Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Frugal February

@just bee wrote:

It's snowing! Woman Very Happy

@just bee,  I think New Mexico is going to be hit hard, at least, that is what I thought I read yesterday.  Is that true, how much are you expecting?  We are expecting ours to start tomorrow morning after morning traffic, but only 3-5 but who knows. Everyone you talk to around here is coming up with different totals, who knows what we will get. I do want a snowstorm though before the winter is over. Not a huge one, just a pretty one.

Stay safe.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee,  I think New Mexico is going to be hit hard, at least, that is what I thought I read yesterday.  Is that true, how much are you expecting?  We are expecting ours to start tomorrow morning after morning traffic, but only 3-5 but who knows. Everyone you talk to around here is coming up with different totals, who knows what we will get. I do want a snowstorm though before the winter is over. Not a huge one, just a pretty one.

Stay safe.

@aprilskies 

Enough to be pretty. Woman Happy

It snowed steadily all morning and now it's melting off the roof and the neighbors' cars.  We expect more this afternoon.

I better catch a nap now because I'll need to wake up early in case I have to drive to work in snow.

Spring in New Mexico.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Well, I missed my goals for January.  So, February became the new January.  Now that it’s past the middle of February and it’s been neither Frugal in purchasing or HEPing, March will have to be the new January, I guess.  Either that, or I just have to quit making goals for myself.

Everyone enjoy their snow.  We’re only getting rain.  But lots of it.  Maybe 5-6” in the next few days.  Which we absolutely don’t need.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Well, I missed my goals for January.  So, February became the new January.  Now that it’s past the middle of February and it’s been neither Frugal in purchasing or HEPing, March will have to be the new January, I guess.  Either that, or I just have to quit making goals for myself.

Everyone enjoy their snow.  We’re only getting rain.  But lots of it.  Maybe 5-6” in the next few days.  Which we absolutely don’t need.

@geezerette that is why I didnt set any goals. 😂 😂. However, no makeup or skincare purchases except for a beauty tool.  Wondering why I bought it since I don’t use the ones I have but, you know, still work in progress. I have looked at beauty sites and almost caved but I talked myself out of it.  

I am still not having frugal months but at least no beauty products that will sit on the shelf expiring. What I have tossed so far is just criminal.  I am not doing that again. At least, I am going to try. ☺️

HEP - don’t get me started. 😫

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Stay safe.

@aprilskies 

Enough to be pretty. Woman Happy

It snowed steadily all morning and now it's melting off the roof and the neighbors' cars.  We expect more this afternoon.

I better catch a nap now because I'll need to wake up early in case I have to drive to work in snow.

Spring in New Mexico.

@just bee, enjoy.  Be safe.  Ours is suppose to start tomorrow.  I hope it’s a pretty one. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies 

@geezerette 

Well, February's a short month and that's why it's good for practice.  Just use the final week as a rehearsal for the BIG show: March.

Or you can just rationalize it this way:

This is still winter.  I can't make any serious changes 'til spring. 

That buys you an extra 20 days.  To rehearse, of course.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee 

Where do you buy your Konjac sponges?  I had a couple tucked away that I started using after I parted ways with the Clarisonic.  They seem to work pretty good.  But, as usual when I find something I like, I haven’t been able to find the EcoTools brand lately at WalMart.  I can never tell with them whether they’ve discontinued the product or just haven’t gotten any more in yet.  They have another brand, but I’m not sure if all sponges are created equal.  I see that Amazon offers EcoTools (along with many other brands), but they seem rather high compared to WalMart prices.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Where do you buy your Konjac sponges?  I had a couple tucked away that I started using after I parted ways with the Clarisonic.  They seem to work pretty good.  But, as usual when I find something I like, I haven’t been able to find the EcoTools brand lately at WalMart.  I can never tell with them whether they’ve discontinued the product or just haven’t gotten any more in yet.  They have another brand, but I’m not sure if all sponges are created equal.  I see that Amazon offers EcoTools (along with many other brands), but they seem rather high compared to WalMart prices.

@geezerette 

I had to do a little research on this one!  I was having trouble tracking down the EcoTools sponges, too, so when I discovered Ulta was carrying Lumene products (not anymore!) I ordered some konjac sponges to beef up and get free shipping.

Earth Therapeutics konjac sponges are still on their website and they're on sale: Collagen, green tea, and vegetable (charcoal).  BOGO 1/2 off, $3.75-$5.00 each.

I ordered the collagen and green tea sponges, but the green tea is still in the package.  Still using the collagen and I don't have any issues with it.  Can't beat the price. Woman Very Happy

ETA:

When I ordered, there was no BOGO deal! Woman LOL

Trusted Contributor

A few weeks ago, I donated several bags of clothes to Goodwill.  Now I have around 50 (!) of those ultra-thin, non-slip, black flocked plastic resin hangers that I no longer need and don't know what to do with.  They are taking up valuable real estate in my closet and I'm tired of looking at them.

Goodwill won't accept them, DH loathes them and won't use them, and I've found that they really aren't very durable.  They easily snap in half.  The tubular cheapy plastic hangers are more durable than these things.  I'm thinking of either bundling them up and putting them out on the curb with a 'FREE' sign on them or just throwing them out.  Good thing they weren't very expensive.

I did purchase two beauty items at Costco the other day, so not being very frugal this month.  One was the Olay Regenerist serum, I really like it, and am thinking of going back to get another package before Costco's coupon expires.  Er, I told myself I wasn't going to get any more back-ups....but the price at Costco with their coupon is half the regular retail price (whining).  LOL!

Honored Contributor

@River Song 

Buying it on sale + actually using it = frugal. Woman Very Happy

Nice job on the purging!