@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@DelaRose

@geezerette

That's probably why I'm still using pure grace.  I poured out a bunch of fragrances a few weeks ago because they just smelled too strong.  I may have to go through the rest of my fragrances and prune those, too.

I always had a problem with people who had a problem with scent, but now I'm noticing that the smell of the food people eat at work turns my stomach.

It's gotta be age.

And that’s weird because I thought you were supposed to start to lose your sense of smell as you age.  

I’ve been sensitive to smells for years.  A lot of mine has to do with my immune system.  Not-so-good diet for too long combined with the large amounts of various pollutants around nowadays.  I’m actually not as bad now as I was about twenty years ago.

And I find that fragrances I’m used to and use consistently I tolerate better than new ones.  

@geezerette

Yeah, that's what they say.  You lose your sense of smell and taste.  But I don't think you lose it -- it just changes.  My mother and I had similar tastes in fragrances but when she was in her '80s she would smell something and interpret it an entirely different way.  I'd buy her different scented shower gels (philosophy or philosophy-like) and she would smell something that I just couldn't detect.

I'm noticing food odors are bothering me.  And herbs and spices I liked are now annoying me.  I'm not quite at the point where I can't eat hot, spicy food (when that day comes, take me to the Sandias with two boxes of Krispy Cremes, tie me to a tree, and wait for the bears to come.  You know -- my retirement plan?) but things like thyme are bothering me.  And for some reason I can't eat Thai food.  I can eat just about anything and I should like Thai food because I like the ingredients.  But somehow it just produces projectile vomiting.

I'm even at the point where I'm thinking BH is a little heavy on the garlic.  I've never even had that thought about garlic before.  Even when I was a little kid I could mainline the stuff.

I think we just evolve into new creatures.

@geezerette

@just bee

Are you ladies pregnant??Woman SurprisedWoman LOL 

Dear G-d in Heaven!  That’s all I’d need!  

Especially since I just backed the car out of the garage this morning—right into the truck!  Now I have to decide what to do with a smashed tail light on an 18 year old car.

To say I’m having a bad day is an understatement.  And just when I thought I was maybe getting a handle on my life now...🤬

oh no @geezerette.  I hope today is better.  I have those days for sure and they are not fun.  Instead of your to do list getting smaller, it gets bigger.  I am glad it was only the tail light though and you are okay.

How are you doing besides these frustrating and annoying mishaps?  If you dont want to get into it, I understand.  I hope all is well as it could be.

Is that mutt of yours keeping you active?

Yes, she certainly is.  That “mutt”, aka Carla, just had a play date today with her cousins.  Since it was relatively cool this morning, they all were more rowdy than they’ve been with the horrible heat and humidity we’ve been having.  They splashed in the doggie pool and played keep the ball away from whoever wants it.  It’s odd.  When the cousin dogs come here, Carla backs off and lets them play with all her toys/bones.  But when she goes to their house, she monopolizes their toys and they are submissive.  You’d think they’d all guard their own toys.

Carla’s “uncle” just brought my car back from getting a repair estimate.  I decided to have the whole thing fixed.  I had thought at first just to get the bulb and cover replaced and leave the rest (after all, it is an 18-year-old car) because I figured the cost to do everything I munched would be close to what the car itself is worth now.  But the quote was surprisingly reasonable, so I sprung for the whole thing.  Besides, if it’s all fixed then every time I look at the car I won’t be reminded of my stupidity.  And I’m going to be able to get rid of the truck soon, so I won’t be able to pull another stunt like that again.  I’m sure I’ll find some other equally idiotic thing to destroy, though.🤗  

Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just June

I have a lot of cosmetics--mostly from QVC and a lot of them from kits.  
Been working on organizing items and trying to use up older items and items that I want to use and not repurchase.  I had "zero" orders placed at QVC in May.  Also, been trying to be diligent in returning items (anywhere) if  I feel the item isn't what I expected, will not use it, did not like, etc.   

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Ugh.  Just ordered a new computer and a monitor.

Couldn't put it off any longer.

Now I have to get ready to go donate blood.  I'm looking forward to it because I get to eat cookies and salty snacks before I can leave their site.

