Respected Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Manageable March

I finally spent my BBW gift card from Christmas, they were having a sale and free shipping on $25 so I added 5 more items to the stash. Between that and my Ulta and Vitacost purchases I've added a lot this past month or so. I'm hoping to be set for a while now and shouldn't have to buy anything anytime soon. 

Decluttering has been minimal, I have a few items in a bag to donate but not enough to even justify a donation run at this time. I will probably have more when the weather warms up and the kids start to transition to summer clothes and activities. I'm sure they have outgrown at least some of their shorts, etc from last year. But then that means more shopping to replace them, which I don't love doing either. 

@just bee-I would love to be at your place to see all the treasures you're uncovering. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun actually. I've gotten rid of all those types of items ages ago but it sounds like a hoot to be taking a stroll down memory lane. It sounds like you're getting rid of a lot and some big items too. You should be creating a lot of empty space and BH should be pleased.

HEP has been in the toilet. I think a lot of it still has to do with the weather. We had snow the last 3 days again and it is still only in the 20's-30's. I just want to eat comfort food and candy. Things that make me feel good. I'm hoping that when it starts to warm up a bit and spring arrives that I'll have some more motivation to both eat better and exercise. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprilskieswrote:

@just bee, I totally agree.  I need something hot in the morning.  You can drink coffee, tea, water or anything that doesnt disrupt the fast.  However, you have to drink things black, no cream.  I am not a black coffee drinker, but it is really not bad and I kinda like it.  I couldnt do it if I had to give up my morning coffee.  My breakfast is another thing that will be hard to give up.  I like breakfast and look forward to it.  But, I am hoping I can do this during the week and relax it a bit on the weekends.

We'll see. I am going to try it for a month and see how it goes. 

And, pat pat pat to me.  I gave away all of my hard and soft candy. That was a tough one but it needed to go.  I am not counting chocolate in that category however. Smiley Wink

@aprilskies

I've been drinking my tea straight for a long time.  I'd been drinking it that way until the "phase."  The one where I was adding honey and heavy whipping cream.  Man, I looked forward to waking up and having that first mug.

But I wonder now if that little bit of "dessert" in my tea prevented me from craving cookies and candy.  Why am I suddenly eating M&Ms?

Maybe it's because they're there.  (Soon they won't be.  Just a few left in the jar...)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KaySDwrote:

@just bee Can't top it. My cats, though...ever see a cat stare at a bare wall, unmoving, for a loooooooong time? That's what one of mine did today. I guess going into an actual trance tops birdwatching.

Meanwhile, I just learned my kid's father, that would be my ex, has terminal cancer. We don't see each other or talk very often because he's been living elsewhere, but I will still miss him, and of course I know ho much he means to my kid. So it's a bummer, better in a second paragraph where nobody has to read it. 

@KaySD

Yes, yes I have seen cats do that.  I've seen the dog do it, too.  It's usually when he's staring at... a cat.

We had discussed "trite" in previous posts, but before something is considered trite it's usually something that was once meaningful, special.

The concept of marriage, for some, has become trite.  Call me antiquated, but there's something about committing to someone for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, until death do us part that I respect.  And I don't think that divorce can just wipe that away.  Especially when you've built a life with someone and raised children together.

He's a part of your life and he's "dad."  It makes perfect sense to miss him and feel the loss.  How's "the kid" handling the news?

Better-half lost his mom to cancer last year and all I could do was provide as much support as possible.  Quietly.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rnmomwrote:

I finally spent my BBW gift card from Christmas, they were having a sale and free shipping on $25 so I added 5 more items to the stash. Between that and my Ulta and Vitacost purchases I've added a lot this past month or so. I'm hoping to be set for a while now and shouldn't have to buy anything anytime soon. 

Decluttering has been minimal, I have a few items in a bag to donate but not enough to even justify a donation run at this time. I will probably have more when the weather warms up and the kids start to transition to summer clothes and activities. I'm sure they have outgrown at least some of their shorts, etc from last year. But then that means more shopping to replace them, which I don't love doing either. 

