Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Now November

The clock was ticking on my tea offer so I went ahead and ordered three items.

Picked up more apples at the growers market today because I want my sister to try them.  Good news: They voted to extend the season one more week so I can get more apples next weekend.

And I scored a business card so now I know where they grow them if I want a big box.

I might! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

I've hit pan and used up many eyeshadows, but I don't think I've ever hit pan on a powder blush. I have used up many cream blushes though. I used to love the Maybelline Dream Mousse blush and of course, like everything, it's been discontinued for a while now. It was just the perfect consistency, I loved it. Haven't found a replacement for it that I really like as well yet and probably never will. 

Speaking of discontinued items, I've been using Not Your Mother's After Curfew Unscented hairspray for a while now and really like it. Of course, now I can't find it. I used to order it from Ulta but couldn't find it online or in the store. I looked at Kroger yesterday where they also sell the brand and couldn't find it there either. Sigh. So I picked up a couple of cheap cans of Suave unscented until I can find a suitable replacement. So frustrating. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

Have you seen the how many years of _____ product series on YouTube? It's so interesting! There's a group of ladies that have been doing how many years of eyeshadow, blush, lipstick, etc. One gal has on average 150 years of each! Wow. If you're interested in seeing how much you have, they have a formula for it. I haven't done it out of sheer fear. Do I really want to know?

I hit pan on a highlighter. It was the birthday gift from Urban Decay last year. It took over a year to do that. I am constantly amazed at how long it takes me to use up products.

Yes, @Oshare-girl,  I have been trying to use up products, and I have realized that I have not hit pan in any blushes, eyeshadlows, and highlighters. And some of them I've been using for years.  That is the reason that I have not been buying any blushes, eyeshadows and highlighters. And I am staying strong with NO BUY for those products for November.  What I really need to be doing is a absolutely NO BUY for anhy beauty products and clothes for November.   But I don't think I can do it (All those good deals and Holiday Sets!!).  So, I will just stick with blushes, eyeshadows and highlighters for now.

@momoftwo2007, you at least have some major categories covered.  That should help and not add to those things you have a ton of. I am trying for a no buy on makeup in November.  But realize that considering the month and the holiday season, I might not be successful.  Still I am going to try. 

The only thing that I might cave on if the price is right is another Bare Minerals Foundation because they have a new formula that is suppose to be good.  It is the one for acne. I dont have acne but am curious,  But, I guess there will always be another sale. 

It will be interesting to see how November and December go. Those sales and kits are hard to resist. 

@aprilskies

You can do it!  NOW is the time to be strong!  💪

@geezerette, thanks, my strategy is too keep my nose out of it. If I dont know, I wont care.  Your right, it is time to focus on NOW!!  I think I will have to put signs up. So easy to lose the focus.

I need a new mattress so I am going to focus on that instead. 

Respected Contributor

Down to one of everything of the basics, you ladies reminded me of my original goal.  I can do it with skincare if I am diligent. I have been making an effort lately to use things. The last few weeks I have been focusing on certain products and half used products.  It is time to move these things out. I am also working on my body scrubs. I have 3 so not too bad. I am almost finished with one. 2 are from Isomers and they are several years old. I just dont use body scrubs.  Skincare, I am on a replacement only and only if I don’t have another product to substitute. 

While I dont like using old products, I am happy I am using this stuff instead of throwing it out like I usually do.  

Makeup and haircare are another story, It will take years unless I just bite the bullet and declutter again. I am not ready to do that just yet. 

@Oshare-girl, it would be interesting to calculate how many years of eyeshadow we have. 

All of you ladies hitting pan are making me jealous. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

I would love to find a nice caramel and vanilla tea.  Either together or separate. 

@aprilskies

I hear ya!  I'm also looking for a nice caramel and vanilla shower gel.

Once I'm done with the ones I have now, of course.

@just bee, I do have a vanilla bean macaron tea that I have been drinking lately. It is not bad. I think I will cut up a chocolate covered caramel and see if it will melt in there next time. It might do the trick.

That scent in a shower gel would be divine. 

Honored Contributor

e.l.f.

March 2011.  Drugstore dot com.  I ordered three of these at $1.49 each.  Two were "Butternut" and one was "Nouveau."

I must have used one of the Butternut palettes because it looks like I only have the two left -- all neutrals -- and I've been using these exclusively.

e.l.f. doesn't make these anymore (of course they don't), but I really like them.  Colors (in the brown and copper family) are flattering.  Not the colors pictured above.

Tiny little buck-and-a-half palettes and it still takes a long time to use them up!  But that's what I'm using right now and I haven't gone blind yet.

Crazy, huh?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

e.l.f.

This kinda looks like the Butternut collection, but this appears to be more matte.  I have something with more shimmer.

Trusted Contributor

A couple weeks ago I took 3 dozen glass votive candle holders to Goodwill. They were leftover supplies from my former candlemaking days. This weekend I found more votive candle holders and other assorted candle accessories from my personal use collection, scattered in a few different furniture storage areas. I packed up 20 of them that I personally won't use or miss, plus some votive candles and tapers I don't like, and they'll be taken to Goodwill sometime this week.

I rarely mention buying something I don't need, but last night I did just that. I bought the Mally 8-piece Evercolor Shadow Sticks, the Beauty IQ Steal. It took me 3 days to justify the purchase to myself. At least it's not included in my committed no-buys of home fragrance or bath and body products.

Valued Contributor

Well, I made it through the weekend without ordering Josie's TSV, only to find it still available this morning.  As I was sitting here trying to decide where I was going to store it, I came across you wonderful people.  Thank you for saving me $80.  Josie may have another TSV before I need anything. 

I have so enjoyed catching up with all your comments and, I too, could just put my name in place of all of you.  I still have so much stash, including tea, to use up and still shop for more. 

I have gone WFPB starting Feb 1, and I can't imagine ever going back to my old way of eating.  I had checked out so many diets, you would swear I was certified dietician, but never heard of whole foods plant based.  I found Sweet Serenity's post in wellness while trying to decide what to give up for Lent.  My husband has remarked so many times that this is the first he has ever seen me stick to anything.  There is endless info out there if anyone is interested. 

I wish all of you the best in this upcoming shopping season.  Hugs, not hauls.

Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

A couple weeks ago I took 3 dozen glass votive candle holders to Goodwill. They were leftover supplies from my former candlemaking days. This weekend I found more votive candle holders and other assorted candle accessories from my personal use collection, scattered in a few different furniture storage areas. I packed up 20 of them that I personally won't use or miss, plus some votive candles and tapers I don't like, and they'll be taken to Goodwill sometime this week.

I rarely mention buying something I don't need, but last night I did just that. I bought the Mally 8-piece Evercolor Shadow Sticks, the Beauty IQ Steal. It took me 3 days to justify the purchase to myself. At least it's not included in my committed no-buys of home fragrance or bath and body products.

@Caffeina

I rarely burn candles but somehow I have candles all over the house.  This is the type of thing you feel obligated to buy when you have a home and have people over.

Look.  We have scented candles on our guest bathroom counter.  Ooh -- and...

dust catcher

... this, too!

And now I'm going to spend the next three days dusting all this cr@p because we're going to have guests.  Then BH said: Are you going to call Stanley Steamer to have the carpets cleaned?

The calculator in my brain went to work.  I'd rather put my guests in a bed and breakfast than clean carpets that I didn't even want in my house in the first place.

You buy your first house then spend the rest of your life telling yourself that if you ever do it again you'd do it differently.