Yup.  Have to sit there for at least 15 minutes and eat cookies, crackers, chips.  Give blood, get snacks. Woman Very Happy

@just bee, unfortunately not much you can do without a computer these days. At least you will have a shiny new one coming your way.  I need a new cell phone. I dropped it at least a year and a half ago, cracked the screen, fixed it but it has never been the same. I am now having major problems with the sensitivity of the screen.  Geez louise, 1000 bucks for a cell phone.  Well, I can tell you I am not getting the latest one but I should have started looking sooner.  This is one time when procrastination didnt help. Sometimes if I wait long enough some problems solve themselves.  Its getting to be dire straits though.  I just noticed where the whole screen is starting to lift off.   I can use a new one though, thats the good thing. it will be nice to go for something smaller.

@aprilskies

Ugh.  Phones.  I use mine as a phone.  I get calls and rarely make calls.  Sometimes I use it as a clock.  I usually don't look at it for days and only check to see if it's charged.  It is not permanently attached to my body.

It's getting old and will need to be replaced.  I'm not looking forward to that. Woman Mad

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Been working on organizing items and trying to use up older items and items that I want to use and not repurchase.  I had "zero" orders placed at QVC in May.  Also, been trying to be diligent in returning items (anywhere) if  I feel the item isn't what I expected, will not use it, did not like, etc.   

@Daysdee

Sometimes I think if it's something you find yourself buying you just have to limit the budget ($20?) or allow just one purchase or one item a month.

How often do we end up buying things we already have?  There are a million colors out there and they're all beautiful.  Maybe three or four don't look terrible on me. Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

Yes, she certainly is.  That “mutt”, aka Carla, just had a play date today with her cousins.  Since it was relatively cool this morning, they all were more rowdy than they’ve been with the horrible heat and humidity we’ve been having.  They splashed in the doggie pool and played keep the ball away from whoever wants it.  It’s odd.  When the cousin dogs come here, Carla backs off and lets them play with all her toys/bones.  But when she goes to their house, she monopolizes their toys and they are submissive.  You’d think they’d all guard their own toys.

Carla’s “uncle” just brought my car back from getting a repair estimate.  I decided to have the whole thing fixed.  I had thought at first just to get the bulb and cover replaced and leave the rest (after all, it is an 18-year-old car) because I figured the cost to do everything I munched would be close to what the car itself is worth now.  But the quote was surprisingly reasonable, so I sprung for the whole thing.  Besides, if it’s all fixed then every time I look at the car I won’t be reminded of my stupidity.  And I’m going to be able to get rid of the truck soon, so I won’t be able to pull another stunt like that again.  I’m sure I’ll find some other equally idiotic thing to destroy, though.🤗  

@geezerette

Speaking of dogs, I've got one here who's ready for breakfast.  Got to get him out before it gets hot.

No play dates for him or pools.  This is a dog who won't go near a puddle.

Must have been some puppyhood trauma.

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@DelaRose

@geezerette

That's probably why I'm still using pure grace.  I poured out a bunch of fragrances a few weeks ago because they just smelled too strong.  I may have to go through the rest of my fragrances and prune those, too.

I always had a problem with people who had a problem with scent, but now I'm noticing that the smell of the food people eat at work turns my stomach.

It's gotta be age.

And that’s weird because I thought you were supposed to start to lose your sense of smell as you age.  

I’ve been sensitive to smells for years.  A lot of mine has to do with my immune system.  Not-so-good diet for too long combined with the large amounts of various pollutants around nowadays.  I’m actually not as bad now as I was about twenty years ago.

And I find that fragrances I’m used to and use consistently I tolerate better than new ones.  

@geezerette

Yeah, that's what they say.  You lose your sense of smell and taste.  But I don't think you lose it -- it just changes.  My mother and I had similar tastes in fragrances but when she was in her '80s she would smell something and interpret it an entirely different way.  I'd buy her different scented shower gels (philosophy or philosophy-like) and she would smell something that I just couldn't detect.

