Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2019 – Acceptance August

@just bee wrote:

@Coquille wrote:

@just bee  Hi. I just wanted to see how y'all are doing! As always, you doing fine and coming along. If you and hubby decide to get Sirius XM, haggle with them. We've had the basic package for at least 4/5 years now and never paid more than $100.00 a year. When our year ran out thus past January, I bargain them down to $84.00. Tell them that you know someone that was offered that price and work from there. I'm sure the'll give you the $100.00 pkg.. Again, it's the basic pkg..

You, puppy and hubby take care and stay well!

@Coquille 

Good to know!  I don't know what happened to FM radio but it's not what I grew up with.  I spend more time listening to AM.

I look at a band like The Who and think: 50+ years of music and they play two songs?  Really?

Now I regret leaving all those boxes of cassette tapes after the fire.  I'd recorded hours and hours of FM radio from the 70s.  Back when they actually played music on the radio.  Radio stations that don't even exist anymore.

I still feel some loyalty to radio, though.  I need access to what's happening in my world: Traffic and weather reports, local talk, advertising.

None of that is important to BH so chances are he'll keep getting Sirius.

Good to hear from you, C!

@just bee  Don't get me started talking about music, radio stations, etc.. The old expression, "Everything old is new again", will never apply to them! How sad!! The world is changing and we must change with it but still try to hold on to what is dear to us. 

As far as your tapes, you've done a great job of moving on and putting up with ..... 👏👏👏 Give a hug to puppy and hubby. You've all been through the mill!😘

Labor Day is here and all the stores will be having sales so, stock up on cleansers, cosmetics etc..  Buy something good for yourself. You deserve it!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

I bought the Walmart Earth to Skin sample box.  Not for me, I’m afraid.  

As with most drugstore brands, the smell was off putting.  I picked the Honey as I figured that would be the best for my skin and the least fragrant.  My first reaction when I looked at the ingredients and saw that “fragrance” was about halfway through the list was to nix it.  But I smelled it, and I thought I could handle it.  Nope.  Even the cleanser was too much—I had to wash again with the CeraVe.  And it wasn’t a pleasant fragrance to me.

And it’s not that inexpensive, either.  Oh, the price is right, but the sizes are very small.  The full sized cleanser wasn’t even 5 oz.  That would have lasted me two weeks, if I used it sparingly.

Another time I should have listened to my gut and “just said ‘no’”.

@geezerette 

I couldn't decide on a particular food item: Tea, honey, fruit or veggie.  I just know the cleansers were too small and too pricey.  And I'd have to actually get in my car and drive to a store and shop.

Lost my appetite!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Oh, my.  I was just looking at the Ulta site (don't ask) and noticed they offer CeraVe.  And it's on sale.

Watch.  I'll stock this stuff then winter will come and my face will be so dry that it cracks open and I'll bleed to death.

Okay, maybe not that extreme, but dry.

@just bee 

I also find it drying, but then, anything other than something loaded with oils is drying for me right now.  I’m not sure I can use it during it during the winter when our humidity is actually tolerable.  

But I’m not going back to the creamy, drain-clogging stuff.  Without any other moisturizer, even the creamy stuff is drying to a degree.  And I’ll never remember to treat my drains on a regular basis.

But I also don’t want to use the oils anymore, either.  Guess I’ll just look like a snake shedding its skin.

@geezerette 

I had a pretty decent supply of oils.  Three were in the fridge and I never got the chance to try them.

PC cleanser is thick; I wonder if that contributed to my slow drains.  CeraVe is certainly easier to rinse off.

Must decide...

I used to think I would end up looking like this:

Neapolitan

Now I think I'm going to look more like this:

Iguana

Dry patches, weird growths, too much brown eye shadow, dewlap...

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Coquille wrote:

@just bee  Don't get me started talking about music, radio stations, etc.. The old expression, "Everything old is new again", will never apply to them! How sad!! The world is changing and we must change with it but still try to hold on to what is dear to us. 

As far as your tapes, you've done a great job of moving on and putting up with ..... 👏👏👏 Give a hug to puppy and hubby. You've all been through the mill!😘

Labor Day is here and all the stores will be having sales so, stock up on cleansers, cosmetics etc..  Buy something good for yourself. You deserve it!

@Coquille 

Holding off as long as I can.  It'll have to be a REALLY good sale! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@just bee 

Continuing with the beauty disappointments, I reached for my Konjac sponge this morning while washing up and my thumb went right through a new big hole.  That was my last EcoTool sponge; I won’t be buying any more of that brand, at least.