@just bee-I would love to be at your place to see all the treasures you're uncovering. It sounds like it would be a lot of fun actually. I've gotten rid of all those types of items ages ago but it sounds like a hoot to be taking a stroll down memory lane. It sounds like you're getting rid of a lot and some big items too. You should be creating a lot of empty space and BH should be pleased.

HEP has been in the toilet. I think a lot of it still has to do with the weather. We had snow the last 3 days again and it is still only in the 20's-30's. I just want to eat comfort food and candy. Things that make me feel good. I'm hoping that when it starts to warm up a bit and spring arrives that I'll have some more motivation to both eat better and exercise. 

@rnmom

Actually, I think it's that "trip" that's been preventing me from active decluttering/purging.  This is no stroll.  But I imagine it's cheaper than therapy.  Frankly, it feels more like est.  (Now there's a trip down Memory Lane.)

HEP has a chance to restart with Daylight Saving Time and the new season.  Casseroles will feel heavier and less appetizing. 

I'm looking at major expenses this month and next.  And next.  I've got a dental appointment looming and now I've scheduled an eye exam for the same week.  I stopped by my eye place on the way home from work to check out the new frames and was surprised at the selection.  Better move fast before they disappear.  Unfortunately, the frames I kept going back to are ridiculously overpriced.  And rimless.  Odd.

Then I have to pay for an upcoming conference... and, of course. taxes.  And the car will need a few things.  And the house... and there's another sale on tea.

Yeah, I promised myself that I wouldn't buy any, but ever since I went through my mug collection (no, I haven't parted with them), I found a great one -- huge with a yellow Lab on it -- and what's more comforting than a hot cup of tea and a big yellow Lab?

My favorites are on sale and I'm getting low on Paris and Victorian London Fog.

One thing that annoys me about giving all these clothes away (besides realizing that I once had taste and dressed better) is the fact that I can't donate them to our hospital.  I've tried but the policy is carved in stone.  Any items must be brand new.

Whatever.

Honored Contributor

Everyone remember to spring forward?

It's almost 7 AM and it's dark.  But now the clock in my car matches reality. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm watching The Birds (no, not the cams -- Hitchcock), having a mug of tea and contemplating buying mascara.

Walgreens and Ulta are both having a Buy 2, Get One Free deal.  Walgreens is shamefully overpriced, but Ulta requires an expenditure of fifty bucks for free shipping.  I can't.  I don't need anything other than shampoo and conditioner.

My option is to run into Walmart for a tube of mascara and run out.  I'd pay for it, of course, but could I get out of there without browsing?

As it turns out, Walgreens carries my shampoo and conditioner online.  It's not on sale, but it brings my total to $36 and that means free shipping.

I could run over to Walgreens and just pick up the mascara, but the stores that surround me have only a couple tubes stocked.

The gulls are pecking their way through the front door to get Tippi.  Uh-oh.  They've lost the electricity.

Anyway, I need that mascara because the new quarter is upon us and I'll be tossing my tube.

Justification.

Don't go up the stairs, Tippi!!!

Honored Contributor

I just polished off the last of the M&Ms.

Honored Contributor

It was hovering around 70 degrees yesterday so we took the dog hiking in the Sandias.  Today it's snowing on the Sandias.

I'm sitting here hoping for some rain.  I could use the humidity -- I sneezed yesterday and split my lip. Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just ordered tea.

Harney & Sons is having a sale so I picked up my favorites: Paris and Victorian London Fog.  But then I saw Affinia...

It's a blend of chamomile, lemon and vanilla.  I got an extra $8.00 off with my reward points.  (That means 50 sachets for $6.99.)

Justification.

Pup of Tea

Honored Contributor

It's cold and rainy and the fog has obliterated the mountains.  It's fabulous.  I don't have to water today.