Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Junk It June!

@aprilskies wrote:

Start of a brand new month always feels like a clean slate. I am going to try and make this month count. It feels like every month just blends with the last and I am no further along in where I want to be.

HEP will be my main priority. @RNMom, I am not giving everything up either, just going to try and be healthier.  This morning I already exercised on my portable elliptical and went for a relatively short walk, but I moved. And I plan on going for a longer walk later on today if it doesnt rain, otherwise I will use one of the many things I have that I never or barely used. Woman Embarassed

This month I am also going to focus in getting my paperwork organized, @geezerette, made me jealous and I am also going to work on sorting my pictures. I am not sure when I became the holder of a lifetiime of these memories but I would like to share them with everyone. I am sure they all will appreciate them.  This will be a slow process as there are a ton of them and I am not willing to spend all of my time doing this either.  But even if I just accomplish paperwork, that really will clear some cobwebs. 

I think I need to infuse some light hearted fun somewhere. I think I have been missing that. I will start by going to the park again.  We have a beautiful one and I loved it last year. It has been a bit humid but I can at least try to go for walks there and just take in the beauty. 

Have a nice Saturday, Everyone. 

@aprilskies 

Fun.  Sounds familiar -- I'll have to look it up.

Yesterday I went through all the photo albums that didn't burn up in the garage.  Most of the ones I flipped through were of dog shows my sister and I -- and sometimes my mother -- would go to.  Why I took so many pictures of strangers' dogs is interesting; it's also interesting that I took so many of our own dogs but those were the ones that burned.

I found a couple photos of my sister holding a Doberman puppy.  I took those and left the rest.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Well... I was hoping we'd be done with the house by now but that's not the case.  Hoping I'd have a car and a rental to live in, but that's not the case, either.

BH showed me more used cars online last night and every time I'm faced with choices I shut down.

I'm making as many as I can right now.

Must head to... the house.  I'll water the singed roses when I get there.

@just bee 

What happened to the white car that was supposed to come down for you to check out?  And BH, did he get his vehicle?

You can only do what you can only do.  A rental you might have to make compromises on, but that will only be temporary.  Might be a long temporary, but you know it’s still not forever.

A car, though, hopefully will be around a while.  And you’ll be using it every day.  It needs to be something you can live with and be happy with.  Take your time.  You don’t want to regret that decision later on.

I think you’ve been doing fabulously with all the decision making.  And, even more impressive, all that you have managed to pitch.  BH should be satisfied with all that for a long time. If you make too many decisions, he might drop over from shock. 😱😄

@geezerette 

He bought one and we're still waiting for mine to be released.  It sustained some body damage and is being painted.  Red flag?  We're hoping to see it on Monday.

He found other Subarus last night -- even Outbacks.  The prices were reasonable, but I don't really need an Outback.  A sedan is fine.

He found a nice FIT and the price was tempting but it won't solve the problem I have with the FIT: Poor visibility and bad on snow and ice.

But that price was tempting.

I have to turn in the rental on Monday. Woman Sad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Lol Just Bee!  Its so silly... the amount of stuff that has remained untouched for years-  Yet, I keep it- learning to let it go... Trying to get ready to downsize. 

And the other side of the coin is not getting MORE stuff. I do enjoy watching all the TV shop channels!  No buying rule.

I try to remember the more I use what I already own, the more value I get out it! 

Words of wisdom for fellow ComPacters: 

“Use it up,  Wear it out, Make it do OR Do without”

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Photos, you girlies are reminding me... Ughhh, I have boxes and boxes to work on-  I’ve been ignoring them for over 20 years.  Ok, starting to gather the momentum to begin that daunting task- 

Honored Contributor

@just bee @At least yours was accidental...I can’t do it on purpose.Sorry you have to go through all of that.I hope you didn’t lose your precious mementos or any pets.I must have missed your discussion about the fire..

Respected Contributor

@just bee   I recently happened across last month’s thread and was going to respond there, but just saw this one. I wanted to wish you well as you come through this challenge (with humor and courage I might add). 

I also wanted to respond to someone that was wondering what to do with some of their jewelry. I went through this recently, always thinking I would try to sell it, etc. Instead I sent a package off to Dress for Success in Phoenix and am so glad I did. It makes me happy to think about other women wearing it as they try to improve their lives. 

Respected Contributor

@just bee  I also hope you will be able to let go of the guilt about not donating things earlier. I suspect you wouldn’t be as hard on someone else. (Sorry to be so personal when I’ve never chatted with you before, but your postings have been so open and honest, I feel like I know you a little bit 🙂).

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Lol Just Bee!  Its so silly... the amount of stuff that has remained untouched for years-  Yet, I keep it- learning to let it go... Trying to get ready to downsize. 

And the other side of the coin is not getting MORE stuff. I do enjoy watching all the TV shop channels!  No buying rule.

I try to remember the more I use what I already own, the more value I get out it! 

Words of wisdom for fellow ComPacters: 

“Use it up,  Wear it out, Make it do OR Do without”

@Skyegirl21 

It's like that George Carlin routine about stuff.  We actually parked our vehicles in our garage.  Most people we know fill their garages from floor to ceiling with stuff.

I can't point fingers: My stuff was in the garage before I put it all in a side room to make room for the cars.  That's the room that's taking the longest to sort through because my personal history ended up there.  It's like the Bee Museum.

I threw away all my diaries and journals today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@just bee @At least yours was accidental...I can’t do it on purpose.Sorry you have to go through all of that.I hope you didn’t lose your precious mementos or any pets.I must have missed your discussion about the fire..

@dex 

Lost all the important photos that were in an antique mahogany and burl chest in the garage.  Now I'm tossing mementos that are damaged by soot.

But BH got me and the world's greatest dog out of the house in the knick of time.  We would have been crispy critters if he hadn't acted quickly.

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

@just bee  I also hope you will be able to let go of the guilt about not donating things earlier. I suspect you wouldn’t be as hard on someone else. (Sorry to be so personal when I’ve never chatted with you before, but your postings have been so open and honest, I feel like I know you a little bit 🙂).

@tucsongal 

You don't know how much I appreciate that.  I'll have to work it out and hope that, over time, I won't feel like such a clod.