Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Accountable April

@geezerette 

I can compromise.  Adjust.  Settle.

This morning I had three mugs of black and I'm finishing up a mug of green.  Bangkok is a tasty green with coconut, ginger and vanilla.  Still caffeinated, just not as much.

I'm also becoming a fan of rooibos.  Kinda medicinal, but intriguing at the same time.

But if April is about stress relief, there's no way I'm giving up tea.  For me, tea is like a dog licking my face.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

I can compromise.  Adjust.  Settle.

This morning I had three mugs of black and I'm finishing up a mug of green.  Bangkok is a tasty green with coconut, ginger and vanilla.  Still caffeinated, just not as much.

I'm also becoming a fan of rooibos.  Kinda medicinal, but intriguing at the same time.

But if April is about stress relief, there's no way I'm giving up tea.  For me, tea is like a dog licking my face.

@just bee 

Apparently The World’s Greatest Dog doesn’t eat animal poop, like mine does.🤢

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

No, but he has the peculiar habit of burying things in the yard, then coming to me with a brown muzzle and a guilty look on his face.

I suspect he's giving things a Christian burial out there.  Whenever someone has to be in the yard to spray for bugs or repair something, he panics and digs up his victims, then relocates them.

He doesn't believe me when I tell him that no one wants his treasures.

I don't think he's a murderer.  I think he's cleaning up after the hawks.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

No, but he has the peculiar habit of burying things in the yard, then coming to me with a brown muzzle and a guilty look on his face.

I suspect he's giving things a Christian burial out there.  Whenever someone has to be in the yard to spray for bugs or repair something, he panics and digs up his victims, then relocates them.

He doesn't believe me when I tell him that no one wants his treasures.

I don't think he's a murderer.  I think he's cleaning up after the hawks.

@just bee 

🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

HEP update:

BH did something unusual this week: He brought home a pizza.

Our local pizza place makes a respectable product and the ingredients are both generous and high-quality.

Still, BH and I had the same response to this pizza: Meh.

We used to get two larges, but this time he bought one, our two favorite combos, half and half.

I never thought that my opinion of pizza as the perfect food item would ever change, but it has.  My mother, who waited tables at an Italian restaurant, told me she lived on it when she was pregnant with me so it seemed logical that I'd be born with a lifelong affection for it.

The concept still appeals to me, but I can scratch that itch with a slice of a frozen version, a salad and a glass of wine.  I just don't crave the take-out ones anymore.

What changed?

My palate, I imagine.  I'm so used to BH's cooking that anything I eat that he doesn't cook tastes odd.  And way too salty.

Now if only I could change my feelings towards pasta...

Honored Contributor

FUN update:

I started having some regrets about spending $16 on LG baked blushes even though the $32 I spent on two full-size products was less than what I paid for the LG palette in 2010.  And that was half the product, too.

It's just that I'm smitten with the wet n wild blushes I ordered and wonder if I should have just bought Milani baked blushes.  Similar colors.

But I do have to say this: The LG blushes have some real staying power.  As pretty as the wet n wild blushes are, they seem to fade faster.

I'll probably wear these on my days off and keep the LG blushes for work.  Must admit it's been fun playing with the new items.  The wet n wild blushes were 2 for $4 this week at Walgreens -- even less than what I'd paid for them. 

What can you buy for $4 that would be as much fun?

Honored Contributor

Stress Relief update:

Got home from work Friday morning and slept like a dead thing, then woke up and watched Papillon on cable.  Haven't seen it in years and forgot how impressive Steve McQueen was.

This morning I checked a couple things off my April to-do list, then took the dog out and about.

Just had a great afternoon shower and had turned the radio station from my normal AM talk to FM classic rock.  Just as I was complaining bitterly that classic rock stations never play The Who -- and they have 50+ years of music to play -- what did I hear?  Baba O'Riley.  After some Townshendesque arm swings I feel completely relaxed.

So many things that we take for granted are supremely therapeutic: A hot shower, clean clothes, a cup of tea, quality time with a pet, a great movie, conversation, a good laugh, a home-cooked meal, an Amstel Light or glass of wine.

If only I could capture that feeling after a shower.  There's nothing like it.  And to think I used to prefer baths.

What do you do that gives you that happy, relaxed feeling?

Honored Contributor

Of course, the downside of that shower was cutting my ankle while shaving and it hurts like a son-of-a-gun. Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

My favorite times are usually after mowing my back yard (riding Mower) I shower and get comfy and sit outside with my goldens and chat with them. I throw balls and they run to get them and never come back!!😁 I don't know why they call them Retrievers. Anyway, Brisk always let's Rosey have the ball in the end. He's a good boy. Sometimes I think she taught him to give her the ball in the end. 😊
Honored Contributor

@Brisky 

I can picture that!  I can smell the grass...

Catch!