Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Accountable April

@aprilskies 

I do have to repeat that I was really impressed with my Ulta shipment.  Each item carefully wrapped and the plastic cases were pristine.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Wow!  As pretty as that wet n wild blush is (NARS dupe?), it looks as if I poured a container of glitter on my face.

I'm so... sparkly.

I think I'm feeling a lot better about the LG purchase!

Another review:

I pulled a new lip balm out of the stash: Burt's Bees Pink Grapefruit.  If you are a grapefruit fan, this is your lip balm.  They did a great job of capturing the scent and flavor.

I feel like I'm drinking a Greyhound! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

When I was working I really liked my job. I worked mostly with other ladies and maybe 10 men ,max. We got along very good and most of us stayed working together for years. One bad apple would throw us for a loop sometimes. It was usually a newbie who tried her best to make us feel inferior to her. Needless to say,we had each other's back. Thirty against one. No, they usually moved on. Thank God. Years working together is as close as family can get. I worked with the same people for years. We all varied in ages but that never mattered. We got along great!

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
When I was working I really liked my job. I worked mostly with other ladies and maybe 10 men ,max. We got along very good and most of us stayed working together for years. One bad apple would throw us for a loop sometimes. It was usually a newbie who tried her best to make us feel inferior to her. Needless to say,we had each other's back. Thirty against one. No, they usually moved on. Thank God. Years working together is as close as family can get. I worked with the same people for years. We all varied in ages but that never mattered. We got along great!

@Brisky 

I'll never understand why some people have to bring their drama to work.  All it takes is one or two disruptive influences to turn everything upside down and chase the good ones away.

Respected Contributor

I never understood why one or two would do it either.
Maybe they really thought they were superior to us.
This never worked out for them that well. They made the whole team 😠 If they were going to smash a long standing good employee, we united! Need I say more?
We really were a team. Miss that.I'll always remember those ladies. We were close. Good memories.
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I never understood why one or two would do it either.
Maybe they really thought they were superior to us.
This never worked out for them that well. They made the whole team 😠 If they were going to smash a long standing good employee, we united! Need I say more?
We really were a team. Miss that.I'll always remember those ladies. We were close. Good memories.

@Brisky 

Teamwork

Sounds like teamwork to me!

Respected Contributor

LOL, yes it was.
Respected Contributor

@just bee -Beautiful pictures! Yep, those are my babies! As soon the lake starts to thaw out they are getting wet. My older boy is 7 and he used to love to swim like crazy. Now he's not as thrilled about swimmng as he used to be, he's getting lazy, but he still loves to be wet and putter in the water. My girl is 5 and she still loves to swim. She'll do those running flying leaps when we throw a bumper or a frisbee into the water. All summer my house smells like wet dog. 

Respected Contributor

@aprilskies -Yep, we are definitely in nature, the lake has fish and the boys love to fish and they hunt here too. We CAN hike in our own backyard, but making the same lap around the lake gets a little boring after a while. We have a firepit out front right by the lake for weinie and marshmallow roasts. It's like our own personal little camp site. But you are right, it is a LOT of work. And it's expensive too. We have been here 7 years now and we'll probably stay til the kids are out of the house, then we'll decide if we want to move to something smaller and less work. That won't be for many years yet. 

Honored Contributor

@rnmom 

I can't help think you have some lucky kids and lucky dogs!  What a wonderful home you've made for them.