Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Manageable March

@just beewrote:

I just ordered tea.

Harney & Sons is having a sale so I picked up my favorites: Paris and Victorian London Fog.  But then I saw Affinia...

It's a blend of chamomile, lemon and vanilla.  I got an extra $8.00 off with my reward points.  (That means 50 sachets for $6.99.)

Justification.

Alright, @just bee, I ordered this tea. I ordered paris and affinia.  I also wanted vanilla comodoro but that one was all sold out.  I vowed to never buy so much tea again after basically throwing it all out a couple of years ago, but I am looking for some nice dessert teas so I can use it as a replacement for something sweet in the evening or anytime - most of the time.

Paris was intriguing. But some reviews have it being as more fruity than caramel because of the black currant.  I would love to find a nice caramel tea.  But, at this point, with all the tea I already have and more coming, I think I am done for a long while.  Well, I would get the vanilla one but that would be it.  Have you tried the vanilla comodoro?

I was also intrigued by the mint chocolate. Uh oh, I cannot fall down this rabbit hole again. Smiley LOL   Its my all or nothing rearing its ugly head.  I can be a nut.

The funny part is - if spending doesnt happen in one area it picks up in another.  Oh well, what can one do but roll with it.

Respected Contributor

HEP - This is my 5th day of intermittent fasting. It hasnt been perfect but I am trying to stick with it as best as I can. The last two days have been the best so far.  I still have to make healthier right sized choices but one thing at a time.

I have gotten rid of a lot of junk food.  Not all, but it is now at an acceptable level and it is not driving me crazy.  I was trying to work through it reasonably but that wasnt working too well. Smiley Embarassed

I wasnt going to step on the scale until I had some time in with the IF but curiousity got the best of me yesterday.  I gained a lb.  You just gotta love it.  But I am sure that is my body adjusting so I am not going to allow that to send me rolling down the hill. I feel committed to this for a month or two.

I also started exercising and will build myself up slowly. Above all, this is the habit I most want to establish. 

So, slowly but surely as we go.

Honored Contributor

@aprilskieswrote:

@just beewrote:

I just ordered tea.

Harney & Sons is having a sale so I picked up my favorites: Paris and Victorian London Fog.  But then I saw Affinia...

It's a blend of chamomile, lemon and vanilla.  I got an extra $8.00 off with my reward points.  (That means 50 sachets for $6.99.)

Justification.

Alright, @just bee, I ordered this tea. I ordered paris and affinia.  I also wanted vanilla comodoro but that one was all sold out.  I vowed to never buy so much tea again after basically throwing it all out a couple of years ago, but I am looking for some nice dessert teas so I can use it as a replacement for something sweet in the evening or anytime - most of the time.

Paris was intriguing. But some reviews have it being as more fruity than caramel because of the black currant.  I would love to find a nice caramel tea.  But, at this point, with all the tea I already have and more coming, I think I am done for a long while.  Well, I would get the vanilla one but that would be it.  Have you tried the vanilla comodoro?

I was also intrigued by the mint chocolate. Uh oh, I cannot fall down this rabbit hole again. Smiley LOL   Its my all or nothing rearing its ugly head.  I can be a nut.

The funny part is - if spending doesnt happen in one area it picks up in another.  Oh well, what can one do but roll with it.

@aprilskies

Well, of course I've tried Vanilla Comoro!  On paper, it's perfect: Black tea and vanilla.  In the cup?  Not so much.  I should have ordered the caffeinated version.  For some reason, Comoro just doesn't sit right.  This and White Christmas make me a little queasy for some reason.  Strange, because tea generally doesn't make me queasy.

As for mint chocolate, I don't want that in my tea.  A coworker gave me a sample from New Mexico Tea Company and I'm just not a fan of chocolate in my tea or chocolate in my shower gels.

Hot Cinnamon Spice is sweet, but it's caffeinated.  They do make an herbal version without caffeine, but it's a rooibos.  Might be worth a try.  The caffeinated version is one of my favorites.

Did you get Paris decaf?  They also have an herbal Paris -- I haven't tried either.  Two of my favorites are Lemon Herbal and Egyptian Chamomile, so when I saw Affinia, I was intrigued.  I wonder how much vanilla there really is...

Harney & Sons has a LOT of fruit teas.  And they've come out with several new flavors recently.  I'm trying to limit my choices because I've ordered some weirdos along the way.

Paris is my standard, but Victorian London Fog is gaining on it.  That one smells amazing.  If you like lavender.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just beewrote:

@aprilskieswrote:

@just beewrote:

I just ordered tea.

Justification.

@aprilskies

Well, of course I've tried Vanilla Comoro!  On paper, it's perfect: Black tea and vanilla.  In the cup?  Not so much.  I should have ordered the caffeinated version.  For some reason, Comoro just doesn't sit right.  This and White Christmas make me a little queasy for some reason.  Strange, because tea generally doesn't make me queasy.

As for mint chocolate, I don't want that in my tea.  A coworker gave me a sample from New Mexico Tea Company and I'm just not a fan of chocolate in my tea or chocolate in my shower gels.

Hot Cinnamon Spice is sweet, but it's caffeinated.  They do make an herbal version without caffeine, but it's a rooibos.  Might be worth a try.  The caffeinated version is one of my favorites.

Did you get Paris decaf?  They also have an herbal Paris -- I haven't tried either.  Two of my favorites are Lemon Herbal and Egyptian Chamomile, so when I saw Affinia, I was intrigued.  I wonder how much vanilla there really is...