I just started on the first of my box of Kohle sponges a couple of weeks ago, so I’ll see how they go.  If they end up dissolving just weeks after new, I’m done.  It will be back to washcloths.  I won’t be bothered by this kind of superficial nonsense anymore.  My mind, or what’s left of it, is going in another direction that doesn’t involve spending precious time, energy and money looking for the perfect beauty products or procedures.  I really am not sure why I ever got into this stuff to begin with.  

Respected Contributor

Hi all, Seems like my last post was two years ago.
Been physically and mentally foggy for awhile. When my brother passed at first I felt relief because of how much he suffered. After the ceremony I realized I felt totally empty. Exhausted in every way.
I am feeling better now. Thanks for all your thoughts everybody!
Simple September sounds great to me!!! Let's hope it is Simple!!!
Everybody at my house is back in school.😁
I love being alone in the mornings.
Take care everybody. Brisk out...

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee 

Continuing with the beauty disappointments, I reached for my Konjac sponge this morning while washing up and my thumb went right through a new big hole.  That was my last EcoTool sponge; I won’t be buying any more of that brand, at least.

I just started on the first of my box of Kohle sponges a couple of weeks ago, so I’ll see how they go.  If they end up dissolving just weeks after new, I’m done.  It will be back to washcloths.  I won’t be bothered by this kind of superficial nonsense anymore.  My mind, or what’s left of it, is going in another direction that doesn’t involve spending precious time, energy and money looking for the perfect beauty products or procedures.  I really am not sure why I ever got into this stuff to begin with.  

@geezerette 

Really horrified by the EcoTools experience.  That used to be a dependable product.  I have one more in the stash.  If it dissolves, I'm done.

I've been using the Earth Therapeutics aloe sponge and it seems to be holding up pretty well.

Earth Therapeutics

I just don't understand why the sponges aren't drying as quickly as they used to.  Is this house damp?  Doubt it.

Ulta usually has this creature on sale.  Not now, and there are only two varieties on the site.  Must be heading towards Discontinuania...

Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
Hi all, Seems like my last post was two years ago.
Been physically and mentally foggy for awhile. When my brother passed at first I felt relief because of how much he suffered. After the ceremony I realized I felt totally empty. Exhausted in every way.
I am feeling better now. Thanks for all your thoughts everybody!
Simple September sounds great to me!!! Let's hope it is Simple!!!
Everybody at my house is back in school.😁
I love being alone in the mornings.
Take care everybody. Brisk out...

@Brisky 

Well, you've just been through something huge.  At first you're so busy with the responsibilities you don't realize you're in shock.  Once the dust settles, you start to realize what's happened and you're shocked all over again.

You wake up -- if you can sleep -- and the first question is: Did this really happen or did I dream it?  Reality sets in, then shock again.  And everything else that goes with it: Sadness, regret, fatigue, worry.

I don't think it hurts to keep communicating with the person you've lost.  I wouldn't do it in the grocery check-out, but there are certainly ways of acknowledging a person to let him/her know you miss them and are thinking about them.

A good time is in the morning when you think you're alone.

Respected Contributor

I have seen some crazy acting people out there. LOL
I remember being behind a woman at a bank and she was yelling at the teller because she had some problems with her card. No money.
I just kept backing up while the poor teller called management. Trust me, that customer needed anger management!
I think I fly underneath the radar in public. Like a cool cat.I don't fly that way.

Agreeable grey! Well, how acceptable! My second house was all light grey. I loved it.
No candles, no pure Grace. Hmm, that's a fire for you.

Loved Carl looking at the clock and then deciding to clean up! Well done and too darn cute!
Honored Contributor

@Brisky wrote:
I have seen some crazy acting people out there. LOL
I remember being behind a woman at a bank and she was yelling at the teller because she had some problems with her card. No money.
I just kept backing up while the poor teller called management. Trust me, that customer needed anger management!
I think I fly underneath the radar in public. Like a cool cat.I don't fly that way.

Agreeable grey! Well, how acceptable! My second house was all light grey. I loved it.
No candles, no pure Grace. Hmm, that's a fire for you.

Loved Carl looking at the clock and then deciding to clean up! Well done and too darn cute!

@Brisky 

If only I could get Carla to do that! 😄🐾🐾