Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Now November

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee@PaLady1, I think Palady had it right. NOW is the time for less.

It is even time for less headaches@, @geezerette.  Yesterday made my third order to get delivered to the wrong place. Third. I have not had that happen before. It has been 3 in a couple of months now.  I know things happen, but 3, what are these delivery people smoking.  But instead of being irritated at them, NOW is the time for less ordering and minimizing what is coming in. I need to do that anyway. I have a couple of more deliveries coming, one I am not concerned with, but the other one, I am anxious to receive.  But, should I be feeling anxious about deliveries. Sheesh.  Not major world problems. 

HEP, forget it, it has just been horrendous and getting worse and we are going into the holiday season fast.  Since today starts a new month, I will try and be mindful how much I am consuming. No time like NOW.  I cant believe how hard it is. 

And, you know, I am simply tired of organizing, how many times can I organize only to find myself in the same boat. I know upkeep is an ongoing process, but this is silly now, I spend way too much time organizing and reorganizing things I am not even really sure I need.  Plus, you know what dawned on me, with all of these deliveries, all it does is create more work, whether I need to make extra phone calls to resolve, finding places for all fo the things and the worse dealing with all of the boxes I now have to break down and toss.  Some of that packaging is downright wasteful. And then we wonder, how the earth is getting destroyed.  It is time to think about consumption. 

I better run, I feel a rant coming on....

NOW is the time for less.  NOW is the time for a new mindset. NOW, how do we begin to break old habits. 

@aprilskies

I think you summed up things pretty well.

I say the best way to break old habits is to replace the old one with a new "better" habit.

What new habit will you adopt this month?

@just bee

There are so many that I should adopt.  It’s a great idea, though.  Should start out small and then work up to adopting a new, good/healthy habit each month,

It sounds good. 

Honored Contributor

Hamster?  Did someone say hamster?

Hamster_

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Yes.  They're HEPsters.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee

It worked.  You got a chuckle out of me. Hehe.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee, lol on the creme savers.  Wow, can you ration, I cant believe you have any left.  That is amazing. You are lucky, those are just delis. Be happy I just cant jump on a plane, I would clean you out. Woman LOL

@aprilskies

The wrapper is a little sticky on the inside, but the candy still tastes great! Woman LOL

Speaking of candy, I was saddened that See's Candies closed its store at our local mall.  Have I ever shopped there?  No.  But See's was a big part of my life when I was younger.  My parents always had a box of chocolates in the house and they would often send me a pound of strawberry creams when I was in college.

But guess what?  See's has returned to Albuquerque.  The store reopened in the same mall.  Something about that made me happy.  I went online to look at all the varieties my parents liked best.

And then I saw the price of a 5-pound box: $127.50.

😱

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee, lol on the creme savers.  Wow, can you ration, I cant believe you have any left.  That is amazing. You are lucky, those are just delis. Be happy I just cant jump on a plane, I would clean you out. Woman LOL

@aprilskies

The wrapper is a little sticky on the inside, but the candy still tastes great! Woman LOL

Speaking of candy, I was saddened that See's Candies closed its store at our local mall.  Have I ever shopped there?  No.  But See's was a big part of my life when I was younger.  My parents always had a box of chocolates in the house and they would often send me a pound of strawberry creams when I was in college.

But guess what?  See's has returned to Albuquerque.  The store reopened in the same mall.  Something about that made me happy.  I went online to look at all the varieties my parents liked best.

And then I saw the price of a 5-pound box: $127.50.

😱

@geezerette

That was my weekly salary -- before taxes -- in 1983.

Honored Contributor

Just got an email from Alegria and they added 48 new styles to their sale page.  I usually delete without looking but today, while I was waiting for water to boil ON THE STOVE, I perused the sale items.  I came up with eight pairs that I'd consider buying.

Do I need more Alegrias?

Of course not.  I have pairs I haven't even worn.

I'm not ordering.  I guess that's progress.

But I'm seriously considering buying a new electric kettle! Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

I went online to look for images of my Farberware tea kettle.  This is similar to what I have on the stove right now:

kettle

There are several of these photos and this kettle is being referred to as "vintage."

Some claim theirs is from the '60s.  Others are going as far as calling it "Mid-Century."

And, to be fair, maybe this was an old design that Farberware brought back to be "retro."  I can't remember if I bought this in the '80s or the '90s.

All I know is that this thing doesn't work.  I have spilled and splattered more water this morning.  No, it's not me.  It's the poorly designed kettle.

I want my electric kettle back.

Honored Contributor

Salton

My kettle.  The plastic push button on the plastic lid is failing.  I might just have to get dressed and go buy a tea kettle and a corkscrew today.

Or I could stop drinking tea and wine.

I'm getting dressed.

Honored Contributor

My sister has told me that one of my first words was "tea."  It's even documented in my baby book.

How did I develop this habit for tea when it takes so #&@%ing long to boil water?