Harney & Sons has a LOT of fruit teas.  And they've come out with several new flavors recently.  I'm trying to limit my choices because I've ordered some weirdos along the way.

Paris is my standard, but Victorian London Fog is gaining on it.  That one smells amazing.  If you like lavender.

@just bee, so glad the comoro was sold out then. I would of ordered it because it sounded tasty.

I tried a couple of years back a mint chocolate from teavana, a sample they had at the time and remember enjoying it.  But, I had so much tea, I did not get any.  I remember it being a delicate flavor, not too much so this one sounded interesting.

No, I didnt get Paris decaf, I got the caf version.  Hot Cinnamon Spice was almost in my cart but I just wasnt sure because I have bought a cinnamon tea before and just didnt like it so I was hesitant.  Not sure about lavender so I didnt order that one.  I really love the smell of the flavored teas though. I have a lemon glazed pound cake from Tazo and the smell is just lovely. 

My order came today, that was quick. If I didnt already have a second cup of coffee, I would of brewed one up. But, I will try one later.  They had 3 samples in there. I so wished one of them was the chocolate mint.

Now between all my various teas I had on hand and the ones I got today, I think I am set for a while. The trick is to stop looking.  I go through phases with tea so I am hoping the flavors will keep me going and not abandon them.

I am still loving my tea kettle by the way.  I swore off adding anymore kitchen gadgets, but I love this one. Pour water and turn on and it comes up to the temp set. No more forgetting a pot of water boiling.  phew.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies

That was fast!  I better check the tracking on my package -- it might be closer than I think.

I still love my tea kettle, too.  It makes life a little easier, that's for sure.  (Sipping a mug of Paris right now...)

ETA:

Oh!  My package is out for delivery!  Let me know what you think of your new teas...

ETA:

It's delivered!  Sitting in the mailbox down the street as I type this.  (I really like being able to track my packages.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@aprilskies

Just got the email from Harney & Sons -- oh, look, another (and better) sale.  Never fails.

I'm sitting here with a mug of Affinia and I am not impressed.  Disappointed when I opened the bag and sniffed.  Lemon?  Vanilla?  Where?

I need to stop ordering tea.  Time for a moratorium.

Respected Contributor

@just beewrote:

@aprilskies

Just got the email from Harney & Sons -- oh, look, another (and better) sale.  Never fails.

I'm sitting here with a mug of Affinia and I am not impressed.  Disappointed when I opened the bag and sniffed.  Lemon?  Vanilla?  Where?

I need to stop ordering tea.  Time for a moratorium.

Yes, I agree, @just bee, I wasn’t crazy about Affinia.  Tastes like camomile to me, no hint of the other flavors whatsoever.  I don’t normally like camomile but thought this blend might be worth a try  to have something calming on hand. I had loose camomile already.  I might just add some flavors of my own to improve it.  

Paris, I am not sure how I feel about this one so far.  I have a feeling I will end up liking it.  I only had one cup so far so we will see.  It is a stronger tea and I think it will hold up well with some milk so I will try that too. But the flavors seem very faint to me so I am not sure if it is the batch I got or what. I don’t get a fruity or caramel or anything that I can describe flavor. Very faint. But I need to try it again.  This time in the afternoon.  The other night I don’t know if it was this tea or not but I didn’t sleep a wink. So I will bring some of it to work and have some in the afternoon.  Sometimes it takes a few cups to see how I like tea.  When I first tried the Tazo lemon pound cake, I found it a little cloying but a few cups later, I love it and I haven’t tried it with milk or sugar yet. 

I do wish I bought chocolate mint instead of Affinia. But the taste I was envisioning with Affinia got the better of me.  So far though, the teas from Harneys are not as described, even as described in the reviews.  It could just be my expectations though.

Honored Contributor

The tea saga sounds interesting.  

I haven’t been around much but when I do pop in it’s very nice to try to get my mind diverted from what has become my new reality.  Every once in a while I have to just tune all this out to keep moving.  Won’t bore or depress you with details, which is why I haven’t been posting when I do find time to read.  We’re hanging in, that’s about all I can say right now.  

@KaySD, I was very sorry to read about your ex.  Seems like there is a lot of bad news around now.  Maybe there always was but I just didn’t notice because it wasn’t happening to me.  I agree with @just bee that just because you’re not together anymore doesn’t mean you don’t feel.  I may be one of the few that still believe all that, “in sickness and in health” stuff.

Sorry I can’t be more positive; I just don’t have it in me right now.  My best to all of you.🙏

Honored Contributor

@geezerette

The tea saga is a microcosm.  We know which tea is “the one” but continue to think about others based on descriptions that make them seem somehow better than the one that works for us.  But it’s just fantasy.  That touch of citrus or caramel doesn’t change the fact that the new tea tastes like dishwater.  You always go back to “the one” and maybe you learn to appreciate it that much more.

You are correct: Bad news is everywhere.  It seems to visit us in the spring when the natural world is renewing itself.  Maybe that’s how it’s designed.  To remind us that there’s always a winter but we get through it because spring is coming no matter what.  But it’s brief; fall is just around the corner.  T.S. Eliot was on to something when he labeled April “the cruellest month.”

We’re still here and we appreciate every visit.  Just know we’re all thinking about you. Heart

Honored Contributor

@just bee

❤️