Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 -- Optimistic October

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@just bee 

Excellent point! Time and energy on acquiring stuff.

George Carlin routine on- Stuff! Brilliant so true. Never gets old. 

@Sweet_Serenity

Yes -- Carlin's take on "stuff" was spot-on.  I'm reminded of it every time I read a post about buying more storage bins or storage sheds.

Near the bosque in Albuquerque, they're building an enormous storage unit facility.  It had just been open space and now it will store more stuff.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I think this month is aptly named, it needs to be optimistic. I am keeping my goals simple:

HEP, this one is most important to me this month and since it is the start of a fresh month, it feels like a fresh start. Just cutting back on the amount of junk food and exercising more. Nothing crazy but slow and steady. I have never been a stress eater, but I am sure one now. I prefer the opposite. 

Decluttering- I will continue. 

I had a couple more but no, keeping it simple so I can try and focus on HEP. I think @geezerette said, no more self sabotage and that couldn't be more true.  

Looking forward to October. 

Honored Contributor

@just bee 

Thread monthly helps in more ways than you can imagine. Sometimes seeing in writing goals others are striving for motivates someone else. 

Honored Contributor

A gentle reminder...

Not only is it a new month, but it's a new quarter.  Today's the day to pitch/replace things like your "old" mascara, toothbrush, water pitcher filter, razor blade, sponges -- whatever.

I'm starting the month with my final tube of Lumene CC cream. Woman Sad

I need to find a pen pal in Finland.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

I think this month is aptly named, it needs to be optimistic. I am keeping my goals simple:

HEP, this one is most important to me this month and since it is the start of a fresh month, it feels like a fresh start. Just cutting back on the amount of junk food and exercising more. Nothing crazy but slow and steady. I have never been a stress eater, but I am sure one now. I prefer the opposite. 

Decluttering- I will continue. 

I had a couple more but no, keeping it simple so I can try and focus on HEP. I think @geezerette said, no more self sabotage and that couldn't be more true.  

Looking forward to October. 

@aprilskies

Well, there were plenty of O-word options, and I was leaning towards Orderly because we certainly need some order these days.  I passed on Outspoken because if I posted what I really wanted to say on some of these threads I'd be instantly banned.  Need to remind myself to avoid the other forums.

So you're right: Keep it simple, keep it positive.

Oh, shoot.  I'm missing my episode of Classical Stretch.

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@just bee 

Thread monthly helps in more ways than you can imagine. Sometimes seeing in writing goals others are striving for motivates someone else. 

@Sweet_Serenity

I know it helps me to know that we're all dealing with similar concerns and we haven't given up on how we want things to be. 

Aren't these ComPacters just the best?

Honored Contributor

@just bee 

Special Thanks!! Heading to swim class. See you soon. Heart

Honored Contributor

Still tossing an item a day even if it means tossing a week's worth at once.

Yesterday I put a new sticker on my license plate.  What do I do with my annual registration paperwork?  The same thing I do with my AAA road service paperwork.  I open the glove compartment and shove it in there.

This time I opened my glove compartment and before I put the new registration in there, I removed years of old registration and AAA paperwork.

Went one step further: I removed my collection of parking permits.

A whole stack of stuff was removed and shredded.

Why was it there in the first place?  Just another example of taking a minute to do something that has long term benefits.

Honored Contributor

I've purchased some Acure Organics products -- mostly oils and shampoo/conditioner -- and I've liked many of the items.  I was drawn to their website because it seemed like a company that didn't take itself too seriously and it had a sense of humor.

They've been redesigning their website.  It'll be up and running on this day, they said.  I'd check and it was still down.  We'll be back on this date!  No, you're still not there.

We played this little game for weeks.  I started to get concerned because it started to feel like a security-breach instead of a new design.

Anyway, the site is back -- not much of a design change, by the way -- and there are a few new products.  But there are also several missing in action.  I was getting ready to line up their body washes as replacements for my old philosophy and B&BW shower gels once they're gone.  Now they're gone.

Maybe they're just reformulating?  If so, why not say that on the website?

So I found their Facebook page.  Let me preface this by saying that I don't do Facebook.  At any rate, it was an interesting experience.  I'd noticed when they did their big repackaging change that the lightheartedness and humor went the way of the old packaging.

The Facebook page is revealing.  And slightly pedantic.  And definitely political.  Why can't I buy a "cruelty-free" product without getting a lecture?

Hmmm.  So now I'm on hold.  I won't be purchasing any more of their products unless I run out of shampoo and conditioner.  I need time to line up a new company.

Honored Contributor

@rnmom

It sounds like HEP has become a concern here.  You, @aprilskies and @geezerette have all mentioned a need to focus a little more attention on it.

Same here.  I almost went to Rebel Donuts yesterday for a maple cream donut.  Right now I have nothing snacky in the house.  No baked items, no ice cream, no salty/crunchy stuff.

I don't even have any Amstel Light!

What's worse is that I might have to switch peanut butter.  I've been a loyal Skippy creamy girl, but these last two vats from Costco have been... different.  I've had to stir the product because there's been so much oil in the jar.  Like, pools of oil.

BH stood in the kitchen and read the label -- ingredient by ingredient.

Why don't you just buy peanut butter?, he asked.

When a person can't even count on Skippy, you know the world is getting inhospitable.

And now I have to go toast some bread and pour my peanut-flavored oil on it.  Yum.