Honored Contributor

ComPact 2019 – Down-to-Earth December

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.”  "Only the store, online no more!" “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Down-to-Earth December

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs! We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing. If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem. But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

HEPdogs & HEPcats

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee 

You're up awfully early today!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

I'm watching The Patriot.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

@geezerette 

I'm watching The Patriot.

@just bee 

🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

@just bee 

Good thing you only have about a decade left--you'll be blind before too long!👀

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Good thing you only have about a decade left--you'll be blind before too long!👀

@geezerette 

Great.  Then I'll be listening to The Patriot. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

shedder

I'm sure this is what the dog is thinking.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

shedder

I'm sure this is what the dog is thinking.

@just bee 

I'm sure!  

I could do without quite so much "joy and love"!  And slobber! 🤤

Honored Contributor

I was going to continue the serious discussion by @just bee and @aprilskies from yesterday until I realized that today is the start of a new month and a new thead.  And since I already feel cr@ppy this morning, I don't want to start the last month of the year on a depressing note.  So to keep it on the lighter side of life:

Outside of one more beauty purchase this month, I think I'm done with all my discretionary buys.  I caved a few weeks ago and bought a D&B bag, which I haven't done in ages.  I'm still not sure why I did.  And although it's beautiful and I really love it, I sure didn't need it and I don't even know how long I'll end up using it because it's just not practical for me anymore.  (There's that fantasy life popping up again!)  And I sure shouldn't be dropping that kind of money on frivolous stuff anymore, either.  

Oddly enough though, I don't feel guilty about buying it like I usually do when I pull bone-headed blunders like this.  And I have no intention of returning it either, even if it ends up in my closet and eventually gets donated.  And I have no idea why I feel this way.  Maybe because I truly do feel differently now and have a feeling that this time, this really will be my last frivolous purchase.

Ha!  Famous last words...🤭