Honored Contributor

Re: ComPact 2018 – Just June

@aprilskies wrote:

One thing I learned about myself in trying to use things up, I sure am lazy and not committed to any one routine or product except for moisturizer for the face.  I never reach for things the way I think I am, so why then do I buy all this stuff? I will admit, i do like trying new stuff and trying to find that one great product I love.

@aprilskies

Exactly! Woman LOL

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@geezerette

@just bee

Are you ladies pregnant??Woman SurprisedWoman LOL 

@Oshare-girl

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

I'm feeling motivated.  Quick, the lava is headed straight towards your home.  You have a couple hours to get your belongings out of the house.  You can only take what fits into your car(s). What do you take? 

I need to ponder this.

@Oshare-girl

Don't we all...

Honored Contributor

Just had my splurge for the month.  BH and I stopped going to restaurants a long time ago and only occasionally do we get takeout (pizza, for example).

Today he woke up early and we got the dog to the bosque while it was still cool.  Then he started talking about going to breakfast.

Knew it would be a mistake but we went ahead and did it.  Two omelettes: Fifty bucks with tip.

That's what we would pay for two large pizzas -- and tip.

I'm perfectly happy with tea and peanut butter on toast.

Honored Contributor

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@DelaRose

@geezerette

That's probably why I'm still using pure grace.  I poured out a bunch of fragrances a few weeks ago because they just smelled too strong.  I may have to go through the rest of my fragrances and prune those, too.

I always had a problem with people who had a problem with scent, but now I'm noticing that the smell of the food people eat at work turns my stomach.

It's gotta be age.

And that’s weird because I thought you were supposed to start to lose your sense of smell as you age.  

I’ve been sensitive to smells for years.  A lot of mine has to do with my immune system.  Not-so-good diet for too long combined with the large amounts of various pollutants around nowadays.  I’m actually not as bad now as I was about twenty years ago.

And I find that fragrances I’m used to and use consistently I tolerate better than new ones.  

@geezerette

Yeah, that's what they say.  You lose your sense of smell and taste.  But I don't think you lose it -- it just changes.  My mother and I had similar tastes in fragrances but when she was in her '80s she would smell something and interpret it an entirely different way.  I'd buy her different scented shower gels (philosophy or philosophy-like) and she would smell something that I just couldn't detect.

I'm noticing food odors are bothering me.  And herbs and spices I liked are now annoying me.  I'm not quite at the point where I can't eat hot, spicy food (when that day comes, take me to the Sandias with two boxes of Krispy Cremes, tie me to a tree, and wait for the bears to come.  You know -- my retirement plan?) but things like thyme are bothering me.  And for some reason I can't eat Thai food.  I can eat just about anything and I should like Thai food because I like the ingredients.  But somehow it just produces projectile vomiting.

I'm even at the point where I'm thinking BH is a little heavy on the garlic.  I've never even had that thought about garlic before.  Even when I was a little kid I could mainline the stuff.

I think we just evolve into new creatures.

@geezerette

@just bee

Dear G-d in Heaven!  That’s all I’d need!  

Especially since I just backed the car out of the garage this morning—right into the truck!  Now I have to decide what to do with a smashed tail light on an 18 year old car.

To say I’m having a bad day is an understatement.  And just when I thought I was maybe getting a handle on my life now...🤬

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@Oshare-girl wrote:

@geezerette

@just bee

Dear G-d in Heaven!  That’s all I’d need!  

Especially since I just backed the car out of the garage this morning—right into the truck!  Now I have to decide what to do with a smashed tail light on an 18 year old car.

To say I’m having a bad day is an understatement.  And just when I thought I was maybe getting a handle on my life now...🤬

@geezerette

I'd call this day over.

It's time for a hot shower, an adult beverage and a good movie.

I had a shower this morning so I'll settle with an adult beverage and a mediocre movie right now.  I'd thought about seeing The Producers (1967) at our local theater this afternoon but I already spent enough today.

So put your feet up and take a breather.  Pet the dog.  Have a snack or a nap.  Or both.

Tomorrow's another day.

Honored Contributor

Speaking of babies, I think we have a couple little doves in the nest.

Honored Contributor

I finally got to see the changing of the guard.

The male mourning dove sits on the nest during the day and then mom takes the night shift.  Because it was stormy yesterday it was getting darker around 4:30 and that's when I looked at the nest.  Mom flew in and dad flew out.

I watched her feed the kids.

Now I have to figure out how we're going to keep everyone safe.  I don't think the dog realizes there's a nest out there.  As soon as they start making noise he'll notice.

Honored Contributor

I've been conducting an experiment.

I stocked quite a bit of Lumene when I was able to track down the last of it but I've been thinking of giving up the extended treasure hunt.

I've been using their Glow Reveal cream under their CC cream and I still have two jars left.  But I also have three open bottles of oil.  My experiment is this: Wash face, apply a light layer of argan oil, apply a light layer of CC cream.

This seemed counterintuitive because oil can be used to break down and remove foundation.  But there's oil in many creams and moisturizers, too, right?

Anyway, I'm playing with it.

Is anyone else using oil under foundation?

Trusted Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I stocked quite a bit of Lumene when I was able to track down the last of it but I've been thinking of giving up the extended treasure hunt.

Saw this during a recent Walmart visit.

lumene.jpg