Honored Contributor

ComPact 2019 – Acceptance August

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.”  "Only the store, online no more!" “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Acceptance August

Hey, all you HEPcats and HEPdogs! We had discussed making the Healthy Eating thread a monthly jam session, so I just went ahead and did a little improvisation.

This is an invite to our crazy crib where you can come and break it down! I say we go 18 karat on this and really swing. If healthy eating’s not your bag, no problem. But if it is, I dig.

It’s cool, I’m booted, let’s jump!

HEPdog

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee 

Aha!  There you are! 👍  Glad to see you’re alive and kickin’. ❤️

Rough week? 

Honored Contributor

Thank you all for your concern.  Can you say brain f@rt?

I was convinced I was working last night but as it turns out I never actually agreed to it.  And you didn't hunt me down and squeeze a yes out of me?  They'll never make that mistake again.

Anyway, there will be plenty of opportunities to make it up but for now I will just be grateful for my night off and for the sleep I finally got this week.

Sleep deprivation!  That's my story and I'm sticking with it.  But now I have another motive for sticking with the ComPact.  I'm finally ComPacted (although there are always more opportunities to pare down further), but now I can use the thread to monitor my brain health.

Yes, you ladies can alert me when I start losing it.  It didn't occur to me until this morning as I was putting on makeup that I could crack open a new mascara.  Duh-uh!  Have you forgotten something?

Weird, because I knew it was a new month and I knew it was time to pay bills (which I haven't done yet) but I have been on autopilot.

Cue the theme from The Twilight Zone.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Rough week? 

@geezerette 

Not rough, exactly, just weird.  And not a bad week, either.  Again, just weird.

I really do feel I've entered The Twilight Zone.  It's been one weird thing after another and instead of getting riled up or freaked out, I just shrug and carry on.

I don't know if I've become numb or part of my brain has shriveled or if I've just reached that age where nothing surprises me anymore.  Whatever happens -- I'll just deal with it.

Ah... acceptance.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Rough week? 

@geezerette 

Not rough, exactly, just weird.  And not a bad week, either.  Again, just weird.

I really do feel I've entered The Twilight Zone.  It's been one weird thing after another and instead of getting riled up or freaked out, I just shrug and carry on.

I don't know if I've become numb or part of my brain has shriveled or if I've just reached that age where nothing surprises me anymore.  Whatever happens -- I'll just deal with it.

Ah... acceptance.

@just bee 

It’s probably all of the above.  After the last few months that you’ve been through, I think it’s only natural for you to decompress now that you have gotten at least a little more setttled.  I would say it’s to be expected.

I think that feeling/attitude/outlook, whatever you want to call it, happens when you experience a life-altering event.  You just start looking at everything so differently.  So many things become superficial.  

I know its happened to me the last fifteen months or so.  Your description of feeling like being in The Twilight Zone is apt.  I’ve been trying to find a way to describe how I feel about life now.  Sort of like a dream state.  It just doesn’t seem real.

Of course, as you’ve experienced, the problem comes in when real life does need to be lived.  Like going to your job.  And paying your bills.  (I have to remind myself of this concept constantly.)  In your mind it’s not important.  But as long as you’re still hanging out in this world, you need money to live, a roof over your head, and food to eat.  But don’t worry about it, you’re just coming down from all that stress.

Now if BH enters The Twilight Zone with you, you guys are in trouble. 😳

Respected Contributor

Glad to see the thread. Reminds me that very little surprises me any more at all! Realistically nothing really does... Hmm, I guess I have been around for along time. I can accept that.
Remember this saying. ( Everything you buy, you have to clean ) it's true and then you won't buy too much.
My father told me that,when he was alive.
He was right! Maybe this will help some of you.

I hope all is well with everybody, if not hang loose.☺
Respected Contributor

If it shows up at your door, your not thinking anymore!
Another to remember!
Put your money where it counts.... The bank!
Just kick me out, I won't shout!
Kick me not your dogs. 😀
Ok back to normal for awhile, anyway.
Have a good day. Brisk out...
Respected Contributor

@just bee -Glad to see that everything is ok! Thanks for starting the thread for August!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Rough week? 

@geezerette 

Ah... acceptance.

@just bee 

It’s probably all of the above.  After the last few months that you’ve been through, I think it’s only natural for you to decompress now that you have gotten at least a little more setttled.  I would say it’s to be expected.

I think that feeling/attitude/outlook, whatever you want to call it, happens when you experience a life-altering event.  You just start looking at everything so differently.  So many things become superficial.  

I know its happened to me the last fifteen months or so.  Your description of feeling like being in The Twilight Zone is apt.  I’ve been trying to find a way to describe how I feel about life now.  Sort of like a dream state.  It just doesn’t seem real.

Of course, as you’ve experienced, the problem comes in when real life does need to be lived.  Like going to your job.  And paying your bills.  (I have to remind myself of this concept constantly.)  In your mind it’s not important.  But as long as you’re still hanging out in this world, you need money to live, a roof over your head, and food to eat.  But don’t worry about it, you’re just coming down from all that stress.

Now if BH enters The Twilight Zone with you, you guys are in trouble. 😳

@geezerette 

Like a dream state.  There is something to that.  I don't want to use the word "surreal" because it's just so overused these days.  But it does feel like my brain has rearranged itself.  Parts are definitely numb while others are more... attuned.  To weirdness.

Well, if I'm going to be in a dream state I might as well be in one with you.  Eventually we'll wake up.  Better be a sturdy black tea brewing.