Trusted Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Maintainable May

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

Black coffee, that would be a hard one for me.  I'd rather not drink coffee than have it black. I need to have a little milk in it.

@Oshare-girl

Have you considered switching to tea? Woman Wink

I have...but thought about you, LOL. I do have a small stash of tea that I drink when I run out of coffee.  I should drink more green tea. I'll consider it.

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

I have a crossbody leather bag that had blue dye stains on it from rubbing against my jeans. I stopped using the bag because it was looking so beat up.  But I found a video that showed how the magic eraser can remove the stain.  Sure enough, I tried it and it worked!  The bag is practically like new.  That was a great cheap life hack.    

@Oshare-girl

I love them.  I was just at the sink using one to get the tea stains out of my mug. Heart

@just bee I need to try that! The magic eraser is pretty amazing.

Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl

Whew!

We were starting to wonder, you know?

Every time I think it's time to leave New Mexico because of the rising crime rate, I hear a story about crime in another area.  It's tiresome.

You mention oil and its limited shelf life.  I was hesitant to stock more, but someone said they'd be fine as long as they remained unopened.  What's your experience?

@just bee Thanks for the love!

I suspect that it was a homeless person, likely male, that did the damage.  He didn't touch my Lululemon rain jacket, umbrellas, son's basketball or sunglasses. Fortunately, I don't keep much in the car, especially since Compacting Smiley Wink so there wasn't much to steal. This happens a lot, so much so that the police were throwing out names of common offenders, trying to figure out who done it. 

So oils, I suspect that's correct.  If it's unopened the shelf life is relatively long.  My problem is that all of mine are OPEN. I probably have 4 open right now, which is why I need to use some up. I need to get down to 2 oils, one that contains retinol and one that is simple like jojoba or squalane. Jojoba has a really long shelf life, actually. I've had mine open for over a year and it's still good.  It's the one with antioxidants that I worry about keeping open for long.

@Oshare-girl

Yup.  I think it's because jojoba isn't really an oil.  I had a bottle for years.  The price, though, has skyrocketed since I bought that old bottle.

Acure has their oils at 50% off right now so I picked up argan with coconut, marula and rosehip.  That one requires refrigeration.

Ever check out the Garden of Wisdom website?  Lots of information about different oils, what they're good for and how long they last.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

I have a crossbody leather bag that had blue dye stains on it from rubbing against my jeans. I stopped using the bag because it was looking so beat up.  But I found a video that showed how the magic eraser can remove the stain.  Sure enough, I tried it and it worked!  The bag is practically like new.  That was a great cheap life hack.    

@Oshare-girl

I love them.  I was just at the sink using one to get the tea stains out of my mug. Heart

@just bee I need to try that! The magic eraser is pretty amazing.

@Oshare-girl

I use them on my kitchen counters.  They'll even remove red wine stains. Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Trusted Contributor

Welcome @Squirrel Lover! I'm a squirrel lover too!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Caffeina wrote:

Welcome @Squirrel Lover! I'm a squirrel lover too!

@Caffeina

Squirrel

If only I'd known...

Honored Contributor

Justify

Justify.  Two out of three.

Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl

Glad to hear you’re okay!  🙂👍

Sorry to hear about your car, though.👎

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Justify

Another triple crowner?

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Justify

Another triple crowner?

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Justify

Another triple crowner?

@geezerette

Anything is possible...