Honored Contributor

ComPact 2019 – Junk It June!

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.”  "Only the store, online no more!" “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Junk It June!

HEPdog

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs! We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing. If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem. But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Junk it June! 💝💝

Everyday, get rid of a few things that are unused for years- 

Why, why do we keep stuff, that isn’t used?  

Respected Contributor

Did a major purge last weekend.  I was holding on ot make up i never use, becuase I paid for it and felt bad but if it didn't work, it won't work later on.  I purchased some new IT Cosmetic pieces and a few back ups (eye liner back up).  I feel better just not having so much stuff set aside waiting to never be used.  Smiley Happy 

Deb

Honored Contributor

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Junk it June! 💝💝

@Skyegirl21 

Have you been talking to my Better-half?

It's taking me forever to sift through all the items in our house after last month's fire and I find myself leaving most of the things behind.

As BH says, if it hasn't been used in 25 years, what makes you think you're going to start using it after it's been restored?

Wish I had listened to him and donated everything before the fire.

Honored Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

Did a major purge last weekend.  I was holding on ot make up i never use, becuase I paid for it and felt bad but if it didn't work, it won't work later on.  I purchased some new IT Cosmetic pieces and a few back ups (eye liner back up).  I feel better just not having so much stuff set aside waiting to never be used.  Smiley Happy 

Deb

@SFGIANTSGIRL 

Smart.  We were told all our personal items were contaminated by the soot from the fire, so I'm leaving boxes full of lotions and potions behind.  Tons of fragrances.  A year's supply of mascara.  All the items I had collected to take advantage of some sale or free shipping.

Don't stockpile.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

New month, new start.

Ready... steady... go!

Respected Contributor

I'm ready. Lets jump through June!
Does anybody know where I can give approximately ten gallons of old paint too? The previous owners left them in shed out back. My husband and I had it professionally painted from garage, ceilings, doors and walls when we bought it. We went with white for garage and ceilings and trim. The walls are egg shell now. It was dark green when we bought it. What to do with all that gross dark green paint?
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I'm ready. Lets jump through June!
Does anybody know where I can give approximately ten gallons of old paint too? The previous owners left them in shed out back. My husband and I had it professionally painted from garage, ceilings, doors and walls when we bought it. We went with white for garage and ceilings and trim. The walls are egg shell now. It was dark green when we bought it. What to do with all that gross dark green paint?

@Brisky 

Wow -- that's a lot of green paint!

Honored Contributor

@@just bee wrote:

@Skyegirl21 wrote:

Junk it June! 💝💝

@Skyegirl21 

Have you been talking to my Better-half?

It's taking me forever to sift through all the items in our house after last month's fire and I find myself leaving most of the things behind.

As BH says, if it hasn't been used in 25 years, what makes you think you're going to start using it after it's been restored?

Wish I had listened to him and donated everything before the fire.

@Skyegirl21 

@just bee 

My Old Geezer never cared what or how much I bought—IF I used it, whatever it was.  He never could understand why I would buy more of something that I didn’t ever use.

Just putting that in print seems so logical.  But somehow it’s difficult to put into practice.