Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Now November

@geezerette wrote:

Sometimes I think if I just could live like my parents did, I’d have a lot less to worry about.

@geezerette

There's definitely something to that.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

I'm trying to straighten up the house and I feel like I'm just rearranging the dog hair.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

The clock was ticking on my tea offer so I went ahead and ordered three items.

Picked up more apples at the growers market today because I want my sister to try them.  Good news: They voted to extend the season one more week so I can get more apples next weekend.

And I scored a business card so now I know where they grow them if I want a big box.

I might! Woman LOL

@just bee

I really wish I could get into your love of apples.  I’ve never been much of a fan.  Every time I buy a couple, they end up sitting around and rotting.  It’s not that I dislike them, it’s just that I don’t particularly like them, if that makes any sense.  

I’m going to try the plain, organic peanut butter again, and I thought I would get an apple or two to go with it.  Maybe both together will be better than either alone!

@geezerette

I'm surprised I can still type.  I was in the middle of typing my previous message to you about green tea before the phone rang and I made the mistake of answering it.

My idea of putting my sister and her husband in the B&B near my house fell through because they don't have available beds this week.  So she emailed me and said they were looking at staying at a motel/hotel very close to where I work.  Not a good choice.

So then she called me.  I think the last time we spoke on the phone was ten years ago when I was trying to make arrangements for my ailing mother and by the time I got off the phone with my sister I got the call that my mother had died and I wasn't there.  No, I was going to be there, but then my phone rang.

I have to live with that.

But back to apples.  I've covered these with that organic peanut butter and it makes the peanut butter taste so much better!  Now that I'm getting used to it not being Skippy, I'll be able to transition to it on cinnamon raisin bread.

I'm starting to get feeling back in my arm again.  I'm not used to holding a phone to my ear for that amount of time.  My arm was so useless that I couldn't even open the dog's kibble container.  Funny, I had no problem opening those big tins with the dog faces on them that I had for 20 years -- until BH took them to Goodwill and replaced them with this thing I can't open if I close it too tightly to begin with.

There.  I've vented.

@just bee

I can relate.  I just saw my sisters this summer when they came to visit me.  Before that, I hadn’t seen either one since 2006, when our mother died.  We exchange phone calls on our birthdays and always end up talking so long that every time I hang up I wonder why on earth we don’t call each other more often on a regular basis.  

I did put them up in a motel while they were here, mostly because I think they didn’t want to stay with Carla after all this time of me complaining about her destroying things, like the entire house.  It worked out well for them; in fact, I think they liked it better than if they had stayed here.  The only thing I didn’t like was that because they weren’t here for the nights, I missed all those hours that they had together in the motel talking while I was here by myself.

Whatever you decide, I hope you have a wonderful visit with your sister.

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I'm trying to straighten up the house and I feel like I'm just rearranging the dog hair.

😂  I always feel like that!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee

I can relate.  I just saw my sisters this summer when they came to visit me.  Before that, I hadn’t seen either one since 2006, when our mother died.  We exchange phone calls on our birthdays and always end up talking so long that every time I hang up I wonder why on earth we don’t call each other more often on a regular basis.  

I did put them up in a motel while they were here, mostly because I think they didn’t want to stay with Carla after all this time of me complaining about her destroying things, like the entire house.  It worked out well for them; in fact, I think they liked it better than if they had stayed here.  The only thing I didn’t like was that because they weren’t here for the nights, I missed all those hours that they had together in the motel talking while I was here by myself.

@geezerette

They've made reservations and I'm planning on paying for the hotel.  They're resisting, but we'll have that discussion when they get here.

They have accepted the offer of my car.  Now all I have to do tomorrow is continue rearranging dog hair, vote, get new tires and get my car washed.

I better warn them about the Takata airbags.

Trusted Contributor

I have been so good this season. I haven't bought anything that I don't need and I don't have anything, but essentials in my stash. But, and you know what I mean,

I love all of the pretty IT pallets for the Holidays! 

I just received the IT Girl palette from IT.com for the holdidays and it is perfect! Love it. Well, now the Q has their Holiday IT palette and I want that one too. I bought and used us the one from last year and this one is much better!

The Q palettes are perfect for travel. Oh, I hate this time of year!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee

@geezerette

They've made reservations and I'm planning on paying for the hotel.  They're resisting, but we'll have that discussion when they get here.

They have accepted the offer of my car.  Now all I have to do tomorrow is continue rearranging dog hair, vote, get new tires and get my car washed.

@just bee

Yep, mine did too.  But I prepaid the motel when I made the reservations so they had no choice.

I'm sure they won’t even notice the dog hair or dirty car.  Voting you have to do, and new car tires are probably a good idea since you’re loaning out your car.  The air bags?  Not much you can do about them.  Except make sure your brakes are in good working order so maybe they won’t be needed.

Have fun!

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

I have been so good this season. I haven't bought anything that I don't need and I don't have anything, but essentials in my stash. But, and you know what I mean,

I just received the IT Girl palette from IT.com for the holdidays and it is perfect! Love it. Well, now the Q has their Holiday IT palette and I want that one too. I bought and used us the one from last year and this one is much better!

@Squirrel Lover

Good for you on being good!🙂

I think you’re just living up to your signature quote.  You’re being moderate.  You just are doing it all at once.  If you overindulge a little at this time of year for things you really love and will use, it’s not a big deal, since you were able to have self-control up until now.

You’re doing much better than I have.  😏

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Squirrel Lover wrote:

@Squirrel Lover

Good for you on being good!🙂

I think you’re just living up to your signature quote.  You’re being moderate.  You just are doing it all at once.  If you overindulge a little at this time of year for things you really love and will use, it’s not a big deal, since you were able to have self-control up until now.

You’re doing much better than I have.  😏

@geezerette

@Squirrel Lover

It's not really an issue if you buy something you love and use.  The problem is buying something that you end up never using.  Enjoy them!

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette

@just bee

Yep, mine did too.  But I prepaid the motel when I made the reservations so they had no choice.

I'm sure they won’t even notice the dog hair or dirty car.  Voting you have to do, and new car tires are probably a good idea since you’re loaning out your car.  The air bags?  Not much you can do about them.  Except make sure your brakes are in good working order so maybe they won’t be needed.

Have fun!

@geezerette

Not notice the dog hair?  It looks like a Newfoundland exploded in my house.