Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Manageable March

To be fair, this doesn't taste as bad as it did the first time. @aprilskies, if you want to find justification for this tea, go online and read about the benefits of chamomile.  Minus the ricin, of course.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rnmom

I can't really call these "treasures," but do you remember the lace skirts of the 80s that Madonna wore?

I found two long ones today -- one black, one white (like a virgin) -- with tags still on.

Also found a pair of professional bike shorts.

Am I a pro cyclist?

When I unearth my ski pants, those will go, too.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Spring!

A gentle reminder...

Tomorrow is the first day of spring.

If you've been in suspended animation lately, stuck in a rut, looking for an excuse to get motivated, March 20 is for you!

Spring!

It's time to spring into action!

Spring!

Time to take a deep breath and start all over again.

Spring!

Time to start eating a little better.

Spring!

Time to put away the winter wardrobe and reach for your florals.

Spring!

Time to connect with those you care about and do something special.

Spring!

Time to do something you enjoy.

Spring!

Time to go see what's happening in your yard and take a stroll through the neighborhood to see what's blooming.

Spring!

Time to revisit your to-do list and just go for it.

Trusted Contributor

just bee - Love the motivational pix for Spring.  I would love to do that, but we are looking at over 5 inches of snow the next couple days.  i know that is not a lot, but I am so over winter and want spring.  

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Honored Contributor

@PAladywrote:

just bee - Love the motivational pix for Spring.  I would love to do that, but we are looking at over 5 inches of snow the next couple days.  i know that is not a lot, but I am so over winter and want spring.  

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

@PAlady

Ah, but look at the bright side.  You don't have to go out there and water.  Sounds like a good time to make a pot of minestrone. Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

Ah, Spring. Keep dreaming, ladies.  We are expecting up to 5 inches of snow within the next two days and that is if the storm doesnt change course. They are not sure yet.  However, I am one that loves it so I cant complain too much.  But, that is because I dont need to travel in it so...that is probably why. It would be horrible otherwise.  I just enjoy the cooler weather and dont want it to get hot too fast.  If we get a real spring, that would be so awesome.

@geezerette, glad to see you my cyber friend. I hope that you are doing the best you can.  Sometimes these silly conversatons here really do us good in taking a break from reality. @KaySD. Best wishes for your ex as well. 

This weekend, I decluttered a few things but I mostly organized my kitchen cabinets. I took out for the most part what I am not using on a regular basis.  Cabinets are so much more streamlined. I am thrilled. However, now everything is sitting on my stove top waiting for their home.  I dont know where to put them. I dont want to buy another storage container but might need to. Love it though. I also did the same with my storage room.  I didnt do it all but my shelves are much better. 

HEP - well, I really cant believe I have not lost at least  5 lbs yet but I have lost a couple.  I checked this morning out of curiosity.  I am hoping this is the start and not just flukey as we all know a couple of lbs can be. I am really liking intermittent fasting, it keeps me a bit structured. It is still a learning curve and I almost scrapped it a couple of times. But nothing else has worked so I am going to stick with it. It at least has stopped me from snacking late at night and that is not a bad thing. Keeping my fingers crossed that these 2 lbs are for real as minor as they are.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskies

Keep it going! Woman Very Happy

I hit a brick wall, so I have to start again.  I'm pulling anything out of my closets that requires hand washing or dry cleaning and adding to the donation pile.  I'm also saying goodbye to some of my Galt Sand university sweatshirts.  I stocked them years ago because they were so comfortable, but now I realize that I've graduated from three different colleges and I don't even wear items bearing their names.  In fact, I'm thinking of donating two items from my alma mater that have my school's name misspelled.  Don't ask.

And I just poured 16 ounces of fresh cream spritz down the sink, followed by 8 ounces of inner grace.  I can't wear either and I've tried to mix them with pure grace to make them bearable.

It just wastes pure grace.

Trusted Contributor

aprilskies - I would love to have a "real" spring and a "real" fall.  Fall is my favorite season, I love to wear my jackets.  I haven't been able to wear my light jackets for many years.  Around here it goes from snowing one weekend to 80 degrees the next, then it goes from 80 degrees to 32 the next.  Just can't win around here.

Trusted Contributor

just bee - I have a bottle of Amazing Grace that is going in the garbage - It just stinks.  I have not had much luck with Philosophy products.

Honored Contributor

@PAladywrote:

just bee - I have a bottle of Amazing Grace that is going in the garbage - It just stinks.  I have not had much luck with Philosophy products.

@PAlady

I have a couple more spritzes -- baby grace and good morning, sunshine -- on the shelf.  I think they have reason to be nervous.