Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Down-to-Earth December

Speaking of procrastination...

It's the last day of the year and of the decade and I have a list of things that need to (have to) be done before midnight.

Anyone else have plans?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Albuquerque's Clean and Green Retail Ordinance will take affect tomorrow.  The city has banned single-use plastic bags.

Which begs the question: What will retailers do with all those leftover bags?

The upside: This may curb the frequency of plastic bag tree decorations.  The bags blow all over the city and end up stuck in trees.  Looks swell.

Right now one is stuck under BH's vehicle.

The downside: The few people in ABQ who actually bend over and pick up their dog's sh_t with grocery store plastic bags will probably not invest in plastic bags designed for this purpose.

Watch where you step if you visit.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Happy New Year!  I just want to say how much I appreciate you all and am grateful to be posting with a great group of ladies. 

May the New Year bring happiness and fulfillment. 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Happy New Year!  I just want to say how much I appreciate you all and am grateful to be posting with a great group of ladies. 

May the New Year bring happiness and fulfillment. 

@aprilskies 

Backatcha! Heart

And I just walked my old New Balance shoes out to the garbage can.  Buh-bye, 2019...

Respected Contributor

Happy New year ladies!!! 2020 is here quickly.
I am hoping all your wishes come true!
DH and I are alone and we will have sparkling grape juice. We really are two squares.😳
Take it easy, have some fun or go to sleep.
See you all in 2020😊 Brisk out of 2019...
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Happy New Year Compact Friends!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

Happy New Year everyone!

I worked yesterday and was up at 5am so I was in bed at 9pm like my usual. I did wake up at 12:04 and heard hubby walking around so I wished him a happy new year. Then went back to sleep. I'm pretty lame too.

Maybe next year we'll try to do something more fun.

Valued Contributor

Happy New Year to all of you wonderful Compactors.  I had to laugh when I read JustBee's shoe post, as I have a pair of Ryka's with a flapping sole that I have by the door to throw on to go get the mail.  I keep looking at them to see if I should just pitch them.  I was able to purge my Christmas decorations, but still trying to use up old beauty purchases.  I keep a bag that I put clothes in to donate, but it sure is a slow process.