trying to survive.  We still consider ourselves in survival mode.  When it comes to insurance don't rush it.  Ours tried to say we didn't need a new roof (the fire glazed our shingles to the point the gutters were filled with sand).   The bank is still holding onto our landscaping money so we are cutting ddown over 270 trees on our own.  

My favorite teas are Hibiki-an from Kyoto for green tea (comes straight from Japan), Twinings for Earl Grey, Republic of Tea Cranberry Orange and Jasmine Pearl and London for black currant.  I also mix the Celestial Seasonings with English or Irish breakast.

I am trying to give up my addiction for saving jars and containers.  I need to recycle more of them.  I have canning jars over 40 years old.  

We still have soot when the wind blows.  Yuk.  It doesn't wash off easily either.  Make sure to wear a mask.  One test we did is after we were outside we took a sticky post it note and put it on our skin and looked at it.  That shows what you are exposed to.  We do nasal rinses and eye rinses in the shower every night. 

One of these days you and your significant other will look at each other and say "I can't believe we made it".  It is overwhelming what you went through but you are alive.  

New Contributor

Just take it one day at a time.  It is extremely time consuming.  We work every single day trying to get things sorted out for insurance (still) while trying to survive.  We still consider ourselves in survival mode.  When it comes to insurance don't rush it.  Ours tried to say we didn't need a new roof (the fire glazed our shingles to the point the gutters were filled with sand).   The bank is still holding onto our landscaping money so we are cutting down over 270 trees on our own.  

My favorite teas are Hibiki-an from Kyoto for green tea (comes straight from Japan), Twinings for Earl Grey, Republic of Tea Cranberry Orange and Jasmine Pearl and London for black currant.  I also mix the Celestial Seasonings with English or Irish breakast.

I am trying to give up my addiction for saving jars and containers.  I need to recycle more of them.  I have canning jars over 40 years old.  

We still have soot when the wind blows.  Yuk.  It doesn't wash off easily either.  Make sure to wear a mask.  One test we did is after we were outside we took a sticky post it note and put it on our skin and looked at it.  That shows what you are exposed to.  We do nasal rinses and eye rinses in the shower every night. 

One of these days you and your significant other will look at each other and say "I can't believe we made it".  It is overwhelming what you went through but you are alive.