I'm noticing food odors are bothering me.  And herbs and spices I liked are now annoying me.  I'm not quite at the point where I can't eat hot, spicy food (when that day comes, take me to the Sandias with two boxes of Krispy Cremes, tie me to a tree, and wait for the bears to come.  You know -- my retirement plan?) but things like thyme are bothering me.  And for some reason I can't eat Thai food.  I can eat just about anything and I should like Thai food because I like the ingredients.  But somehow it just produces projectile vomiting.

I'm even at the point where I'm thinking BH is a little heavy on the garlic.  I've never even had that thought about garlic before.  Even when I was a little kid I could mainline the stuff.

I think we just evolve into new creatures.

@geezerette

@just bee

Are you ladies pregnant??Woman SurprisedWoman LOL 

Dear G-d in Heaven!  That’s all I’d need!  

Especially since I just backed the car out of the garage this morning—right into the truck!  Now I have to decide what to do with a smashed tail light on an 18 year old car.

To say I’m having a bad day is an understatement.  And just when I thought I was maybe getting a handle on my life now...🤬

oh no @geezerette.  I hope today is better.  I have those days for sure and they are not fun.  Instead of your to do list getting smaller, it gets bigger.  I am glad it was only the tail light though and you are okay.

How are you doing besides these frustrating and annoying mishaps?  If you dont want to get into it, I understand.  I hope all is well as it could be.

@geezerette, isnt that fun - play dates. Funny how they are with their toys. It is almost like they have their own language. That's great.

Great news about your car.  I know, these days with the cost of things you just dont know what to do.

Any exciting purchases lately? Smiley Embarassed

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

@Daysdee, good job on no buying in May.  I also just reorganized my mu and today I even put some on. I was even pressed for time, however, if I let time get in my way, then I would never use my mu.  So, I am hoping to make this a routine because these products arent using themselves.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@aprilskies

Ugh.  Phones.  I use mine as a phone.  I get calls and rarely make calls.  Sometimes I use it as a clock.  I usually don't look at it for days and only check to see if it's charged.  It is not permanently attached to my body.

It's getting old and will need to be replaced.  I'm not looking forward to that. Woman Mad

@just bee, that is exactly how I use my phone and that is why I find these prices absurd.  If I had a landline, I would not have one for awhile until I caught a nice sale somewhere.    I also use it as my alarm clock, which I am not sure I even need an alarm clock, but do like the security of it just in case.

These days though, you just cant do without one. My work is even tied to it with all of the duo security jazz.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@Daysdee

How often do we end up buying things we already have?  There are a million colors out there and they're all beautiful.  Maybe three or four don't look terrible on me. Woman LOL

@just bee,  hahahaha, I just had to laugh.  Exactly, they are all so pretty and then I put them on my eyes, then my excitement fades.  Just recently I was jonesing over some eyeshadow palettes. So pretty, but then I started looking at the colors individually and knew 1, the color wouldnt look good on me, 2, I had all of the colors or some variation of them and 3, while there were some pops of color, it turns out it will just be another neutral palette, and 4, I am barely using the mu I already have.

Well, today was the first day of getting back to using mu.  I had my basket ready to go with the items I want to use for a while. I know now why I havent touched it in ages.  My face not only feels dry to the touch, but had to check my face 3 times this morning to make sure it was alright. And why is it mu has a way of showing fine lines that otherwise I didnt even know I had.  I will give it a go, it is the first day and I probably was not well moisturizered for all of the powder products I used, but I will say I am not sure if powder is still doing it for me.  Another reason not to hoard.  Tastes and skin change.

What is the definition of insanity?

Honored Contributor

@aprilskies wrote:

Another reason not to hoard.  Tastes and skin change.

What is the definition of insanity?

@aprilskies

Don't get me started!  I've come a long way with backing off of all the backups, but there's still a tendency to collect the items I like when there's a sale.  I'm fully stocked on Acure shampoo and conditioner and now I'm wondering if that was just another error in judgment.

It's weird.  The three varieties I have all have similar ingredients but the results are all very different.  And, of course, there are other factors that affect how your hair looks from day to day, but now I'm not so sure I like one of the varieties.

And that could change.  Who knows?

Man -- already one week down this month and what a week it was!  Here's hoping everyone can relax this weekend...

We need to revisit "fun."