Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Jaded July

@rnmom wrote:

@just bee -Do you have a conference room where you work? If you do, I would just get a thank you card and address it to your "co-workers" in general, thanking them for their generosity and for thinking of you during your trying time. That way you can hopefully acknowledge the gift givers without being specific to any certain people. Maybe put it by the microwave or refridgerator where everyone will be able to see it. 

I certainly wouldn't worry about giving it back, they thought they were doing something kind and I think that trying to return the money would be kind of like a slap in the face. I like the idea of buying something nice for your new home, that way you can look at it and be reminded of the kindness of your co-workers. 

And chances are, if no one has even mentioned it within the last 2 months while your supervisor was sitting on it, no one will mention it now this late in the game. 

@rnmom 

@just bee 

Perfect!👍

Respected Contributor

People are so generous and kind when someone goes through a traumatic experience in their lives and want to help in some way.  I think it's great that they did this for you.  I like your idea of buying some momento in rememberance of their kindness to you when your house/yard is complete.  I also like the idea @rnmom suggested of putting a thank you note in the common area for your co-workers to see.  It is so nice to see that they reached out to you.

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermom 

@rnmom 

@geezerette 

And if I ever get back into the house and find just the right thing to plant, I can post photos.

Something covered with bumblebees.  Or hummers.  Or both.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Oh no! Is everything ok? I just noticed that there is no ComPact thread for August!

Contributor

I’ve been wondering the same.  Hope Justbee is ok.

Honored Contributor

@SKV 

@rnmom 

I hope everything is okay. 🤞

I wouldn't get too concerned just yet, ladies.  Remember @just bee mentioned earlier in the week that she would have to work extra shifts.  I’m sure she just hasn’t had time to come in here lately.  She’s probably exhausted.

❤️