Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Accountable April

[ Edited ]

@just bee, and others who have shared any purchases.  It was so nice to see what folks are buying or considering especially since I haven’t been buying makeup.  I simply dont need more but I miss pretty little things coming my way so I get a little thrill in seeing what others have coming. 😆 

As far as HEP, yep, in the toilet. But I am not giving up.  I know this is one area I really need to address.  First, I will start by making my doctor appointments.  I barely went last year or if at all. I think I am just tired of these appts. But it is time to get these in order. 

@Oshare-girl, yes eyeshadows palettes are a weakness for me too and so far I have been fighting the starry lights. I recently came across UD’s Game of thrones collection but I found it underwhelming and I am so glad. I simply dont need more eyeshadow but it isn’t really about that, is it?? 😂 😂 

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies 

It's so nice to have you back in the Pact!

I hear ya about work.  I actually like my job and, on many days, I love my job, but every few months we experience an upheaval that stresses the staff.  This is one of those upheaval periods and it's not pretty.

It might explain why I succumbed to eyeshadow and blush.  I needed some pretty in my life.  And pretty comes pretty cheap when you're looking at wet n wild and Rimmel on sale.

But I sat on my hands during the big tea sale. Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

My favorite lipstick was from Rimmel. Perfect shade of nude for my skin tone. Then they discontinued it!
That really bummed me out 😣 still missing it years later..Holding a grudge! I might let it go... Someday.😌
Trusted Contributor

Today I mailed a check to a local church for a space at their annual yard sale & flea market. I think this will be a good opportunity to finally get rid of a lot of the things that I won't outlive. I'm sure I'll end up with some extra money after subtracting the $20 fee for the space. The church is on a busy corner and always draws a good crowd. This will be on May 18, so I have plenty of time to round up inventory. I spent about 30 minutes this morning, and could't believe what I collected in just that small amount of time. Plus I found two old body creams and threw them out. Fingers crossed for fair weather.

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
My favorite lipstick was from Rimmel. Perfect shade of nude for my skin tone. Then they discontinued it!
That really bummed me out 😣 still missing it years later..Holding a grudge! I might let it go... Someday.😌

@Brisky 

In the 80s I found a discontinued Almay shade in the bargain bin at Longs.  It was a mature, sophisticated deep pink called "Barely Blush."  It was perfection.

I scoured every Longs in the Bay Area for additional tubes.  That was my lipstick. 

Have never found a replacement so I use tinted balm.  But I have the memory of great lips.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

Today I mailed a check to a local church for a space at their annual yard sale & flea market. I think this will be a good opportunity to finally get rid of a lot of the things that I won't outlive. I'm sure I'll end up with some extra money after subtracting the $20 fee for the space. The church is on a busy corner and always draws a good crowd. This will be on May 18, so I have plenty of time to round up inventory. I spent about 30 minutes this morning, and could't believe what I collected in just that small amount of time. Plus I found two old body creams and threw them out. Fingers crossed for fair weather.

@Caffeina 

That's so much better than setting up in your driveway!  I have a fantasy about a driveway sale but the house faces east and we are in direct sun.  Shoppers would enjoy the view, but if the sale was longer than two hours everything would be sun-damaged.  Including the shoppers.

I bet you'll find some things you've forgotten you have.  This sounds great!  Fingers, toes, eyes and legs crossed for good weather.

Honored Contributor

I still haven't ordered tea.

I told BH about my plan to use up what I have and he was pleased.  Eventually I'll run out of black tea and will have to switch to green.

I'm wondering if I should start thinking seriously about giving up caffeine.  After all, BH gave it up years ago.

There.  I've thought about it.  Time for another mug of tea.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I still haven't ordered tea.

I told BH about my plan to use up what I have and he was pleased.  Eventually I'll run out of black tea and will have to switch to green.

I'm wondering if I should start thinking seriously about giving up caffeine.  After all, BH gave it up years ago.

There.  I've thought about it.  Time for another mug of tea.

@just bee 

I’ve found it easier to transition to green tea during summer.  Something about warmer weather makes the need for that more intense taste of the black less, well, intense.  I have a nice jasmine green that I like, but I don’t care for it in the cooler weather.

I’ve also thought about quitting caffeine.  Figured I’d sleep better.  (If I slept at all, it would be better.)  But that thought only lasts until morning, when I have to function.  Or at least pretend to function.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

I was just looking at articles online about the many benefits of black tea consumption.  I'd rather fight than switch.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette 

I was just looking at articles online about the many benefits of black tea consumption.  I'd rather fight than switch.

@just bee 

😄

LSMFT!

(No cigarette emoji!  Darn political correctness!😤😄)