Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Jaded July

Independence Day!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

No purchases for me this month. I did have the house powerwashed and the exterior windows washed. Trying to focus on the needs, not wants. 

Respected Contributor

Happy 4th of July everybody!!
My town celebrated yesterday! No clue why?😊 At least they remembered.
BH will be home today. He tried to make it home last night but he was in too much traffic.
Be careful if going out tonight. Looney's are out driving! Last night I could here the sirens and a fire truck.
Take care everybody.Brisk out...

Respected Contributor

RetRN, Wise move! ☺
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Happy 4th of July everybody!!
My town celebrated yesterday! No clue why?😊 At least they remembered.
BH will be home today. He tried to make it home last night but he was in too much traffic.
Be careful if going out tonight. Looney's are out driving! Last night I could here the sirens and a fire truck.
Take care everybody.Brisk out...

@Brisky 

I live in New Mexico.  The loons are out driving every night.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@rnmom, yes, 55 or 56 is my target retirement age too so it will be interesting what I decide once I get there. Leaving the paycheck will be hard but I feel ready to just be done. It will depend on what I have going on. If it was just me, I think I would be okay, however, I dont know if I will be okay enough to cover some relatives that may need some help. I would also like to move so I dont know what that would mean. A few unknowns.  It will be interesting....  

I do know one thing, the weekends seem to go by much too quickly these days. 

Anyway, have a nice holiday everyone. 

@aprilskies 

Proof I did something terribly wrong.  At that age I'd started all over with a new career.

Bad planning! Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Just bee, When has planning ever worked for anybody? Whenever I've climbed one mountain there is always another one in the way.
Keeping it jaded. ☺
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Just bee, When has planning ever worked for anybody? Whenever I've climbed one mountain there is always another one in the way.
Keeping it jaded. ☺

🤣

@Brisky 

Love it!  “Jaded” is definitely something I can relate to.  My kinda month.

Honored Contributor

I think I’ve finally discovered my dilemma with “stuff”.  

Some stuff I need and use.

Some stuff I like and use.

Some stuff I don’t need, don’t like, and don’t use.

My problem is that I often can’t tell the difference between them until I’ve bought them.  Then, if they fall into the third category, it’s too late.

Honored Contributor

Jaded

@Brisky 

@geezerette 

I figured we needed a mascot.