Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Manageable March

@aprilskieswrote:

@just bee,  LOL.   Why is eating this stuff so enjoyable. I love mm’s. 

I am starting intermittent fasting today.  It is where you fast for 16 hours and have an 8 hour eating window.  Not as bad as it sounds as most of the fasting time will be when I am sleeping.  While you can’t go crazy eating, you can have what you want, no restrictions.  I don’t do well with restrictions. ....if you couldn’t tell. Smiley LOL   I even remembered no cream in my coffee this morning.  I don’t mind black coffee as long as it is hot. 

Have a a good day everyone.  We are expecting another snow storm today, 

@aprilskies

I have had M&Ms in the pantry every year and have never touched them.  The only Halloween candy I might eat is Twix.  Why am I suddenly eating those nasty candy-coated things?

And they do melt in your hand, by the way.

Again, this is a "phood phase."  We'll be breaking up as soon as I finish off the few that are left in the jar.

Another thing I'm over: The white cheddar popcorn.  BH brought a bag home (he never eats this stuff) and it's just not the same.  I've lost the craving.

So, as I wean myself off the M&Ms, I have three boxes of Girl Scout cookies to help me through it.  (Why does he buy this stuff?)

So what is this fasting thing?  BH eats once a day and it's usually before he goes to sleep.  It works for him but it sounds all wrong to me.

And how long will you be doing it?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

The only thing I'll need to buy (beautywise) is Acure shampoo and conditioner.  Since I missed the big clearance sale at one store, I went to another that carries Acure and they had a sale on Acure body wash: Buy one, get one free.

Oh, my.

But I didn't pounce because I don't need body wash.  I'll keep my eye on the website and at the local stores that carry the shampoo and conditioner.  But I'm secretly hoping for a sale on the site.  I have time: I still have two full tubes.

Next month I'll need mascara.

I'm still feeling the frugal thing.  Seeing clothes pulled off hangers for donation that still have tags on them will do that to you.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just beewrote:

@aprilskieswrote:

@just bee,  LOL.   Why is eating this stuff so enjoyable. I love mm’s. 

I am starting intermittent fasting today.  It is where you fast for 16 hours and have an 8 hour eating window.  Not as bad as it sounds as most of the fasting time will be when I am sleeping.  While you can’t go crazy eating, you can have what you want, no restrictions.  I don’t do well with restrictions. ....if you couldn’t tell. Smiley LOL   I even remembered no cream in my coffee this morning.  I don’t mind black coffee as long as it is hot. 

Have a a good day everyone.  We are expecting another snow storm today, 

@aprilskies

I have had M&Ms in the pantry every year and have never touched them.  The only Halloween candy I might eat is Twix.  Why am I suddenly eating those nasty candy-coated things?

And they do melt in your hand, by the way.

Again, this is a "phood phase."  We'll be breaking up as soon as I finish off the few that are left in the jar.

Another thing I'm over: The white cheddar popcorn.  BH brought a bag home (he never eats this stuff) and it's just not the same.  I've lost the craving.

So, as I wean myself off the M&Ms, I have three boxes of Girl Scout cookies to help me through it.  (Why does he buy this stuff?)

So what is this fasting thing?  BH eats once a day and it's usually before he goes to sleep.  It works for him but it sounds all wrong to me.

And how long will you be doing it?

@just bee, wow he eats one time a day.  Well, intermitten fasting is where you only give yourself an 8 hour window where you can eat.  I am doing the 16/8 version but there are others.  So, my plan is to stop eating at 7:30 at night and then eat again at 11:30am.  The theory is your body starts burning off the fat and you lose weight.  In the morning and up to 11:30 you can only have black coffee, teas and water.  Nothing that will break your fast. 

I have tried it before and never stuck to it. But this time I will give it a go because nothing else is working. I am just not a moderation type of person. I have even tried not bringing the stuff home but always find myself surrounded.  This morning though I had to eat something around 11.  I had such a headache so I am hoping I will get use to it.  We will see how it goes.  Unfortunately, I have just become a stress eater and I think that is half my problem. So, I am also hoping this stops me for reaching for food every time I find myself stressed out, which seems like a lot lately.

I dont know how long I will do it for. If it really takes, definitely as long as it takes to lose 25 lbs and after that if it becomes a lifestyle so be it. But, I am trying to,one, lose weight but, two, not reach for food when I am not feeling great.  It really isnt the answer and only causing me more stress. LOL.

Respected Contributor

I, too, dont need anything beauty wise and dont have my sights on one single thing this month.   I will run out of hand soap soon but I will start using some shampoo instead of buying more. Other than that, I am pretty set. 

It is interesting though. Now that I am not researching, chasing any beauty products and/or looking at youtube videos, I have so much time on my hands.  Now I need to mindful that I use up my free time productively.  I am the greatest time waster I know.

Trusted Contributor

@aprilskies, Hey, it's not wasting time if you're happy while you're doing it! It's using your time to be happy! Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

So, @aprilskies, have you tried the kind of fasting where you eat nothing between dawn and sunset? That's how it's done during Ramadan. You get up early for a good breakfast, then wait until sundown to have dinner. It's not for weight loss but more for purification as I understand it. And of course it's only for a month, which I think makes it sort of like lent.

Respected Contributor

@KaySDwrote:

@aprilskies, Hey, it's not wasting time if you're happy while you're doing it! It's using your time to be happy! Smiley Very Happy

@KaySD, I hear ya and agree.  I am not the type of person that feels I need to be doing something 100% of the time, however, I can go to the opposite extreme and that is not good.  I need to be a bit more productive at times.

Respected Contributor

@KaySDwrote:

So, @aprilskies, have you tried the kind of fasting where you eat nothing between dawn and sunset? That's how it's done during Ramadan. You get up early for a good breakfast, then wait until sundown to have dinner. It's not for weight loss but more for purification as I understand it. And of course it's only for a month, which I think makes it sort of like lent.

@KaySD, interesting I was just talking to someone about this practice regarding Ramadan.  No, I havent tried this one and probably would never try it.  Unfortunately, I cannot go the day without eating. I would get headaches and I couldnt do that at work. The only reason I am even considering intermittent fasting is that most of the hours happen when I am sleeping.  At least the hours I am choosing. Even IF is challenging to me and I am giving myself the first week so my body can adjust.  So, it hasnt been perfect.

I am also hoping intermittent fasting breaks by habit with food.  Besides necessity, it has become my mood changer.

I think I would rather shop, lol. 

Respected Contributor

I hope all those in the storms path are doing well. That was some storm.  I loved it as I love the storms, however, not the aftermath and destruction they bring. I lost power and all. Just got it back this mornign. It really gives you an appreciation and a good jolt of what we take for granted.  Downed trees everywhere. yikes.

I was almost gonna go for a walk yesterday and instead just chose to clean off my car. I was a bit nervous of breaking branches.  The storm wasnt just a snowstorm, it was a thundersnow.  I thought I heard thunder but dismissed the idea and figured it was just the snowplows.  Sure enough, it was thunder mixed with snow and that is a rare occurence.  What is going on with this weather.

I hope all are safe.

Trusted Contributor

@aprilskies Please keep us all posted about your fasting experience, if you can. Your approach is not one I've come across before.